Games not working on the DSi?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by elpooz (5883 posts) -

I recently received a copy of M&L from Amazon, and it didn't play on my DSi. It was used (although I could have sworn it was ordered new), so that could be a possible reason. So, I have set another order, this time making sure it is new, not used. I only did that today, before realizing that the game might not run on the DSibecause of some technical problem the handheld has with old games. So has anyone not been able to playnew/used DS games on their DSi? If the game just doesn't work, I need to know so I can cancel my order =/

#2 Posted by Taylor_B (905 posts) -

It will play all ds games that aren't fake. Yours must be fake. Choose the sellers you buy from more carefully.

#3 Posted by Yoweeh (3025 posts) -

It will play all ds games that aren't fake. Yours must be fake. Choose the sellers you buy from more carefully.

Taylor_B

This.

#4 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

Taylor_B
amazon...? well but anyways, it's either fake or defective. there's no reason for a DS game to not work on the DSi
#5 Posted by Taylor_B (905 posts) -
[QUOTE="Taylor_B"]

BrunoBRS
amazon...? well but anyways, it's either fake or defective. there's no reason for a DS game to not work on the DSi

It had to have been from the amazon marketplace, not amazon proper.
#6 Posted by drummer131 (3210 posts) -
[QUOTE="Taylor_B"]

BrunoBRS

You do know that because you ordered from Amazon, you can contact either them or the seller or both and have measures be taken to either get a refund or another copy of the game. At least I think that's how it works. Amazon guarantees that its Marketplace sellers are worth their salt. If not, they take care of it.
#7 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Taylor_B"]

Taylor_B

It had to have been from the amazon marketplace, not amazon proper.

i didnt even know amazon had a marketplace, and from what the original post says, it looks like he bought from the "real" amazon. that's what got me puzzled :P
#8 Posted by meiaman (3300 posts) -
Yeah, it has a Marketplace, you can even buy used things there. And the info about the fake or damaged copy is correct. The DSi is built to refuse reading botlegs and other stuff.
#9 Posted by elpooz (5883 posts) -

I doubt it is bootleg. I checked the back of the cartridge and found little black specs/chips on the actual part of the game that is read by the handheld.
So I'm guessing that it is used, and the previous owner somehow did unrepairable damage to the back of the cartridge, and decided to jip some store by selling it to them, or decided to put it up for sale on Amazon through his own store to jip people like me. Doesn't matter though, I contacted thestore/retailer I purchased from and told them it was used, not new, and that I would talk to Amazon if I didn't get a new copy from them, and they apologized and told me that they sometimes get shipments of damaged games, disguised as new, and don't have the time to check each one individually. So I canceled the other order and will get my new copy for free from these losers.

And btw, the retailer was among the first ones that came up when I ordered the game, so it must be one trusted by Amazon. Amazon doesn't mess with cheats... I guess the retailer just got faulty games slipped in with the OK ones and didn't notice.

#10 Posted by hakanakumono (27455 posts) -

Someone once unknowingly sent me a bootleg FF6A and I took care of it officially, receiving my refund. The seller seems to have been banned from Ebay though.

#11 Posted by menosdemon (518 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Taylor_B"]

drummer131

You do know that because you ordered from Amazon, you can contact either them or the seller or both and have measures be taken to either get a refund or another copy of the game. At least I think that's how it works. Amazon guarantees that its Marketplace sellers are worth their salt. If not, they take care of it.

what does salt have to do with this?

#13 Posted by TriniPlayer (7722 posts) -
Once the game has the offical nintendo seal on game card,it will not turn out to be fake.Strangely,when i tried playing on M & L on my Lite,it wouldn't work but that was before so now it works.At a point in time it erased my save data so i really didn't know what was the problem then.
#14 Posted by DSREPAIRCASE (5 posts) -
The same company that made the UMD Replacement cases, Multimedia Recovery, has a solution for this out now. It's a DS Replacement Game Case. You can take apart your old game clean the contacts off and re-case it in a cool new case! Here's a link on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-DS-Replacement-Video-Cases-Repair/dp/B0048G3HTS/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1289325097&sr=8-16 . You should see it on the website and eBay soon as well. www.umdcase.com
#15 Posted by DINO-MASTER2 (178 posts) -

if a ds game is a fake then will not work on my DSI, havent updated software at all, just wandered as i ordered a game of ebay today and have had fake games of their before by diffrent people oviously so i dont constantly get fakes its just ive ended up waising a lot of money and if this allows me to check more easily i just use this method of trying it on my DSI