How is Batman Arkham Origins on the Wii U?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

peanut5891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 peanut5891
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

How is Batman Arkham Origins on the Wii U? How is the Frame Rate? I have saw some places saying that the Wii U version is the Worse one to get is this true? I am planning to pick this game up on black friday and was wondering if it is really bad on the wii u or if they are just saying that?

mrfokken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mrfokken
Member since 2009 • 642 Posts

I have it. Graphically, I find it better looking than Arkham City. It is a nice looking game.

I have not noticed any framerate issues during combat. but i have seen that Digital Foundry has determined there are. The framerate can definitely slow when traveling from one area to another as the areas load from the disc, but those loads are brief and only happen when going to a different area.

Digital Foundry recommended the other versions over the Wii U, but they seem to have had more framerate issues than me. I find the game to run smoothly (except when loading a new area) and favor having the map on the gamepad which allows for setting waypoints by double clicking.

The Wii U version is also lacking multiplayer, and costs less than the other console versions. For me, that is a bonus, as I wasn't going to play multiplayer anyway and I saved $10 over the 360 version.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

The game runs better on other platforms that Wii U apparently. I have it as a retail download on my Wii U and didn't have to many issues. Only twice I had to shut the game off. One glitch had an enemy you have to interrogate stuck on a wall I couldn't reach and the other the game froze when I hit the home button. However it's worth mentioning that all versions of the game have glitches. I had a few frame rate dips during my playtime but certainly nothing serious.

The game was very fun and those minor annoyances didn't take away from the experience for me. As someone else mentioned the game lacks multiplayer as well, but it is worth 10 dollars less. I don't know how important that is for you.

peanut5891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By peanut5891

Thanks @mrfokken & @Kaze_no_Mirai for your response's now I know I will be picking up the Wii U version of the game in a few days. I just want to make sure it wasn't as bad as some people say it is.

Ganados0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Ganados0
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts

I have it for the Wii U, my brother the 360, both look and play exactly the same.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34565 Posts

Not sure, but if you want to play a Batman game, Arkham City is much better. Just sayin'.. I was dissapointed. It's like some other studio just took what Rocksteady did, and tried to do it as similar as they could. And failed.

peanut5891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 peanut5891

@Litchie I done own Batman Arkham Asylum, and Batman Arkham City on Xbox 360, and as of a 2 weeks I Now own Batman Arkham City Armored Edition on Wii U.