How does Monster Hunter 3U Look offscreen on wii U gamepad?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by anab0lic (271 posts) -

So I tried the demo of this game and have to say I was quite disappointed with how it looked on my HD TV. I sometimes find games can look a lot sharper and pleasing on the eye when its on a smaller screen though, like it will on Wii U controller in offscreen mode.... but since the demo doesnt allow that feature I have no idea if it looks any better or not? Watching the game being played on twitch streams in a smaller window (similar size to the wii u controller screen) on my 22 inch pc monitor it certainly looks a lot better, but not sure if that's a fair comparison.

#2 Edited by Master_Of_Fools (1320 posts) -

It looks fine. While I was going to say the demo is utter crap, but that has nothing to do with what your talking about lol. But the full game is upscaled to 1080p. It looks fine but its not OMFG looks amazing!!! Though if you buy a game because of its looks well you have a problem.

#3 Posted by pc-ps360 (3458 posts) -

there is no offscreen i this game. the second screen is used for option and map. it is very useful. also the offscreen is used as a keyboard for chatting

#4 Edited by anab0lic (271 posts) -

@pc-ps360 said:

there is no offscreen i this game. the second screen is used for option and map. it is very useful. also the offscreen is used as a keyboard for chatting

They added a patch that lets you offscreen. :)