How big is the Nintendo 3DS touch screen?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by peruwolf93 (84 posts) -

I saw on wikipedia it is the size of the original DS, but wikipedia is not a reliable source so i don't know if its true. so...is it true? im asking cuz right now I have a dsixl and i know the screen size will be big, so i wanna know what im dealing with lol. also offtopic, anyone knows when the 3ds forum will open? thnks

#2 Posted by CyberKlown28 (1198 posts) -
it is 3.0 inches, the same as the original ds. And there will not be a 3ds forum if they keep to their word.
#3 Posted by BreakTheseLinks (2601 posts) -

it is 3.0 inches, the same as the original ds. And there will not be a 3ds forum if they keep to their word.CyberKlown28
Actually it's slightly bigger with the DS resolution being 256*192 and the 3DS bottom screen being 320*240. How that translates to a physical size change is something I'm not sure about.

#4 Posted by osan0 (12629 posts) -

[QUOTE="CyberKlown28"]it is 3.0 inches, the same as the original ds. And there will not be a 3ds forum if they keep to their word.BreakTheseLinks

Actually it's slightly bigger with the DS resolution being 256*192 and the 3DS bottom screen being 320*240. How that translates to a physical size change is something I'm not sure about.

a higher resolution may not mean a bigger screen. ninty may have opted t have the same size screen and just pack more pixels into the same space.