How is the online in Smash Bros. for 3DS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts

I haven't got Smash Bros. for 3DS and I'm wondering how stable the online play is. I had very little luck with Brawl's online mode (between not being able to find/connect to matches and experiencing lag). I'm also a bit fearful the online in the Wii U Super Smash Bros. will have issues. What kind of experiences are you having with Smash Bros. for 3DS online play, positive or negative?

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

Finding other players is not a problem at all. It takes like 10 seconds. "For fun" four player matches are laggy. "For glory" one on ones are good. I haven't tried it with friends, but I guess that should work even better.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

I've heard on a few podcasts that online with 4 people is a lot laggier than 1 on 1. But I also heard while there is lag, it's still playable for the most part. I haven't played it myself, I'm just telling you what i heard.

I'm willing to bet the WiiU version will be much better. It's a more powerful machine and I can't see Nintendo making the same mistakes they made with Brawl.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Entirely depends on your and your opponent's connection, reason why most people do 1v1 instead of 4-player matches because there's less chance of fighting someone with an unstable connection.

I've had no issues with 1v1 and 98% of my matches were lag free. Some people experience more lag, but overall it's fine.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

its russian roulette.... as soon as 1 guy with a crappy connection joins...its lag city..

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

It is better than Brawl, but light years behind online driven fighters on other platforms. It lags every couple of games consistently.

The lack of options and usual Nintendo communication blocking is what is annoying. I haven't completely seen everything you can do in multiplayer but it looks like you cannot invite a friend to a previously grouped match (which would have been great for For Fun, Team For Glory, and For Friend matches).

It also has to connect to online every time you want to enter that specific mode.

Overall online is once again an afterthought to an otherwise awesome handheld game.