Golden Sun (Wii) Discussion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Myviewing (539 posts) -

I've recently heard from some of my friends that a Golden Sun game was in the works for the Nintendo Wii. If this rumor turned out to be true, what would you like to see from the game, and what do you think the story in this one will be like?

#2 Posted by LOLhahaDEAD (4431 posts) -
I hardly played the first one, and never played the second. But if this turns out to be true, then I'm totally excited for it. I'd honestly rather have it on the DS, though.
#3 Posted by freek666 (22312 posts) -
I hardly played the first one, and never played the second. But if this turns out to be true, then I'm totally excited for it. I'd honestly rather have it on the DS, though.LOLhahaDEAD
Ditto, it would work heaps better on DS, but still it would be nice to have it on the wii.
#4 Posted by thebisonx (2203 posts) -
I'm in the mood for some Wii RPG's, so I'd be all for this. I don't know much about it, but I'd be looking forward to it if it was made official.
#5 Posted by ljlrj (14800 posts) -
the first was good i did heard they was doing it somewhere in ign
#6 Posted by Myviewing (539 posts) -

[QUOTE="LOLhahaDEAD"]I hardly played the first one, and never played the second. But if this turns out to be true, then I'm totally excited for it. I'd honestly rather have it on the DS, though.freek666
Ditto, it would work heaps better on DS, but still it would be nice to have it on the wii.

That's pretty likely, since the Golden Sun serieswas likely meant to be a handheld game series. But I think if Fire Emblem was able to make a successful 3D transition, I think this one's got an equal shot.

#7 Posted by Console_Gamer93 (2712 posts) -
I'd rather have it on the Wii. The DS seems to have plenty of rpgs out already. Plus i want to see how Golden Sun would push the Wii in terms of graphics since it looked amazing for a GBA game.
#8 Posted by Sk8nNotH8n (1519 posts) -

[QUOTE="freek666"][QUOTE="LOLhahaDEAD"]I hardly played the first one, and never played the second. But if this turns out to be true, then I'm totally excited for it. I'd honestly rather have it on the DS, though.Myviewing

That's pretty likely, since the Golden Sun serieswas likely meant to be a handheld game series. But I think if Fire Emblem was able to make a successful 3D transition, I think this one's got an equal shot.

Doeas anybody remember? The characters had powers that would let them move bolders and interact with the enviroment. The characters would do special hand movements to do so. It would work very well with Wii.

#9 Posted by catfishmoon23 (5197 posts) -
I don't care if it's on the DS or Wii, I just want a new one lol. I remember borrowing the first one from my friend on a trip to the outer banks. I spent the majority of time playing it.
#10 Posted by Myviewing (539 posts) -
[QUOTE="Myviewing"]

[QUOTE="freek666"][QUOTE="LOLhahaDEAD"]I hardly played the first one, and never played the second. But if this turns out to be true, then I'm totally excited for it. I'd honestly rather have it on the DS, though.Sk8nNotH8n

Doeas anybody remember? The characters had powers that would let them move bolders and interact with the enviroment. The characters would do special hand movements to do so. It would work very well with Wii.

That's right. I bet the Wii would even allow some oppurtunity for more interaction seeing, seeing there are oppurtunities for doing so with the Wii's control scheme. So is anybody willing to talk about the story?

#11 Posted by monty_4256 (8577 posts) -
no it's not true, there were the same rumours about the GC, the likelyhood of them resurrecting that franchise now is very slim, far more slim than it was for them putting it on GC
but honestly this game would fit better on DS, as the others were on GBA
#12 Posted by Sumhalo (357 posts) -

I'd rather have it on the Wii. The DS seems to have plenty of rpgs out already. Plus i want to see how Golden Sun would push the Wii in terms of graphics since it looked amazing for a GBA game.Console_Gamer93

Same here. I want an epic journey with great dongeons and great boss battles and cool characters.

#13 Posted by MOM-D (5222 posts) -
I want the gameplay too be lengthy
#14 Posted by LOLhahaDEAD (4431 posts) -

Myviewing

You've got a great point there. I'd like to see what they did with the sty|e.

#15 Posted by Myviewing (539 posts) -

no it's not true, there were the same rumours about the GC, the likelyhood of them resurrecting that franchise now is very slim, far more slim than it was for them putting it on GC
but honestly this game would fit better on DS, as the others were on GBAmonty_4256

Well just because one rumor didn't turn out to be true doesn't mean this one is bound to be false as well. If I remember correctly, I think this came out somewhere in the middle of the GC's life cycle. We're only about one year into the Wii's life cycle, so who says it will be false?

#16 Posted by Myviewing (539 posts) -

Guess I'll need to bring this up myself. (Blame Boredom). Let's begin a discussion about what the story in this game would be like. From what I guess there are three possibilities:
1. A game that takes place 1000 years later and some new malevolent force is at work, staring descendants of the heroes,
2. A prequel to the original games that tells us how the Lighthouses got burned out in the first place,
or 3. Something taking place after the Lost Age that somehow carries on to a sequal then after. (Wont reveal to avoid spoilers)

Anyone willing to discuss?

#17 Posted by Hippostrike (1014 posts) -
It would be nice. I loved the first game but I really didn't enjoy the second one that much.