Games Similar to Phoenix Wright?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LittleHands134
Member since 2008 • 1176 Posts

Hey, so I just finished playing through Phoenix Wright and now I'm in the mood for some similar games. It doesn't have to be the exact type, but I would like it to have the same feeling as games like Phoenix Wright and Trauma Center. That whole lots of character focus and unique gameplay feeling they both had.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Firefly00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Firefly00
Member since 2008 • 172 Posts

Perhaps Professor Layton and the Curious Village will take your fancy when it releases?

LittleHands134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LittleHands134
Member since 2008 • 1176 Posts

Perhaps Professor Layton and the Curious Village will take your fancy when it releases?

Firefly00

Sounds interesting, just checked it out on wikipedia. Will the EU copy be in english?

Toro_Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Toro_Nev
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts
Professor Layton is amazing!!!!! Go for it! Anyways, I dont there there are many other games that are like Phoenix Wright. I think there is some game called the Adventures of Jake Hunter or something like that.
Firefly00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Firefly00
Member since 2008 • 172 Posts
[QUOTE="Firefly00"]

LittleHands134

Sounds interesting, just checked it out on wikipedia. Will the EU copy be in english?

[QUOTE="Firefly00"]

LittleHands134

Indeed, it will be. Looks pretty good, Official Nintendo Magazine gave it a 92%.

superluigi96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 superluigi96
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts
Did you also play the Apollo Justice game?
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

How about Hotel Dusk? You have to investigate and question people and solve a mystery.

I enjoyed Prof Layton. :)

Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
Hotel Dusk: Room 215.
FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts
Just like the two posters before me, Hotel Dusk is a really good game if your looking for something along the lines of Ace Attorney. --but I don't see how Professor Layton is anything like it, though.
LuckyChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 LuckyChan
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts

Hotel Dusk: Room 215.Lyphe2k

A note: As far as I know it has a great storyline. If you enjoy reading novel or great story, it is a good "game".

Well but this "game" is not really a "game". It lags behind when it comes to gameplay. For example, you are not allowed to investigate other things or even talk to someone when the game doesn't suppose you to do. You act like a puppet in the game. The game is extremely linear. You either go to a dead end (game over) or the game just goes on. You have so little influence to feel you are part of the game. The puzzles are anything but challenging. They're simply too easy to give the player any sense of accomplishment. There are many dumb puzzles like trying to turn doorknobs, un-bend paperclips and other such inane tasks. It's an exercise of your hand rathr than a true puzzle.

In short, it's a good interactive book but don't expect it's a "game" to play. That's what I understand about this "game". Read the reviews to find out the details:
http://www.netjak.com/review.php/1287
http://www.dailygame.net/news/archives/006273.php

LuckyChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 LuckyChan
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts

Since you name Trauma Center, I wonder if you are going to like Cooking mama.

It's a cooking action (simulation) game. It has unique gameplay. You use the stylus to perform a lot of cooking tasks. It can be a lot of fun if you like this kinds of gameplay. But it doesn't have storyline unlike Trauma Center. The character is just your mama. Perhaps you may like it. Who knows? :-D

maplehenyi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 maplehenyi
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
maybe u should try pheonix wright:justice for all/trials and tribulations. or apollo justice
dirktu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#13 dirktu
Member since 2005 • 717 Posts

Hey, so I just finished playing through Phoenix Wright and now I'm in the mood for some similar games. It doesn't have to be the exact type, but I would like it to have the same feeling as games like Phoenix Wright and Trauma Center. That whole lots of character focus and unique gameplay feeling they both had.

Any ideas?

Thanks

LittleHands134

Play the direct sequels Justice for all and Trials and Tribulations (as stated by the poster above me). If you're still in the mood, then play Apollo Justice. (I haven't played that one yet though).

I guess those are as similar as you could possibly get! And their fun titles too...at least IMO.

Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Deihjan
Member since 2008 • 30213 Posts
Touch/Mystery Detective is sort of a bit like Phoenix Wrigth. I played the first game, and I liked it. It can't be compared to PW but I found it just as fun. There's always Hotel Dusk Room 215 or whatever it is, I've been playing it a bit on and off, but I've never gotten further because I'm rather forgetful. It's funny, try it out.
RTS____EX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RTS____EX
Member since 2007 • 195 Posts
Konami's Time Hollow maybe?
Apocalypse97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Apocalypse97
Member since 2008 • 1758 Posts
Trace memory? I've heard it sells for cheap
Shiafiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shiafiku
Member since 2008 • 493 Posts
yeah like what RTS suggested,Time Hollow. :)
bluej33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#18 bluej33
Member since 2007 • 687 Posts
Yeah, I love both Trauma Center and Phoenix Wright as well; sadly, there are few good games that are similar to them. LifeSigns: Surigcal Unit is somewhat similar to TC, but avoid -- it's really frustrating. In terms of text-based adventure games, there are several sub-par "imitations" (Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles is my favorite example :D). Still, Professor Layton and the Curious Village captures the same sort of spirit as Phoenix Wright, and Hotel Dusk and Trace Memory are both decent.
zeundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 zeundertaker
Member since 2007 • 334 Posts

Yeah I'll say either Hotel Dusk: Room 215 or Trace Memory

LifeSigns: Surgical Unit is a little bit like Phoenix Wright mixed in with a little Trauma Center (I did not think this game was that good though)

Also if you have not play the Apollo Justice game you can try that.

HiddenShayde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HiddenShayde
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
The DS game 999 seems to be a lot like Ace Attorney...