>HELP< Another component cable issue *NO SIGNAL*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaneGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 DaneGamer
Member since 2009 • 373 Posts

So yeah... appearently my component cable just isn't working anymore for the Wii.

I have this great three-ways component cable, with an input for both Xbox, Playstation and Wii.

It's usually used on my Xbox, and works perfectly, but when i try and hook it up to the Wii, it's suddenly all dead and the screen goes "No Signal"...

Now you're probably thinking "the idiot didn't do >insert whatever i didn't do< - thing is, i don't know what i didn't do, because this is the first time it ever does this, i have played my Wii with the component cable being just fine, and with no issue, not even the regular "black and white screen" issue, or ANYTHING. Now it's just completely dead! The second i switch it back to my Xbox all is fine. Heres a list of what i have done:

Checked everything was plugged in right - it was (yet you can still tell me how YOU plug it in, though it seems obvious to follow color direction)

I've switched the Wii to an 480i resolution - i know you probably think "you're suppose to go 480p!" but i can't, because the only way i can get a signal is by plugging the standard av cable into the Wii, and there it won't allow me to raise my resolution

My component cable has a little switch taht says "TV/HDTV" i've tried booting it up with the switch on either side - dosen't work

What the hell is going on here? Is that it? Did my component cable work for so long, but after completing Galaxy 2, it's run it's course? That can't be right since it's functioning on my Xbox! Please help, i've just bought Epic Mickey and Metroid Prime Other M and i refuse to play it with sucky resolution :D

Thank you!