How much money can you get by selling a year old DS game (at gamestop)?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -
Just curious.
#2 Posted by BuryMe (22017 posts) -
It really depends what the game is, and what the demand for it is.
#3 Posted by PS2Dude89 (1747 posts) -
WAAAAAAAAAY less than it's worth or that you payed for it. I would say $10-15 max. And thats sad.
#4 Posted by garathe_den (1283 posts) -
Not much. Sell on ebay. Gamestop and EB are complete ripoffs.
#5 Posted by lamborghini1134 (993 posts) -
i wanted to return a year old game at game stop, they said $3, after that i took my game back and thought, F**k, i might as well keep it.
#6 Posted by canary7 (6277 posts) -
i wanted to return a year old game at game stop, they said $3, after that i took my game back and thought, F**k, i might as well keep it.lamborghini1134
Yeah, it's not worth trading at GameStop.
#7 Posted by EyeShatteredSky (1510 posts) -

Let's just say you might be disappointed. If you have one near you though, try selling the game at Gamecrazy. They always give more than Gamestop. I doubt it'll make that huge of a difference, considering you're only selling a single game, but every little bit counts, right?

#8 Posted by FallofAthens (2026 posts) -
Trading in at Gamestop is a waste. For the price they'll probably give you, you'd be better off keeping it. Sell it to a friend, perhaps, or online if you can.
#9 Posted by EuroMafia (7026 posts) -
Selling it to a store for them to then sell it is not the best choice, unless you just want to get rid of many games. You'll get the best offers selling it online.
#10 Posted by xraystar (1150 posts) -
[QUOTE="lamborghini1134"]i wanted to return a year old game at game stop, they said $3, after that i took my game back and thought, F**k, i might as well keep it.canary7
Yeah, it's not worth trading at GameStop.

the only reason i go to gamestop is to buy new games (making sure its still shrink-wrapped). if you're going to do any trading, i suggest replaygamez.com.
#11 Posted by MoldyCrayons (18 posts) -
like 10 cents....ok im exagerrating but they are the worst place to trade in used games.try ebay or a friend instead.
#12 Posted by Gohansephiroth (9871 posts) -
they wont give you very much that's for sure, My cousin had a brand new copy of oblivion for 360 and he tried to trade it in and they said he would only get 9 dollars for it, that's just plain ridiculous for a sealed game when there gonna turn around and sell it for 60 dollars. Ebay is your best bet for selling games, you can get full price or better.
#13 Posted by xxtomzillaxx (2 posts) -
im being serious, gamestop gave me 20 cents for a spyro game on the ds.
#14 Posted by xxtomzillaxx (2 posts) -
no joke
#15 Posted by tocool340 (20483 posts) -
Probably $5.00 or less depending on rather you have the original box for the game and what time did it come out....
#16 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8203 posts) -
If u wanna trade in try best buy. Sometimes they run 100% trade in bonus. There have been several times I bought a game and traded it in months later for about what I paid sometimes more if I got a good deal when I bought it.
#17 Posted by Soulreavercross (19890 posts) -
2008 thread in 2013. Let it rest in peace