This topic is locked from further discussion.

Syaz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Syaz1
Member since 2008 • 554 Posts
if gta 4 is released on the wii, do you think it will be recieved well by nintendo owners and sell well enough? take-two did say they cannot ignore the wii any longer, so if there's a game they should release on wii, it should be gta 4, but rather than have realistic graphics, they should make one with cell-shaded graphics and probably anime style since wii is popular among japanese.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

if gta 4 is released on the wii, do you think it will be recieved well by nintendo owners and sell well enough? take-two did say they cannot ignore the wii any longer, so if there's a game they should release on wii, it should be gta 4, but rather than have realistic graphics, they should make one with cell-shaded graphics and probably anime style since wii is popular among japanese.Syaz1

First of all the reason for cell shaded is mostly because it's easier for the hardware to handle

Secondly, GTA4 is too technically advanced for the Wii to run even if you were to dumb it down.

The Wii should get a "stories" version of it's own

thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts
I'd much prefer a Grand Theft Auto game built specifically for the Wii, rather than a dumbed-down port of GTA 4.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts
I'd much prefer a Grand Theft Auto game built specifically for the Wii, rather than a dumbed-down port of GTA 4.thebisonx
Same.
AppleBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 AppleBlade
Member since 2008 • 615 Posts
I'd much prefer a Grand Theft Auto game built specifically for the Wii, rather than a dumbed-down port of GTA 4.thebisonx
Exactly. How about a Grand Theft Auto set in Tokyo or Puerto Rico. Cell Shaded graphics is of course the way to go. First because it's stylized, second so it doesn't get compared to the last gen GTA's, and third because the Wii hardware is good at cell shading. I remember reading in a dev interview that cell shading on the Wii is basically "free" (i.e. it takes very minimal power for the Wii hardware to do cell shading).
Syaz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Syaz1
Member since 2008 • 554 Posts

[QUOTE="Syaz1"]if gta 4 is released on the wii, do you think it will be recieved well by nintendo owners and sell well enough? take-two did say they cannot ignore the wii any longer, so if there's a game they should release on wii, it should be gta 4, but rather than have realistic graphics, they should make one with cell-shaded graphics and probably anime style since wii is popular among japanese.Jaysonguy

First of all the reason for cell shaded is mostly because it's easier for the hardware to handle

Secondly, GTA4 is too technically advanced for the Wii to run even if you were to dumb it down.

i know the wii has the weakest hardware among the 3 current-gen consoles, but i'm sure it can handle gta 4, only that rockstar have to use cell-shading and cartoon-style graphics. if the ps2 can handle a city as big as san andreas, then the wii should be able to handle liberty city which is not as big as san andreas. i'd love to see anime-style graphics for a change if there's a wii version.

i mentioned that rockstar should do cell-shading and anime or cartoon-style graphics for a wii port of gta 4. that should be less taxing to the wii. plus, aiming for realistic graphics is just pointless on the wii, as it is clearly the weakest powerful current-gen console, so they should do cartoon-ish graphics for the wii version for a change. also, don't include euphoria for the wii version.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#7 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Cell Shaded GTA? I like the sound of that.
Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#8 Vexx88
Member since 2006 • 33342 Posts
[QUOTE="thebisonx"]I'd much prefer a Grand Theft Auto game built specifically for the Wii, rather than a dumbed-down port of GTA 4.Michael0134567
Same.

Yep, Developers really just make the PS3/360 version first then they dum down the graphics give us half the content and slap on some motion controls.
Avatar image for DaLegendKilla92
DaLegendKilla92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaLegendKilla92
Member since 2007 • 919 Posts

I wouldn't want GTA4, but an alternate sidestory or whole other city would be good. As long as they keep what GTA4 took out, and keep the graphics polished, it would be great. I recently heard that the PS2 ran games at like 65,000 polygons a second on their characters, while the Wii can do 500,000 polygons. So, everything should look much better than San Andreas if there was a Wii version.

I actually think that a Wii GTA isn't far off from happening. By 2010, we should hear something fromTake2/Rockstar themselves about it.

As for how much it would sell...... 2.5 million at least.

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
Grand theft auto boise!
APic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 APic
Member since 2005 • 1640 Posts
I think that a GTA game on the Wii would be pretty cool, and cell shading would be the way to go. However, a port of GTA 4 wouldjust turn out horribly. Whenever a company need t make a dumbed down port, they always take out far mre then they actually have to. Nope, a built from the ground up GTA game is what the Wii would need.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="thebisonx"]I'd much prefer a Grand Theft Auto game built specifically for the Wii, rather than a dumbed-down port of GTA 4.Vexx88
Same.

Yep, Developers really just make the PS3/360 version first then they dum down the graphics give us half the content and slap on some motion controls.

This.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="Syaz1"]if gta 4 is released on the wii, do you think it will be recieved well by nintendo owners and sell well enough? take-two did say they cannot ignore the wii any longer, so if there's a game they should release on wii, it should be gta 4, but rather than have realistic graphics, they should make one with cell-shaded graphics and probably anime style since wii is popular among japanese.Jaysonguy

GTA4 is too technically advanced for the Wii to run even if you were to dumb it down.

they only needed to cut 1 island and reduce the visuals to bring liberty city to the DS. the wii can handle if they use a dual-layer DVD.

but i have to agree i'd rather see something like chinatown wars (a whole new GTA) for wii than a port of GA IV. not that i like GTA >_> i'd rather get ninja gaiden...

duomaxwell81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#14 duomaxwell81
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Well i think that there should be a GTA for the Wii. I agree with a few above my comment. Make a whole new story exclusively for the Wii. I mean they could pick a random city like Philadelphia and have it cover the city and some parts of south jersey like Camden, could be very interesting! Now for the controls take 2 will have to be very clever here to make it unique.
ComboTroop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#15 ComboTroop
Member since 2008 • 197 Posts

Look, they already made Bully and manhunt2 for the Wii, i think Rockstar and Take-two are not gonna leave the Wii alone, i think they will make the GTA:CTW on DS first then make GTA for the wii, i have Bully for the Wii and it is TEN TIMES BETTER THAN ON PS2, the graphics have been a little improved, the features doubles, you know, motion contols, use the wii-mote and nunchunk for fighting hand-to-hand, I think if they make a GTA for the wii, it will need to be from the ground-up, not a repolished or dumbed-down version and it will need to take advandge of what the Wii has to offer, you know motion-controls, wicked mini-games like in Bully, and Cel-shaded visuals, and a reasonablely large map, and loads of unlockables, I hate games that are too high in Graphics, they make me vomit, its too much for my eyes, even i am 13 and most kids love high-def graphics, im more intrested in what the game has in playablity and replay value and gameplay value!

But Cel-Shaded will give GTA a cooler, more less-violent in a way, I mean then they will not have as many lawsuits chasing them about the content of graphic displaying gore and etc. you get the picture, and the Wii is reasonablity powerful, more powerful than a PS2, but not as powerful as the Xbox360 and PS3, but the Wii's Unquineablity makes up for that LOADS! But yeah, they should go for it!

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
I don't want a game that full of profanity, drugs, etc on the Wii.
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

Why would you want to dumb down, remove features, and drastically reduce the graphics just so you could play GTA IV on the Wii? Why not just go and play the real thing?

And take it from me, GTA IV dumbed down with "anime" graphics wouldn't work. I can also tell that a lot of you here havn't played GTA IV because most everyone who has now hates the game for some reason.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#18 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts
The only PS3 and 360 port that was dumbed down that was accepted (by some critics and me), but yet somehow added on was The Force Unleashed.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jaysonguy

The only PS3 and 360 port that was dumbed down, but yet somehow added on was The Force Unleashed.nintendoboy16

No

That was a completely different build. Of course it was still as horrible as the other versions but they were completely different frameworks

sirkibble2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 sirkibble2
Member since 2005 • 981 Posts
If Nintendo wanted to make more money, they should make some sort of Wii continuation of GTA 4. The same characters, the same world but sort of an expansion for the Wii console since most Wii owners probably have a 360, a PS3 or both and those who are fans of the GTA series who do not have one, and the game was real good, they would probably pick up a Wii just for the game. The killer-apps are what sell consoles.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jaysonguy

The killer-apps are what sell consoles. sirkibble2

False

They cause a slight blip on the sales radar but then the sales go back to their regular trends.

There is no such thing as a system selling game.

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#23 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
I don't want GTAIV on wii as it would just be a lazy port but I would love a brand new exclusive GTA wii game :D
BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BrooklynHotBoy
Member since 2003 • 818 Posts

I don't want a game that full of profanity, drugs, etc on the Wii.Head_of_games

then you might wanna sell your wii because theres already games that deal with drugs and profanity

BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BrooklynHotBoy
Member since 2003 • 818 Posts
A gta game on the wii wouldn't work out. games with mature content aren't really flying off the shelves for the wii therefore not giving delevopers and incentive to go in that direction.
BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BoxingTheStars
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts
stop it with these stupid gta IV for the wii forms because IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!
scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

if gta 4 is released on the wii, do you think it will be recieved well by nintendo owners and sell well enough? take-two did say they cannot ignore the wii any longer, so if there's a game they should release on wii, it should be gta 4, but rather than have realistic graphics, they should make one with cell-shaded graphics and probably anime style since wii is popular among japanese.Syaz1
GTA4 is too technically advanced for the Wii to run even if you were to dumb it down.

they only needed to cut 1 island and reduce the visuals to bring liberty city to the DS. the wii can handle if they use a dual-layer DVD.

but i have to agree i'd rather see something like chinatown wars (a whole new GTA) for wii than a port of GA IV. not that i like GTA >_> i'd rather get ninja gaiden...

I agree. I don't care much for GTA. Ninja Gaiden pwns it IMO.
Ivix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 Ivix
Member since 2004 • 256 Posts

I don't want a game that full of profanity, drugs, etc on the Wii.Head_of_games

You don't have to buy it. And has been already stated, such games already exist on the Wii.

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

If the PS2 can handle San Andreas, then the Wii should have no problem with a low resolution GTA4

The Wii can handle low res versions of Bioshock, COD4, and RE5 (Dumb third parties)

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Syaz1"]if gta 4 is released on the wii, do you think it will be recieved well by nintendo owners and sell well enough? take-two did say they cannot ignore the wii any longer, so if there's a game they should release on wii, it should be gta 4, but rather than have realistic graphics, they should make one with cell-shaded graphics and probably anime style since wii is popular among japanese.snover2009

If the PS2 can handle San Andreas, then the Wii should have no problem with a low resolution GTA4

The Wii can handle low res versions of Bioshock, COD4, and RE5 (Dumb third parties)

What the?

Let me get this straight, you're saying that because the PS2 ran last gen's GTA then the Wii can run this gen's GTA?

No, I'm sorry, it doesn't work like that. The Wii does not have the horsepower to run GTA4 no matter how much you dumb it down. Plus that other list? Yeah, all that is wrong

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
I don't think it will be that good.
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts
Looking at the PC version, the Rage engine is crap at scaling, so never.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#33 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
I do not want this (being as nice as possibly can here)...."controversial" game to come to this gen's best system.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jaysonguy

I do not want this (being as nice as possibly can here)...."controversial" game to come to this gen's best system.wiifan001

Ehh, there's worse on the Wii right now

GTA would be "tame" compared to some titles

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#35 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

GTA4 on Wii will probably look like a slightly improved san andreas.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#36 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]I do not want this (being as nice as possibly can here)...."controversial" game to come to this gen's best system.Jaysonguy

Ehh, there's worse on the Wii right now

GTA would be "tame" compared to some titles

Only title that pops in my head is Manhunt 2. Anything else Im missing?
ganga_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 ganga_
Member since 2007 • 790 Posts
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] GTA4 on Wii will probably look like a slightly improved san andreas.

1. graphics would be ok if thats right 2. it's about the gameplay
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#38 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
[QUOTE="thebisonx"]I'd much prefer a Grand Theft Auto game built specifically for the Wii, rather than a dumbed-down port of GTA 4.Michael0134567
Same.

I'm with you as well.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="sirkibble2"]The killer-apps are what sell consoles. Jaysonguy

False

They cause a slight blip on the sales radar but then the sales go back to their regular trends.

There is no such thing as a system selling game.

yea because there is no such thing as people who buy consoles for its exclusives (me included) >_>