how long does it take to "fully" charge the dsi battery?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

panja12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 panja12
Member since 2009 • 226 Posts
the dsi manual says "Be sure to charge the battery before using it for the first time or when it has not been used in the last 6 months" when I get it, should I plug it in until it is fully charged or can I ignore this and turn it on? the nintendo website also says "We recommend charging the battery pack completely before its first use, or after you have not used it for a long time (the battery should be recharged at least once every six months). It takes about four hours--with the unit turned off--to fully charge the battery. Other than these two instances, you can recharge the battery pack at any time" if I know my english... it is either saying I should charge for four hours the first time or it takes four hours if it is completely depleted"
fail_baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 fail_baby
Member since 2009 • 898 Posts

That's just for safety reasons. It's recommended that you charge it before hand, but I really doesn't matter. I never charge my electronics before their initial startup an never had a problem.

Maledizione

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Maledizione
Member since 2008 • 896 Posts

According to what I've heard, the original DS Phat takes Seven hours to charge fully. Your best bet would be to plug your in before you go to sleep and play it the next day when you wake up.

panja12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 panja12
after a bit of thinking... I have decided I should just play it safe and charge it until the orange light goes out, then I will turn it on when the orange light goes out, does it mean it if "fully" charged
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
It should only take a few hours You don't have to charge it before you play it. The only reason they say charge it when you get it or after 6 months is because the batteries will run down in the time it's waiting for someone to play it.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
A full charge takes about 2 and a half hours on a DSi.
panja12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 panja12
okay, thanks, but I will still charge it before I turn it on (call me paranoid but that's who I am)
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
okay, thanks, but I will still charge it before I turn it on (call me paranoid but that's who I am)panja12
lol thats fine. I didnt when I got mine, I didnt read the manual either lol.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

okay, thanks, but I will still charge it before I turn it on (call me paranoid but that's who I am)panja12
I did the samething I didn't charge my GBAsp first though nothing happened I still wanted to charge this first. Because I played my GBAsp way before I read the manual I charged my DSi before I played it. The only reason they say to charge it they say if you don't charge it when you first get it your battery will not make it to the number of charges that it says can be doneon the box.

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts
That's what I did. I heard it kills the life battery time if you don't. Same as letting it die.