Gamecube Controller Use For DK: Country?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BaconBallz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 BaconBallz1337
Member since 2006 • 3017 Posts

Gamecube Controller Use For DK: Country?

Does it work well, or are the controls completly crappy? I am not going to buy a Classic Controller, but am wondering if the GC Controllers work well with the game, and are not a hassel. If the Cube's controls don't work well, I shan't be downloading this.

whothewu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 whothewu
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

You would have to use two fingers on your right hand to run and jump at the same time (no direct line between 'y' and 'b').  This should answer your question.

Edit: You should stay away from most SNES titles then.

BaconBallz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BaconBallz1337
Gaaah...foolish Nintendo, I beleive they probably dileberatelly did this. :|
whothewu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 whothewu
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
It would be great if you could map the controls any way you wish.  Unfortunately, that is not supported.  Hopefully, they will put it in an update.   I wouldn't get my hopes up though.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts

Gaaah...foolish Nintendo, I beleive they probably dileberatelly did this. :|BaconBallz1337

They followed the exact same A B X Y buttons from the SNES Each button corresponds directly to the SNES controler, thats why the akwardly placed Y (relative to B at least) is still used from running.

Niebz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Niebz
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts
I think it's a pretty much business strategy to make you buy a classic controller.  For me it was well worth it to buy one, they're not that expensive and they work great for all the vc games. 
BaconBallz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BaconBallz1337

[QUOTE="BaconBallz1337"]Gaaah...foolish Nintendo, I beleive they probably dileberatelly did this. :|laughingman42

They followed the exact same A B X Y buttons from the SNES Each button corresponds directly to the SNES controler, thats why the akwardly placed Y (relative to B at least) is still used from running.

Yes, I know...but they could have changed it..
angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 angelfly
Member since 2003 • 4494 Posts
[QUOTE="laughingman42"]

[QUOTE="BaconBallz1337"]Gaaah...foolish Nintendo, I beleive they probably dileberatelly did this. :|BaconBallz1337

Yes, I know...but they could have changed it..

and you should have just bought a classic controller. The VC games are designed with only the wii remote and classic in mind. The GC controls are just an afterthought they don't even include the GC controls in the manuals.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
Gaaah...foolish Nintendo, I beleive they probably dileberatelly did this. :|BaconBallz1337

Yes you're right.

There's no way the button mapping is an oversight, we're talking Nintendo here who checks and doube checks everything.
This is their way of telling you to buy another controller.
KenSPT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KenSPT
Member since 2007 • 319 Posts
I shelled out the $20 yesterday for the Classic Controller, specifically because I was planning on buying Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World on the VC. I haven't yet played Super Mario World, but the controls on Donkey Kong Country make the purchase well worth it.
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
I played DKC with my Wavebird last night for like an hour. I had no problems. Then again, I may not know about everything you can do, like running. :)