hell with gamepad wiiu new super mario brothers u

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

just got the wiiu and as a mario fan im loving every single minute of it. tho i have a complain. i am playing on an hd tv but my gamepad is also playing the same thing as my tv. i thought this was like the 3ds in where the tv plays the game while the gamepad shows the map and items u have. is there an option so that gameplay is only visible on tv and the gamepad is used for the map or items. (like in the 3ds or turn of the game pad screen).

thanks in advance, also i cant believe it they gave me this and luigi for free in one disk :)))))))))))

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

What you see on the gamepad screen depends on the game. Some games use it for the map and inventory, others use it as a second screen.

hotdiddykong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 hotdiddykong
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts

Hehe, yeah it seems like it right? But no, it depends on the game, the gamepad for NSMBU is gonna be used for boost mode where the gamepad player can set up platforms to either help or hinder the other players

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

in this game its just used so you can play with the tv off...

or to type messages on miiverse.

if you play with other people...then you can use it to make blocks appear.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

..and you can't play multi-player with the gamepad, unless you just want to make blocks appear. This is one of the weirdest and dumbest decisions Nintendo has ever made. Can't believe they still haven't patched it.