pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pacific90
Member since 2010 • 848 Posts

A video game store in town has one for sale for real cheap. How good is it compared to an actual controller? I might be using the controller for some other uses....

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@pacific90: im not sure how it compares as i have never used one, but i can tell you that the Gamecube controller is one of the best controllers ever made, so i doubt its close. i understand that the price might be to hard to pass on, but if i had a choice between buying a $10 off brand controller vs $30 Gamecube, i would still choose Gamecube.

My advice would be to try and find a used Gamecube controller for cheap as the new ones i think are $30.

Wow i never new the original controllers cost so much now, makes me wonder how much my Wavebird is worth.

Amazon has white Gamecube controller by Nintendo for $32 if want to match colors of system, i think can get black for $30.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

Normally I'm against third party controllers, but I got the gamestop brand GCN controller and really liked it. Had 0 issues with it, the buttons were responsive and had a good click.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

@pacific90: im not sure how it compares as i have never used one, but i can tell you that the Gamecube controller is one of the best controllers ever made, so i doubt its close. i understand that the price might be to hard to pass on, but if i had a choice between buying a $10 off brand controller vs $30 Gamecube, i would still choose Gamecube.

My advice would be to try and find a used Gamecube controller for cheap as the new ones i think are $30.

Wow i never new the original controllers cost so much now, makes me wonder how much my Wavebird is worth.

Amazon has white Gamecube controller by Nintendo for $32 if want to match colors of system, i think can get black for $30.

Wavebird depending upon condition anywhere from 30 US ( pretty beat up ) to 60 US ( for a mint condition ).

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The Gamestop controller will stop working correctly after dozens of hours of play. The analogue stick won't go back exactly where it is supposed to and some of the buttons stick. That was the case with the controller I bought, anyway. I'd get one made by Nintendo.