360mli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 360mli
Member since 2009 • 339 Posts

gamecube version specifically cuz i don't think i wanna use the wii remote, or can u use the gamecube controller with wii or the wii classic controller?

how is the game?

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

I have the Gamecube version and its pretty good. Twilight Princess suffers from the "Slow Start" syndrome. It takes awhile for the game to actually get any good. I'd say, it takes about 3 out of the 40 hours of gameplay before the game actually gets interesting. If you played any of the other 3-D Zelda games and liked them, you may be disappointed. But get it if you want a good action adventure game. It's a superb game even from all the complaints I have about the title...

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Awesome game once you get into it. I don't mind the slow start, but it definitely is slow and is a turn off to a lot of people. Overall it's my most "finished" Zelda game (finished it like 5 times within a year or so of its release), but it ranks one of my least favourite overall Zelda games. Regardless, it's really good.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Complete garbage

If you think your life is going too well and want to take it down a notch go ahead and play the Gamecube version.

It's not as awful as the Wii version but it's still the worst Zelda game out there.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#5 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

It's my favorite Zelda game. I have both the Wii and Gamecube versions. The GC version is great. Sword attacks are more precise. Both are identical graphically, but I ran into a couple framerate drops in Gamecube's Twilight Hyrule. Also, the Gamecube release doesn't support widescreen.

If your Wii has GC controller ports, you can play it on that. You can't use a classic controller. Unless you have Gamecube component cables(hella expensive), I recommend playing it using Wii's backwards compatibility. It looks much, much better in 480p

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Great game. As others have stated it does start off a bit slower than others. For myself it was around the 8 hour mark if I remember correctly. And this slow start isn't necessarily bad, either. I think people are worried that game will never open up. It does, and there are moments where the design resembles A Link to the Past--Twilight has some of the most magical moments of any Zelda out there.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

If you like 3D Zelda games then you'll be happy with this game. Like the others said, it starts slow but once you get into the dungeons and such, it's Zelda.

Me personally, my biggest issue was the wolf stuff. Whenever I turned into a wolf I just wanted to be Link.

It was not as good as Ocarina and Wind Waker but I like it better than Skyward Sword.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

It's pretty good. Not as good as Wind Waker, but better than Skyward Sword.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Its one of my favorite Zeldas. It behind Ocarina of Time, MM, and ALTTP.

hayden010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hayden010
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I had a great time playing it. I had the Wii version. The wiimote doesn't add anything special to the game. The dungeons are awesome. I put in about 55 hours to get everything. I rank Ocarina first, then probably Twilight, then Wind Waker. I didn't care for being a wolf. But the items are sick in this game.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

I thought it was pretty awful, not much in it was good but I didn't actually finish it. Maybe the last couple hours aren't as bad as the rest.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#12  Edited By Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Pretty good. Like everyone else said, it has a slow start, but once you get past that, it's really a good game.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tocool340

@trugs26 said:

Awesome game once you get into it. I don't mind the slow start, but it definitely is slow and is a turn off to a lot of people. Overall it's my most "finished" Zelda game (finished it like 5 times within a year or so of its release), but it ranks one of my least favourite overall Zelda games. Regardless, it's really good.

Slow starts usually don't bother me much either, but Twilight Princess happen to be the first game I ever fell asleep on during my first play through because of its slow start lol.

BTW, TC, I'm definitely not saying it's a flat out terrible game because of its start. It's actually superb. The some of the things I didn't like about Twilight Princess beyond its slow start are the lack of memoriable and truly remarkable weapons, any side quest it attempted was disappointing because of the low level reward, enemies except Dark Nut was a breeze (Really, how the hell is it possible for such a enemy to give me the hardest time more so than the giant bosses TP offers? Thats not a good thing. Even using the three heart challenge to fight the bosses, the game still wasn't challenging...), not many memoriable characters (Besides Midna and that little crew in thelmas bar, I really didn't care so much about the other characters as they don't seem to be note worthy.), pacing issues, a grand scale game with not much to show for it (Really, I love how large the game is, but it would have been even nicer to have just a little things going on around its open world, more people to interact with for the each section of the game. Hyrule town itself is thriving with people, but there aren't many you can interact with), and most of the dungeon lvl design were flat out boring. They were unique, especially the mines, but once I hit the water temple, nearly every single dungeon became a headache and a snore fest. Items didn't help either. Some were awesome because of their functionality around the dungeons you get them, but many became useless once you are done using them in their respected dungeon. And you hardly get anything "awesome" as a reward for completing a side quest. It wouldn't have hurt to put a suped up item, something that's almost equivalent to the Fierce Deity Mask in Majora Mask, when I got done with the pain inducing Cave of Ordeals.

AS I said earlier, if you played any of the other 3-D Zelda games, you may be disappointed. But its still a great game to play by its own standards. And honestly, Twilight Princess is definitely one of those types of games that grow on you after each play through, at least for me. I'd recommend you playing the game having three hearts as your maximum health capacity to fully enjoy it, but only after your first play through....

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

It's the worst of the 3D Zelda games, imo, but it's still a great game worth playing. I would play Skyward Sword first if you haven't played that. It's a much better game.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

Complete garbage

If you think your life is going too well and want to take it down a notch go ahead and play the Gamecube version.

It's not as awful as the Wii version but it's still the worst Zelda game out there.

To your credit, you haven't changed your opinion in 8 years.

To the TC, in my opinion, it's the definitive Zelda title. It's by a long shot my favorite Zelda. I found the sheer volume of dungeons to be great, the story is one of the better Zelda stories, the gameplay is superb, the items are diverse, and the world is very large and interesting to explore.

And despite some comments, I think the Wii version is by far the better version. The Wii controls although have waggle, it's an enjoyable waggle, and the IR pointer is great for hookshotting, arrow shooting, etc.

The only downside is the game is slow to get going. But once it does, amazing.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

its good going back now. The hype and controversy has died down, so just enjoy it for what it is.

And yeah play the gamecube version. Controls better. It sucks because theres no widescreen but oh well. its worth it for no waggle and proper camera control

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Oh just got reminded in this thread. Yeah the lack of side quests was also a lame thing about TP. Seriously, there felt like there were only a couple of side quests. Which actually is somewhat the standard in Zelda games, disappointingly. Exceptions include Majora's Mask and Minish Cap. But TP was on the extreme end and highlighted this more so.

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

If you like WW and think that game is what Zelda is about then you might not like it. Personally I think WW is easily by far the worst in the 3d series and TP is is up there as one of the best. I'm a die-hard, biased Zelda fanboy, so it's hard to give honest recommendations. The game starts pretty slow, and there are moments that might take you out of the game (the wolf segments) but the dungeons are some of the best of the series. This game is the first in the series and take OOT's potential and really make a great bunch of temples, I don't think there is a bad one in the bunch.

Also in response to tocool340 I have no clue what he is talking about. Aside from WW if you like any other 3d Zelda you will like TP. This is the bigger and better OOT sequel that everyone wanted, I honestly don't know what the complaints are besides the slow start, everything else is fantastic.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

It seems great I believe it had potential to be better than it was, while I enjoyed most of it, I felt it was too straight forward. There was little to nothing to figure out, the biggest disappointment was Zant. They made him seem so powerful, but he's not. The only of other disappointment was the low amount of side quest, some were required so I dunno why they were called side quest

Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jolt_counter119

@Celsius765 said:

It seems great I believe it had potential to be better than it was, while I enjoyed most of it, I felt it was too straight forward. There was little to nothing to figure out, the biggest disappointment was Zant. They made him seem so powerful, but he's not. The only of other disappointment was the low amount of side quest, some were required so I dunno why they were called side quest

The only side quests were finding bugs, and poe souls, other than that there are couple mini games hidden throughout and heart container hunting. But Yeah, this game is like OOT, not the open world style explore everything for secrets type game just an adventure game with cool design and an overly big world to fit everything in. I'm really worried about the new Zelda because of this, I have 1 idea in my head that would make it my favorite game of all time, but I'm worried.

simuseb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 simuseb2
Member since 2014 • 178 Posts

It's fun. My memory is a little shady on this game, but I do think it was better than Skyward Sword. Of the five 3D zelda games, I think it has the most epic tone, and the story itself starts off fantastic but falls off half way through. The over world is mostly bland, so if you were looking for a game that encourages exploration, you will be disappointed. The dungeons are fun, and each is unique to each other, but they are easy. The whole game is pretty easy and straight forward, in fact. (Except for the ****ing Water Temple). The combat, at least in the gamecube version, is the best in the series. Overall, it's a fun game, but one that I would only play through once.

You are right to get the gamecube version over the Wii version by the way. Wii controls were tacked on and completely ruined the combat which was designed with a controller in mind.

Vampfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Vampfox
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Awesome game. Way better then Ocarina of Time which is very overrated. Plus it give us Midna who is an amazing character.

freezamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 freezamite
Member since 2014 • 62 Posts

@Jaysonguy: Hahahahah no, not even close. The worst 3D zelda is The Wind Waker and it's still leagues above of a lot of the AAA released today and a notable game in the overall.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

Gigantic, incredibly ambitious and extremely polished. Twilight Princess is the culmination of the Ocarina of Time formula. In that sense, while not as groundbreaking as Ocarina, it could be considered the best 3D Zelda game. It does have flaws, though. Twilight Princess is the reason why people demand the whole formula to change: it just won't get any better than Twilight Princess. The game did everything that could possibly be done with the Ocarina template. That's why Nintendo pushed the panic button with Skyward Sword and went all Metroid on us. A noble idea that was just poorly executed

The Wii version is just better. The IR pointer is amazing and it's got widescreen display.

versaillestea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 versaillestea
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Twilight Princess is my personal favorite in the franchise. I've played both GC and Wii version, and have actually found the Wii version a much smoother and overall superior experience. It's probably just my personal preference, but the wii mote actually felt quite intuitive to use, especially with weapons that needed aim. Widescreen is always a plus as well.

The dungeons are fantastic in TP. I personally enjoyed the wolf form, it added an extra layer of thinking needed since there were elements that could only be done in wolf form. Apparently, TP has a slow start, though I honestly didn't notice it. Perhaps I've played the game too many times...

Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jolt_counter119

@LordQuorthon said:

Gigantic, incredibly ambitious and extremely polished. Twilight Princess is the culmination of the Ocarina of Time formula. In that sense, while not as groundbreaking as Ocarina, it could be considered the best 3D Zelda game. It does have flaws, though. Twilight Princess is the reason why people demand the whole formula to change: it just won't get any better than Twilight Princess. The game did everything that could possibly be done with the Ocarina template. That's why Nintendo pushed the panic button with Skyward Sword and went all Metroid on us. A noble idea that was just poorly executed

The Wii version is just better. The IR pointer is amazing and it's got widescreen display.

Agree about everything except the Skyward Sward part. Also YES on the IR pointer. That's actually one of my complaints for SS was that they didn't use IR and instead used gyro for the aiming, which was a puzzling decision. The IR was the best part of the wii's motion controls.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tocool340

@Jolt_counter119 said:

If you like WW and think that game is what Zelda is about then you might not like it. Personally I think WW is easily by far the worst in the 3d series and TP is is up there as one of the best. I'm a die-hard, biased Zelda fanboy, so it's hard to give honest recommendations. The game starts pretty slow, and there are moments that might take you out of the game (the wolf segments) but the dungeons are some of the best of the series. This game is the first in the series and take OOT's potential and really make a great bunch of temples, I don't think there is a bad one in the bunch.

Also in response to tocool340 I have no clue what he is talking about. Aside from WW if you like any other 3d Zelda you will like TP. This is the bigger and better OOT sequel that everyone wanted, I honestly don't know what the complaints are besides the slow start, everything else is fantastic.

This is why I said he MAY be disappointed in TP. I know I was because it simply felt like wasted potential.

If there's one thing I agree with, is that I agree that TP is no doubt technically a better game than OoT. I still think Ocarina of Time is one of the best games ever created, but TP, despite all its flaws such as limited weapons to used, a flawed reward system, linear side quest that offer up to nothing of what OoT offered (Biggoron Sword, Ice arrows, Golden Zora scale, etc), lack of dungeon depth (Ocarina's dungeons felt just right in size and content. It didn't feel like its just needlessly dragged on and on like many of TP's dungeons), not all the races are featured in this game (where is the Gerudos, Kokiri?), and had no magic what so ever, was still a great game. But TP has a better storyline, a beyond and away better battle system (No more stopping to use weapons in this game finally. And you get to learn new sword techniques too!), bigger hyrule, beautiful graphics, and more harder enemies this time around. Overall, TP is a better game than OoT, but OoT still felt like a more polished and complete game which makes it stand over TP IMO. TP felt like a husk, waiting on someone to give it a soul. I think the reason TP felt that way was because of the fact that it was originally made on GC's limited disc medium, so many idea's probably got axed just to ensure everything can fit on one disc. You can tell by how much content that was shown in many of its original trailers that didn't make it to the final product....

Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jolt_counter119

@tocool340 said:

@Jolt_counter119 said:

This is why I said he MAY be disappointed in TP. I know I was because it simply felt like wasted potential.

If there's one thing I agree with, is that I agree that TP is no doubt technically a better game than OoT. I still think Ocarina of Time is one of the best games ever created, but TP, despite all its flaws such as limited weapons to used, a flawed reward system, linear side quest that offer up to nothing of what OoT offered (Biggoron Sword, Ice arrows, Golden Zora scale, etc), lack of dungeon depth (Ocarina's dungeons felt just right in size and content. It didn't feel like its just needlessly dragged on and on like many of TP's dungeons), not all the races are featured in this game (where is the Gerudos, Kokiri?), and had no magic what so ever, was still a great game. But TP has a better storyline, a beyond and away better battle system (No more stopping to use weapons in this game finally. And you get to learn new sword techniques too!), bigger hyrule, beautiful graphics, and more harder enemies this time around. Overall, TP is a better game than OoT, but OoT still felt like a more polished and complete game which makes it stand over TP IMO. TP felt like a husk, waiting on someone to give it a soul. I think the reason TP felt that way was because of the fact that it was originally made on GC's limited disc medium, so many idea's probably got axed just to ensure everything can fit on one disc. You can tell by how much content that was shown in many of its original trailers that didn't make it to the final product....

I just don't think you liked TP that much which is fine (I don't like Wind Waker, well I do but on such a smaller level than the others). You are saying fairly vague things like TP doesn't feel complete and it has no soul, etc, which are very "I don't know exactly what's wrong, but something is wrong" type of complaints. I actually feel the opposite. To me Ocarina of time will always be the greatest game of all time because of the impact it had on me when I played it, but now it feels very bland (the artstyle, character design, non-dungeon level design) and the only thing that makes it hold up today are it's genius dungeon designs. After the disappointing dungeons of WW it was great that TP has such amazing dungeons (to you dragged on) but to me that's perfect, Zelda is about the dungeons to me, not the side quests. Those are just the cherry on top.

Also I highly doubt the axed content idea, many game trailers show content not in the final game, and I never really felt like TP was missing anything due to time, it felt very complete to me. If anything was left out it had to be side content, which again means little to me in a Zelda game. Also, again, if anyone wants to play a Zelda game that feels unfinished Wind Waker is the one. Not only is it a confirmed unfinished game, but there is a lot more that wasn't brought up that I felt like Nintendo cut corners on to get the game out.

I just can't believe people who truly like OOT, MM, or SS could be disappointed in TP (well I guess I can because you were).

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tocool340

@Jolt_counter119 said:

@tocool340 said:

I just don't think you liked TP that much which is fine (I don't like Wind Waker, well I do but on such a smaller level than the others). You are saying fairly vague things like TP doesn't feel complete and it has no soul, etc, which are very "I don't know exactly what's wrong, but something is wrong" type of complaints. I actually feel the opposite. To me Ocarina of time will always be the greatest game of all time because of the impact it had on me when I played it, but now it feels very bland (the artstyle, character design, non-dungeon level design) and the only thing that makes it hold up today are it's genius dungeon designs. After the disappointing dungeons of WW it was great that TP has such amazing dungeons (to you dragged on) but to me that's perfect, Zelda is about the dungeons to me, not the side quests. Those are just the cherry on top.

Also I highly doubt the axed content idea, many game trailers show content not in the final game, and I never really felt like TP was missing anything due to time, it felt very complete to me. If anything was left out it had to be side content, which again means little to me in a Zelda game. Also, again, if anyone wants to play a Zelda game that feels unfinished Wind Waker is the one. Not only is it a confirmed unfinished game, but there is a lot more that wasn't brought up that I felt like Nintendo cut corners on to get the game out.

I just can't believe people who truly like OOT, MM, or SS could be disappointed in TP (well I guess I can because you were).

I actually DO like TP. As I said many times now, I thought it was a great game on its own. But in my opinion, stacked up against the other 3-D zelda's, it simply falls short of expectations from what it COULD have been or what Nintendo was trying to do with it. And again, I've already mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I've said from a technical stand point, TP is superior in nearly every category. From graphics to gameplay to story, TP technically trumps OoT. Beyond its technical front though, I honestly feel OoT does everything else just right. When I play Zelda games, I'm in it for adventuring around its world not just playing around in dungeons. Finding things to do when I want a distraction from the main story. Problem with TP is despite the size of its world, there's hardly much to do beyond its main story that's worth the time and effort...

And I'm fairly sure there was plenty of content that got axed. For example, I'm pretty sure Nintendo wanted the interaction between Link's wolf form and the animals throughout that world to play a much bigger role than it actually did. Unfortunately, those segment appear to be cut short. Some horseback segments of the game also seem to have been ditched (I've been following the game since it was first announced and I'm pretty sure Nintendo released concept art of bosses that were supposed to been up against Link on horseback, again never made appearance) . Then you got that forest which was shown in trailers and early pictures of the game that ended up canned. TP also had a dungeon or 2 that was meant to be in the game but simply got removed (Though I think Nintendo offered one of the dungeons to be playable for the Wii version as downloadable content, or using a hacking device). At the end of the day, Twilight Princess simply felt like a game that had many ideas for it that simply got cut short with disc space being the primary reason why it didn't come out the way Nintendo intended it to...

Again, I am NOT saying Twilight Princess is a terrible game. I enjoyed it and thought it was great. My only problem with it was that it felt like it didn't fully reached its potential. Wind Waker also felt the same way (In that it had potential to be more than it actually was), but the difference between the two was that Wind Waker felt like it accomplished more effectively what it set out to do. Of course, I have to play Wind Waker over again since its been around 7 years since I last played it to really remember it better. As far as I remember, my only problems with Wind Waker was that the sailing was tedious (Needing to constantly stop and play a melody in order to get the wind to change directions got annoying fast. Nintendo should have provided a way to make it streamline somewhere through the game), there weren't many large size islands throughout that awfully large body of water (Looked like a bunch of specs of dust on the overworld map. One would think with the size of hyrule, there would have been more large clumps of land floating around), and the tingle part well you become his sea-whore, needing to pay him a ridiculous amount of money to translate maps. Other than that, Wind Waker was pretty solid to me....

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Can be boring...it took me several tries before completing it. By that I mean..I start the game then play it..got bored...left it. A long time past..then start it again played it ..got bored, left etc. :P

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

It's the only Zelda game I've played to any great extent, and I really enjoyed it.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

It's too easy, but honestly I loved it.

Glappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Glappat

Some of you are morons! Twilight Princess is the best Zelda ever made. It’s like a Zelda hybrid. It incorporates all of the good aspects and improves upon the bad.

1. You can use your sword while riding Epona. (Sorry Ocarina of Time)

2. It has the darkest themed storyline. (Sorry Majoras Mask)

3. Cave of Ordeals is better than Savage Labyrinth. (Sorry Wind Waker)

4. It was the first Zelda with motion controls. (Sorry Skyward Sword)

Midna is the best sidekick in the series too.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jaysonguy

@glappat said:

Some of you are morons! Twilight Princess is the best Zelda ever made. It’s like a Zelda hybrid. It incorporates all of the good aspects and improves upon the bad.

Your taste is disgusting

The game is slow, plodding, and packed with filler

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

While it's the worst 3D Zelda for me, play the GCN version, it's got superior controls, the waggle in the Wii version is very tacked on and it shows throughout the game.

Glappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Glappat

@Jaysonguy:

You’re in the minority my friend. Sales numbers don’t lie. TP is the second best selling Zelda game.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

@glappat: Surely you're not equating sales to quality? In that case crap like Imagine Party Babyz is one of the best games this generation

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#39 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Gamecub version is the one I played it on and it's a very good game. Not quite as good as the other 3D Zeldas (besides Skyward Sword) but still worth playing for sure.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 turtlethetaffer

@glappat said:

If you actually think that Twilight Princess is darker than Majora's Mask then you need to go back and play Majora's Mask thoroughly. Majora's Mask has shit in it that horror games don't even have.

Glappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Glappat

@ttualumni13:

You’re right. Sales have no correlation with quality whatsoever. I mean just look at the best-selling games on N64 for example. They were all garbage: Goldeneye, Super Smash Bros, Ocarina of Time, Mario.

simuseb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By simuseb2

@glappat said:

Morons? Come off it. Just because they don't have the same tastes as you, doesn't mean they are morons.

1) Yes, having this feature was better then the lack of it, but even so it felt awkward and wasn't very enjoyable imo.

2) Darkest storyline? Sorry to bust your chops, but as someone above me already said, you need to go back and play Majora's Mask again. Majora's Mask was definitely darker. But since when did darker necessarily mean better?

3) Okay? Good for it, I guess? It's a minor, optional part of the game.

4) First doesn't mean better. Ocarina of Time was the first 3D Zelda game, but you are, in fact, arguing that Twilight Princess is better despite that. The motion controls in Twilight Princess were tacked on. The game was designed with the gamecube controller in mind and it shows.

5) Can't argue with that. Midna, unlike Navi, was an actual *character* with raw emotions.

Anyway, none of these points you mention objectively tell me why Twilight Princess is the best game. You have just given a random list of reasons you personally like it, but these are highly subjective points, and they don't cover the full scope of the series. It's fine to have an opinion, but don't call other's morons if they disagree with you.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jaysonguy

@glappat said:

@Jaysonguy:

You’re in the minority my friend. Sales numbers don’t lie. TP is the second best selling Zelda game.

It's actually one of the worst selling Zelda games in history.

Glappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Glappat
@Jaysonguy said:

@glappat said:

@Jaysonguy:

You're Delusional

Glappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Glappat

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 turtlethetaffer

@glappat: What is the point of that picture? Is it supposed to be mocking Wind Waker? Because Wind Waker is pretty damn amazing. To me, at least. It's my second favorite Zelda game, behind Majora's Mask (which is also my favorite game of all time). Oh but I'm a moron for thinking that right?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jaysonguy

@glappat said:
@Jaysonguy said:

@glappat said:

@Jaysonguy:

You're Delusional

No, I know facts unlike, I'm not one to point fingers but you know, you

Since I see a lot of crap being said about WindWaker that game sold a ratio of almost 5 to 1

Twilight Princess on the other hand sold at a ratio of almost 15 to 1, what's even more pathetic is that the Wii's library was pretty bare bones. That means people actually preferred party games and third party garbage than Twilight Princess.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

Personally one of the best Zelda games, IMO

1. Link to the Past

2. Windwaker

3. Ocarina / Twilight Princess (tie for me)

4. Majora's Mask

5. Skyward Sword

Have not played Zelda 2, the oracle Duo, or minish cap, and obviously not the CD-i ones

simuseb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 simuseb2

@glappat said:

@ttualumni13:

You’re right. Sales have no correlation with quality whatsoever. I mean just look at the best-selling games on N64 for example. They were all garbage: Goldeneye, Super Smash Bros, Ocarina of Time, Mario.

Similarly the Twilight Sage made in box office:

• $402,976,678 from the first movie.
  • $686,862,566 from the second movie
  • $699,590,681 from the third movie
  • $709,938,657 from the fourth movie
  • $832,660,037 from the fifth movie

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 turtlethetaffer

@YoshiYogurt: You should really play the Oracle duo and Minish Cap. All really terrific games.