HOw much could I trade in my wii for at gamestop?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Foxo101 (154 posts) -

I have the wii, Loz, MP3, GH3, and Rayman plus a wiimote and nunchuck extra. ANd component cables, if I can trade those in.

#2 Posted by bobsarcasm (233 posts) -
At least over $250 with all those extra games and accessories.
#3 Posted by xflamedemonx (424 posts) -
least $125
#4 Posted by Jaysonguy (37683 posts) -

You DONATE it.

If you want the most money you donate it, if you want less money then you have other options

#5 Posted by tgh93_29 (1483 posts) -

You DONATE it.

If you want the most money you donate it, if you want less money then you have other options

Jaysonguy
what do you mean?
#6 Posted by Mutatedbloodelf (853 posts) -
I think you should trade your current brain for a new one and rethink the situation you are in.
#7 Posted by Foxo101 (154 posts) -
please explain to me my situation, you seem to have it all figured out.
#8 Posted by Jaysonguy (37683 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

You DONATE it.

tgh93_29

what do you mean?

Donate it to a hospital, you get full used value and you take it off your taxes

#9 Posted by Foxo101 (154 posts) -
how woudl the hospital thing even work?
#10 Posted by Jaysonguy (37683 posts) -

how woudl the hospital thing even work?Foxo101

I just explained it

You donate it to a hospital, they give you the paperwork that says you donated it, you hand that paperwork in with your taxes and have it deducted. That money is much more then you'd get anywhere else.

#11 Posted by DrewBlood08 (413 posts) -

I bet you can get more for it on ebay then at gamestop...

#12 Posted by Swifty_Magee (1130 posts) -
Well if the donation thing doesn't work (maybe your local hospital doesn't want a Wii), just do like DrewBlood08 said: you can get much more money selling all your Wii items on eBay. I mean, just selling the system alone could probably net you at least $400; probably more since it's such a wanted console in short supply and Brawl just came out today.
#13 Posted by nullvision (1988 posts) -

[QUOTE="Foxo101"]how woudl the hospital thing even work?Jaysonguy

I just explained it

You donate it to a hospital, they give you the paperwork that says you donated it, you hand that paperwork in with your taxes and have it deducted. That money is much more then you'd get anywhere else.

That's not quite how tax deductions work, bub. When you 'write off' something on your taxes, you get to take that amount out of what they count as taxable income. In other words, your tax debt is reduced by the amount you would have paid taxes on - on that thing.

For example, let's say you deduct your wii. Fine. $250. Which by the way you wouldn't get the full deduction for a used wii - but anyway - let's just say...

Ok, you deduct the $250. Now, that $250 gets taken off the total taxable income you have. So, let's just say for round numbers, you made $100,250 in taxable income. When you take off the $250, now you only have 100,00 in taxable income. You don't get the $250 back, you get the amount of taxes you would have paid on that $250. In our case, probably something like $90. And actually, at your lower tax rate, even less.

In fact, if you're fairly young, you probably don't make much money and you get all your taxes back anyway. deductions wouldn't help you anyway.

#14 Posted by romainsimoni (1955 posts) -

I think you should trade your current brain for a new one and rethink the situation you are in.Mutatedbloodelf

Classic fanboy "answer".

#15 Posted by NFS102 (27011 posts) -
Do you have any idea how much Wii's go for during Christmas? I saw one get up to like $1200 on ebay and that was just a console. If you want to sell it now go ahead though, but you'd probably get more over Christmas.
#16 Posted by Cody-G (220 posts) -
I`m guessing anywhere between 150 to 200 dollars
#17 Posted by cjm23 (910 posts) -
eBay!!!!!! or Craigslist...
#18 Posted by Mutatedbloodelf (853 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mutatedbloodelf"]I think you should trade your current brain for a new one and rethink the situation you are in.romainsimoni

Classic fanboy "answer".

Yes Nintendo is the best and I truly mean that.
#19 Posted by bdhoff (4104 posts) -
You should sell it on eBay. You'd get a ton more money than at Gamestop.
#20 Posted by shadimoscouplos (1572 posts) -
U SHOULD SELL IT TO... Gorge Clooney!
#21 Posted by Annexx (854 posts) -
The real question is... why do you want to sell it? All the Nintendo games are just starting to come out SSBB, Mario Kart.