Gotten rid of any Wii U games yet?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by NeoStar9 (1745 posts) -

Curious if anyone has gotten rid of any Wii U games yet after either being finished with them, not liking them, etc?

I've gotten rid of Black Ops 2 and used the money from that to buy Assassin's Creed 3 early on. Was a good deal at the time. Have since rebought Black Ops 2 do to a deal at Best Buy when they sold it for $30. However I'm at a point now where I will be getting rid of Black Ops 2 for good. Just tired of the game and tired of the series in general. 

I'm debating if I should get rid of Assassin's Creed 3 and perhaps ZombiU. I've finished and beaten AC3. There is no word if we'll get the George Washington DLC. Due to the lack of a date being given and the Rayman Legends situation I'm not even sure I want to buy it if it even comes out. The DLC situation with Black Ops 2 added to my frustration as well. ZombiU is a game I have enjoyed and gotten pretty far. However I haven't been in the mood in a long time to play because I'm left so stressed after playing. I might just keep it to keep it and restart at some point in the future.  So BO2 is a definite and AC3 is possibly on the chopping block. 

I considered getting rid of Ninja Gaiden as I've just beaten it yet but I do like the action and playing as the other characters is fun and I can play that at any time. I also don't want to get rid of any Nintendo developed and published games. So NG3 is safe. 

#2 Posted by trugs26 (5783 posts) -

I don't like selling my games. It's the collector in me that wants to keep them all. 

#3 Posted by bdmckinley (795 posts) -

I don't like selling my games. It's the collector in me that wants to keep them all. 

trugs26
My sentiments exactly.
#4 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
I'll probably sell Zombi U if I get the Zombi U bundle. It's still cheaper than buying the pro controller seperately, I get to enjoy Zombi U for a while and I have Nintendo Land in downloadble form. :D
#5 Posted by simomate (1875 posts) -

trugs26
Which is also the reason I avoid digital games.
#6 Posted by Mika_T (30 posts) -
[QUOTE="trugs26"]

simomate
Which is also the reason I avoid digital games.

I agree, selling a game seems lunacy, especially when you get little in return.
#7 Posted by dobzilian (2817 posts) -
mario for batman and some towards tekken tag 2.
#8 Posted by SoAmazingBaby (2797 posts) -

trugs26
wish I was more like this :(
#9 Posted by trugs26 (5783 posts) -

[QUOTE="trugs26"]

SoAmazingBaby

wish I was more like this :(

Eh. You can end up with a lot of clutter. I plan to get an awesome house one day that has a room dedicated to the old games and video game magazines. 

#10 Posted by mjc (12642 posts) -
I swapped my Wii U Assassin's Creed 3 for a copy on another console with someone. It was part because I was frustrated with the glitches and part because I want to play the DLC coming out.
#11 Posted by NeoStar9 (1745 posts) -
I normally don't either. However with BO2 I get frustrated even when I'm doing really well in games. Which has been the case since I picked it back up. I know it's weird. For my own health I figure I have to get rid of it. So that went into my considerations regarding the game. That will drop my Wii U collection down to 5 if I include Nintendo Land. I bought to many to be honest at launch just to buy games.
#12 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12825 posts) -
I like all my games too much.
#13 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

If I sell one it would be Nintendoland. I never play it by myself anymore. It comes off the shelf every once in a while for family multiplayer.

The other three games I have played (New Super Mario Bros. U, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge) are all fantastic games with replay value so I do not forsee myself trading them in anytime soon.

I am not adverse to getting rid of games. I am not a collector like some of the other posters in this thread. It usually comes down to whether or not there is another game on the horizon that I want and how I am doing financially. Nintendoland is still hanging around because the only Wii U game on the horizon that I want is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and I already have that preordered. I might pick up Lego City Undercover when it hits next month since there is a severe drought of new games coming but I should be able to purchase that flat out.

#14 Posted by Megavideogamer (5500 posts) -

I have just 5 retail games that I bought on launch day. Nintendoland (pack in) Zombie U, Super Mario Bros U, Batman Arkham City Armored Edition, Tank!,Tank!,Tank! and Nano Assault Neo and Balloon fight. But those are downloadable games. So they don't count.

I don't sell my games I plan of getting 2 more games soon for Wii U. I am a collector so I don't sell off my games. So 2 more Wii U games Then that will do for the Launch window.

#15 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11563 posts) -
I don't think I've ever sold a single game ever. Like others have said I like to collect them. Either way I only have four. BlOps 2, NSMBU, Nintendoland, and ZombiU. I'll probably pick up Ninja Gaiden 3 soon.
#16 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8571 posts) -
No way. I dont like selling my games. Why pay so much for a game only to sell it? Might as well of just used gamefly.
#17 Posted by NeoStar9 (1745 posts) -

No way. I dont like selling my games. Why pay so much for a game only to sell it? Might as well of just used gamefly.AutoPilotOn
I agree. I have never taken anything to gamestop for example. I have resold games via Amazon marketplace where I've gotten most of my money back. Or taken advantage of Best Buy when they offer a somewhat okay price and are doing 100% bonus credit. When I originally got rid of Black Ops 2 I did that and was only out $10 which I was prepared to eat but used a rewards certificate along with the money I got to get AC3. So I pretty much just traded one game for the other. The latest time I ended up getting half of what I spent on the game. Which isn't a problem considering the hours I logged on the game in the short time I had it. The few times I've done it I've always come away feeling I got the better deal in the end.

This is the last time I'm going to really do this however. I don't like doing this and this generation is really the first time I've done this. I still have all my PS2/GamCube/Xbox games and everything else previously. I'm normally super picky about games I buy or I was. I've taken to many chances in the last few years. I do think I might look into gamefly as I no longer have a local Blockbuster or 48 Hours video rental store. That saved me a LOT of money back in high school and when I was home from college. I could never justify the price for gamefly until now.

#20 Posted by Heirren (18448 posts) -
Nope, but I don't understand why I bought Black Ops2--it's honestly one of the worst games I've ever played.
#21 Posted by JustPlainLucas (74756 posts) -
I've kept mine, even the horrid Epic Mickey 2.
#22 Posted by trugs26 (5783 posts) -

I've kept mine, even the horrid Epic Mickey 2.JustPlainLucas

Off topic: Did you play the first one? Do you recommend either of them? They just look like classic N64 platformers like Banjo Kazooie, which I love.

#23 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
Nope, but I don't understand why I bought Black Ops2--it's honestly one of the worst games I've ever played.Heirren
Then just sell it man. No use in having a game you wont play and has no sentimental value to you.
#24 Posted by JustPlainLucas (74756 posts) -

Off topic: Did you play the first one? Do you recommend either of them? They just look like classic N64 platformers like Banjo Kazooie, which I love.

trugs26
I played the first on the Wii. Flawed game, has problems but overall enjoyable. It's worth playing for its concept. The second one, however, should be avoided like a leper.
#25 Posted by Heirren (18448 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heirren"]Nope, but I don't understand why I bought Black Ops2--it's honestly one of the worst games I've ever played.Rod90
Then just sell it man. No use in having a game you wont play and has no sentimental value to you.

Resale value is too low.
#26 Posted by Gesyma (1046 posts) -

Sold ZombiU for $40 but that's only because I played through twice once on Normal then cleared it on Survival mode ;)  One of my fave launch games ever!!!  I'm sure i'll pick it up again when I wanna play it through again... maybe around Halloween time!