how do you get gengar in pokemon diamond?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Iceman2911 (2669 posts) -

Also I need a strong fire type pokemon to add to my team

#2 Posted by Archale (2129 posts) -

Trade online, or if you have one of the GBA games, you can go to the haunted building to get a Gengar, be warned,, his appearance rate is small.

#3 Posted by tofu-lion91 (13481 posts) -
Go to the haunted building as Gastly is pretty common there. Grab one and level up then trade for a Gengar. As for strong fire types go with the starters: Charizard, Infernape or Typhlosion tend to be the best :)
#4 Posted by Timotei123 (64 posts) -

I thought you could only get Gastly and Haunter in the Mansion and then you had to trade to evolve it?

But otherwise yeah, trade from someone else, Gameboy or trade over a Haunter and trade back :)

Also for a fire type... eeeerm... You can't beat a good ol' Typhlosion... of course if you're just going for D/P Pokemon Rapidash or Magmortar are good pure fire types... I think :P lol

#5 Posted by Archale (2129 posts) -

I thought you could only get Gastly and Haunter in the Mansion and then you had to trade to evolve it?

But otherwise yeah, trade from someone else, Gameboy or trade over a Haunter and trade back :)

Also for a fire type... eeeerm... You can't beat a good ol' Typhlosion... of course if you're just going for D/P Pokemon Rapidash or Magmortar are good pure fire types... I think :P lol

Timotei123

In both D and P, if you have one of the GBA games inserted in the bottom slot, there's a bout 5% chance to find one in one of the rooms above, I got him that way :P