#1 Posted by mariokart97 (865 posts) -

Hey guys I recently have been really into Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge on Wii U. Honestly for a last-gen game that received a slight upgrade (graphically speaking, I know it added dismemberment among other good things ;) it looks great on the Wii U. Especially Ryu, man the detail on him is quite good.

But anyway I've just been looking into other Hack N' Slash games, but it seems that it isn't as established of a genre compared to others. I think the reason for this is that some people think of Hack N' Slash as a negative term for games. To me personally, a 'button masher' is negative, such as "press X to win" or things of that sort. But game series like Dynasty Warriors, the modern Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta etc. aren't "press X to win", there is definitely strategy involved, though there is a lot of quick movements involving Hacking and Slashing.

That said I ask the people of Gamespot what your favorite Hack N' Slash games are, specifically on Nintendo consoles. It doesn't matter what system it is on I would just like to know any recommendations you have for games I should look into. Also if you know of any games coming to Wii U in the future that may have Hack N' Slash qualities I would love to hear em' even rumors. Such as Devil's Third info :)

#2 Posted by KBFloYd (14581 posts) -

no more heroes on wii

#3 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7971 posts) -

It's an oldie, but Spartan: Total Warrior for Gamecube. You can get it dirt cheap and it's pretty good. If you don't have Gauntlet already, get Dark Legacy for Gamecube, too.

#4 Posted by mariokart97 (865 posts) -

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

It's an oldie, but Spartan: Total Warrior for Gamecube. You can get it dirt cheap and it's pretty good. If you don't have Gauntlet already, get Dark Legacy for Gamecube, too.

Wow looked up Gauntlet and I'm surprised this one slipped by me all these years! Looks quite good and the fantasy theme interests me alone. I'll check out the spartan game too soon

#5 Posted by jcrame10 (434 posts) -

@mariokart97: God of War or Devil May Cry

#6 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18021 posts) -

Isn't Dark Siders II on The Wii U ?

#7 Posted by nini200 (10334 posts) -

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes on Wii Game still looks good and has more depth in combat than Dynasty Warriors

#8 Posted by Megavideogamer (5525 posts) -

Baulder's Gate for the Nintendo Gamecube is my favorite Hack and Slash on recent Nintendo console. More of a dungeon crawler action RPG. It would be great if Nintendo made a game for the Wii U like this. The closest is Trine 2 for the Wii U.

I have Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge for the Wii U it is a excellent hack and slash adventure. The Wii U could use more games such as this. So I have high hope for Bayonetta 2

#9 Posted by mariokart97 (865 posts) -

@Megavideogamer said:

Baulder's Gate for the Nintendo Gamecube is my favorite Hack and Slash on recent Nintendo console. More of a dungeon crawler action RPG. It would be great if Nintendo made a game for the Wii U like this. The closest is Trine 2 for the Wii U.

I have Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge for the Wii U it is a excellent hack and slash adventure. The Wii U could use more games such as this. So I have high hope for Bayonetta 2

I'm glad you're enjoying Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, and I agree, I wish the Wii U had more of these since the game really intrigues me.

Devil's Third is a game being developed by Itagaki, the man who created the modern hack n' slash Ninja Gaiden games, and will definitely have some influence from those games. I guess it is supposed to have 1st/3rd person shooting elements as well as swordplay and melee attacks. It looks awesome, I really recommend you check out this link: E3 2014 Trailer