Games that should be on Wii U

This topic is locked from further discussion.

geremiasbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 0

Edited By geremiasbn
Member since 2005 • 79 Posts

It's classic. You buy a console according to some analysis you made about graphics and some exclusive titles that you like most. But there's one game that you really want to play but it's on another console that you don't own. In the case of Wii U, which is a very especific family/younger games console, some titles could work so much better if they were in the console that was meant for them. Here's the bastard's son:

- Ni No Kuni: Wrath of The White Witch

Ghbli animation with some pokemon RPG style. A child as main character trying to save his mother through magic. How come this is not in a Nintendo console?

- Kingdom Hearts franchise

Almost all Disney movies in the game should be enough reason for this game to join Nintendo. Maybe it's Square Enix share that push the game to PlayStation... but still, they're in the wrong console.

- FEZ

It seems that Nintendo is not the place for Indies, at first sight at least. Maybe it's because Nintendo never really gave the right support for developers, who knows... But the truth is FEZ is so Nintendo in his own way that had to be on Wii U. Why is so Big N? Follow me: Platformer? Check. Innovative way of playing, changing from 2D to 3D? Check. Cartoonlish design? Check. Collect colden squares (instead of golden stars or coins)? Check. Small character but almost parkour sportist? It's the albino version of Mario! So, check... You see? Go to 3DS at least, please.

- Beyond Good and Evil

Pokemon snap everybody?... But with story, free control and the stealth that Nintendo needs in his games (and don't think of pulling link chrouching through walls in Forsaken Fortress out). And taking pictures with Wii U gamepad it's too awesome! Ubisoft, hear my prayers! I beg you!

- Banjo Kazooie

It will never happen, I know, but Banjo back to Nintendo it's the right thing to do, the honnorable thing...

- Katamari

Na naaaa, nanananana na Katamari Damacy y y y y yyyyyy... A game so nonsense like a plumder smashing floating bricks. It's Nintendo...

- Patapon

Only for the PS handheld... I can't buy a console for just one game, and nobody can deny that no kid plays on other handheld then 3DS, so... Put on 3DS and everybody get's happy.

- Okami (not bastard anymore)

Was first released on the PS2, but after Capcom buying Clover Studios, they figured the right thing. A wolfgod that walks in a paintbrush feudal japan and has the same RPG/Adventure mechanics as Zelda franchise is supposed to be on Wii. Period.

Did I miss any other game? Mention in the comments please. Thanks!

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#1 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Lots of games.

geremiasbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 geremiasbn

@YearoftheSnake5: Most of the games that is in that list is not Wii U or 3DS proposition, people that buy Wii U are not interested at playing Call of Duty, for example. From this list I think that those games also should be in the Nintendo console:

- Brothers, a tale of two sons;

-Terraria;

- Dynasty Warriors 8

- Adventure Time

- Minecraft;

- Spelunky;

- Naruto Shippuden;

- Legend of Korra;

- Valiant Hearts;

- Castle of Illusions.

So it's not that much after all, but it's something.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

super princess peach.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts

a new okami would be great.

i would also love to see something like elite dangerous/freelancer on the wiiu. the gamepad could actually be useful in such a game.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

A proper Pokemon game would be awesome!

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

If Gamefreak actually decided to want a Pokemon game on the console. If they did...Sales would be millions in a few days +

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

every game should be on wiiU.

but sigh...

geremiasbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 geremiasbn

@ShadowSkill11: Most of the games mentioned are not for PC. And Wii U players are not minority... If I'm not wrong, it was the most sold console among his generation...

Avatar image for deactivated-5998864a726a0
deactivated-5998864a726a0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 deactivated-5998864a726a0
Member since 2014 • 105 Posts

The games that i want in wiiu but they aren going to be released in wiiu are.

-minecraft.

-dragon quest 11.

-kingdoms hearts 3 or another kingdom hearths.

geremiasbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 geremiasbn

@chimchargirl: True, Square enix should leave FF for PS and give Dragon Quest for Wii U

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Ghost Recon Online

Project Hammer

Sadness

Disaster 2: Another day another crisis

:P

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

I don't want indie games on the Wii u or multiplats really, they're just clutter. Leave that to pc.

I get Nintendo consoles for extremely polished first party games.

I'd love to see a Pokemon game on the Wii U.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Zombi U 2. Zombi U was one of the only games that really took advantage of the Gamepad's capabilities so an updated sequel could only get better however this is an Ubisoft game...

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

@ShadowSkill11 said:

What's the point? The core audience for the WiiU have made it abundantly clear they don't buy new 3rd party games time and time again. Video game companies aren't charities and are in the business to make a profit. Why should they radically alter thier visions to support a minority of players when they can pick from the massive PlayStation/XBox/PC player base?

Ditto. Although I doubt that developers would have to "radically alter" their games in order for them to be playable on the Wii U, the fact remains that almost every single title would have no significant demand even if third party publishers did bother releasing more of their games on the system at this point. In regards to games in general -1st or 3rd party- I'm not sure if I would want any franchise I truly care for to have a game on the Wii U at this point. It's almost a death sentence to have anything not featuring Mario to have a Wii U installment these days, so I would just rather prefer a favorite series of mine to wait until Nintendo's next console just to see if there would be an actual audience for that game.

I just don't see anymore huge sellers on the Wii U at this point, even from a software perspective. Why would I desire to see a series I actually want to play struggle on the platform and risk it not being as relevant in the future because of a sure-fire commercial disappointment?

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#18  Edited By chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Another Metroid game.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

@ShadowSkill11 said:

Yes. You are indeed wise. But I am afraid your words may be wasted here good sir.

Eh. I'm totally aware that most of what I'm saying is probably falling on deaf ears at this point, but nevertheless, I just like to speak out on certain topics. It's not like I'm a Nintendo hater or troll; anyone who has known me from the height of the Wii days should know that I'm a Nintendo enthusiast myself. I just think Nintendo's philosophy since the 3DS has been completely backwards, and I'm just startled how some just insist that what Nintendo is currently doing is actually positive. I sometimes wonder why I still come here, especially since I'm not much of a gamer these days, but I suppose there's still a part of me that likes to stay a little involved in this sort of thing.

That being said, this is probably the year I actually make the decision to actually buy a Wii U, especially if Nintendo decides to sweeten the deal a little better due to a price drop. I just know that what I'll be getting isn't anywhere near the console I should be getting had Nintendo not made so many unwarranted errors -and not exactly the same ones most people claimed they have made with the Wii U alone.

GamerNerdTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 1

#20 GamerNerdTalk
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts

Super mario rpg 2: adventure of the platinum star

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

I think Metal Gear should be on the WII U. Bring it back home. Bring to Nintendo!

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

Galerians 3

Parasite Eve 4

Bloody Roar 5

and Monolith Soft would make a Xenosaga themed fighting game.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Oh and evolve but yeah that ain't happening

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#25 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

ya know Okami was rerelease for the Wii with motion control ... But I'm sure the drawing will be super fun on the gamepad !!!

Otherwise a mario RPG, Metroid, Dragon Quest, HAVE MEGAMAN !!!! Maybe if they tried to keep some stuff ... anyone remember Eternal Darkness on GC ? should have another one ... and the remake of Resident Evil should also come to the Wii U ... it was exclusive to Nintendo for more than 10 years !

Bring a Pokémon game just like Namco kinda did with the help of Studio Ghibli which gave us Ni No Kuni, a wonderful game that become stupidly hard ...

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts

I also want to add monster hunter 4.

I dont know why its so popular on handhelds...this really is a game ideally suited to consoles imho.

i just played the demo and its great (capcom have squeezed a lot out of the 3DS). but i just kept thinking "this would be really great on the wiiu". i may hold off for a few months...maybe capcom will budge.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I only want 1st and 3rd party ( or indies ) exclusives, either as retail or eshop games. I dont want any ports at all from any current gen console on the Wii U. I have a PC, Xbox One and PS4, so i dont need a repeat of games on WiiU. I think WiiU is strongest when it goes it alone.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

@osan0: I would rather have a MH game built from the ground up on Wii U to truly take advantage of its hardware than another port with updated textures.

Yeah, MH definitely is more comfortable on consoles, especially with voice chat or keyboards available, but handhelds dominate in Japan and that's where 80% of its fans are. Hopefully we'll see a console exclusive in the near future.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Skyward sword should be on Wii U. HD textures / effects, remove item pickup crap and shut Fi up.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Xenosaga trilogy, Minecraft, A 5 player beat em up like Castle Crashers or Simpsons featuring Nintendo Characters. They should all have their own unique input commands and featuring amiibo support. Playing Single player? Plug in an amiibo and get instant backup! That kind of thing.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

If it was released on ps3/360 I thought it was a damn shame they didn't do a Wii U version. I'm talking about dragon age inquisition, alien isolation, evil within, shadow of mordor, and quite a few others.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

@bunchanumbers:

Amiibos for backup in single player is a good idea!

Separately, Nintendo makes great action, arcade, platform type games. That's why I go to their consoles, and I am one of the customers that ignore the third party cinematic type games. Perhaps the market share for the arcade type games is smaller than the cinematic types. I wonder if Nintendo would consider doing a Mario World first person shooter with paintballs instead bullets? Also, I would like to see a hot shots golf type game for the Wii U (I haven't tried Wii U Sports Club Golf yet-is it good? Do you need motion plus for it?). It would be fun to level up amiibos for a fps and a golf game as well.

I thought Captain Toad Treasure Tracker was a great idea and will be getting that one when I can, and Yoshi's Woolly World is a must have. I don't know, I am pretty happy with the Wii U and the selection of games, but maybe Nintendo could fill out some other game categories. They could make an action adventure (tomb raider type) game with princess peach as the hero-why not she is a pro kart racer? Maybe princess peach's lost sister could be a tomb raider hero. Other's have mentioned the Wii U needs Luigi's Mansion-I never played it, but it looks pretty fun.

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

New wwe wrestling game like wwf no mercy would be awesome. New road rash game since nobody else wants to make it. Definitely for the love of baby Jesus bring us Pokemon on the console.

shan780

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 shan780
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I really wish that Persona 5 was on the Wii U, because now I have to dig out my old PS3 for it. I'd also really like Dragon Ball: Xenoverse to be on the Wii U too, but luckily it's on almost every other platform, so I can still play it.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

thats easy.... monster hunter 4 Ultimate.....

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I have a PS4 and Wii U for the current generation of consoles. Anything I can't get on Wii U, I can get on PS4.

All I ask of Wii U is the best first party in the entire industry and right now, they are at the very top of their game.

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

I thought alien isolation would of been an excellent game for the gamepad. Maybe a couch co-op vs mode or even online alien vs humans mode.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

MH4U obviously, get on it crapcom!

Leopardeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Leopardeye
Member since 2016 • 1 Posts

Spyro the Dragon would be epic. Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg 2. The Sims. Pilotwings Resort. Majora's Mask. Skyrim, if Nintendo had the hardware to handle Bethesda's gaming capacity. And a Pokemon game wouldnt be a bad idea.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#40 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5245 Posts

This thread is over a year old. Why is it bumped?

Amoox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#41  Edited By Amoox
Member since 2016 • 23 Posts

Brothers A Tale of two sons (Masterpiece btw)

A new okami game!

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#42 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

F-Zero...I'm still waiting for a game to match GX's greatness.

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

A new Metroid Prime game. I think that game would have been perfect for the WiiU... It's one of the main reasons I got the damn thing... But then Nintendo said nope to a new one...

garywood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 garywood69
Member since 2013 • 518 Posts

Given that Squenix are supposedly releasing DQ11 on the NX, you'd think they'd consider KH3 as well. That would sell incredibly well on a Nintendo console.