How many Wii games require the Wimote Nunchuck attachment

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by occhsrebel (142 posts) -

Hello, I've talked to some professional mod people like Ben J. Heckendorn. He said it was $70 dollars a hour to connect the Wiimote/nunchuck together and that's too expensive, See i can hold the nunchuck with my left hand ( i have cerebral palsy) but i cant push the buttons on the nunchuck, my hand is too weak. So i was wondering how many games don't require the nunchuck.

#2 Posted by aransom (7408 posts) -
I don't know. If I had to guess, I'd say maybe 1/4 don't need the nunchuck. Most game reviews worth their salt describe how you control a game. If I were you, I'd read reviews of games and make a list of the ones you think you'll be able to play, and see if the list is long enough to make buying a Wii worthwhile.
#3 Posted by occhsrebel (142 posts) -
thanks
#4 Posted by bob_newman (8129 posts) -

Hello, I've talked to some professional mod people like Ben J. Heckendorn. He said it was $70 dollars a hour to connect the Wiimote/nunchuck together and that's too expensive, See i can hold the nunchuck with my left hand ( i have cerebral palsy) but i cant push the buttons on the nunchuck, my hand is too weak. So i was wondering how many games don't require the nunchuck.

occhsrebel

Well, Endless Ocean is a nice, relaxing game that requires only the use of the Wii Remote. You point at the screen with the remote and press the "B" button to direct you where to go. I will warn you though, some people really don't like this game. Read the review (I linked it up there for you) and if it seems like your type of thing, go for it (it's only $30).

Another game that only uses the Remote is Zack and Wiki. This is a really fun point-and-click adventure, but the puzzles can be very challenging toward the end of the game. I reccomend it though, it's a cool little game (Also, I think the price went down to $30 as well, but it might be hard to find because they didn't make a whole lot of copies).

Mario Party 8 also does not require a Nunchuk. There is a small simgle-player componant that uses it, but you aren't forced to play it to be able to play the game. This game is good with a group of friends or family members.

There are a lot more games as well, this isn't a full list obviously. You could always look at this list and check out the reviews and see if they require the Nunchuk at all.

Good luck, and happy shopping.

#5 Posted by DeathScape666 (8599 posts) -
Pretty much all the good, epic ones require a Nunchuck, aside from a few. 4/5 of the game in Wii Sports require only the Wii Remote, Excite Truck only uses the Wii Remote, Sonic and the Secret Rings only uses the Wii Remote, I think, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz's single player mode only uses the Wii Remote. The very best game that only uses the Wii Remote, though, is definitely Super Paper Mario.
#6 Posted by bob_newman (8129 posts) -

The very best game that only uses the Wii Remote, though, is definitely Super Paper Mario.DeathScape666

Except for the fact that you need to press buttons with your left hand.

#7 Posted by lycrof (6393 posts) -
zack and wiki, warioware, super monkey ball, off the top of my head.
#8 Posted by John-08 (1111 posts) -

am i missreading this?

$70 an hour to connect the wii remote and nunchuck ? wtf somones told you wrong if i havent missread

anyway loads of games require the nunchuck id say 3/4 of them do.

#9 Posted by occhsrebel (142 posts) -
its just a shame they couldnt have made the whole motion control thing optrional that way i could played the studff i'm able to and play the stuff i want to but cant like mario i could just play that regularly, but oh well
#10 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
I'd say more games require the nunchuck than games that dont.
#11 Posted by aransom (7408 posts) -

am i missreading this?

$70 an hour to connect the wii remote and nunchuck ? wtf somones told you wrong if i havent missread

anyway loads of games require the nunchuck id say 3/4 of them do.

John-08
I think he means a guy will build him a custom device that includes the remote and nunchuck, but he charges $70 and hour.
#12 Posted by Horpy_The_Mad (10 posts) -

I don't think it's been mentioned before, but Warioware is also an excellent game that only requires the wiimote.

#13 Posted by bob_newman (8129 posts) -

occhsrebel

Hey Occhsrebel, I don't know if you're still here right now, but check out this Wii Remote Mod. I think it might be something you'd benefit from:

LINK

I hope that's something that might help.