GC memory card formatting? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by omega_link2 (357 posts) -
OK so when i was going to play ssmm it said the GC memory card was corrupt and when i went to the wii data managment for it it said it needed formatting and that it would delete all data! PLEASE HELP WHAT DO I DO TO FIX IT!!!
#2 Posted by whosgotthe311 (662 posts) -
Is that a Nintendo brand memory card?
#3 Posted by mattyftm (7305 posts) -
you format it to fix it. you then cry over your lost saves. have fun
#4 Posted by whosgotthe311 (662 posts) -

you format it to fix it. you then cry over your lost saves. have funmattyftm

Well I was going to say if its a Mad Catz or off brand card, you save yourself some time by throwing it in the trash and going down to the store to buy an offical Nintendo memory card. Problem solved.

#5 Posted by omega_link2 (357 posts) -
no it was a nintendo one. i formatted it and now i have to do EVERYTHING over! this is gonna take FOREVER!
#6 Posted by forgot_it (6756 posts) -
The whole "3rd party memory cards are evil" thing is a whole lie...I've had 3rd party cards that never failed me and I have my gamecube 1st party memory card that reformatted itself. Whatever, I don't blame the companies, cards sometimes tend to do tehse things.
#7 Posted by Dark_Link142 (6726 posts) -
Noo you shouldn't have formatted. That happens to my third party one all the time (although I don't use it anymore since I got a Nintendo one). All you have to do is turn the cube/wii off, take the memory card out, blow in it, put it back in and yeah. Works perfectly after that. For me anyway...
#8 Posted by xxxBravo_3xxx (469 posts) -
i absolutely agree, i've had my mad catz card since the gamecube came out, it even cracked in half on me, nothign a little tape can't fix, and its never corrupted
#9 Posted by omega_link2 (357 posts) -

Noo you shouldn't have formatted. That happens to my third party one all the time (although I don't use it anymore since I got a Nintendo one). All you have to do is turn the cube/wii off, take the memory card out, blow in it, put it back in and yeah. Works perfectly after that. For me anyway...Dark_Link142

tried that it didnt work... 

#10 Posted by bigbadpupy (74 posts) -

it happend to me while i was coping a game onto my other one and the one that got corrupted wasnt mine

#12 Posted by doomkiller97 (35 posts) -
mine is a mad catz 4x the space it got corrupted on me while i was playing wind waker on my wii blew into it didn't work formatted it didn't work i heard you put it in a bag than put it in a freezer for an hour and that didn't work is there anything else thanks