Game own brand (gamewear) GameCube controler help.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JonnyC_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JonnyC_UK
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

*edit* In short, the old black Gameware ones intended for Gamecube work on the Virtual console, but the New White ones for GC games on the Wii dont.. but why? All that seems to be different is the colour. And can i make them work somehow?..

Ive been using an old "Game" own brand (gameware) Gamecube controler alongside an Official Nintendo GC control both from my old Gamecube for playing Mario Kart 64 on the Wii, and they have both been working fine, so i bought a new "Game" own brand control but that wont work, i got it replaced today as i thought it was faulty but the new one has the same problem it works on GC games, but not on the Virtual consol. Does anyone know why the new controls dont work, when all that seems to be different is that they are white instead of black, all the same buttons and conections.. grrr

v3n0m111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 v3n0m111
Member since 2006 • 546 Posts
I  "dont"  know  "about"  your  "Game"  controller  "problem."
JonnyC_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JonnyC_UK
WTF.. i used quotes once, if your not interested in helping.. move along, im sure you have better things to do with your time.
Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Crisis_Eye
Member since 2006 • 1554 Posts
I think I know why... When the Wii was made it had all of the old Gamcube Controllers input ports memorized for every existing controller when the Wii was made. So the newer ones can't be read by the Wii because they never had the 'scrip' or whatever in the console for the new ones. That's just my guess. I'm not sure if I was too clear, do you get it though?
JonnyC_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JonnyC_UK
Thanks i think i know what you mean, but i dont see why Game have changed anything as all they have done is take some of the functionality away from the controls. And im sure i wont be the only one to discover this, what wth there being a wiimote shortage so the classic controler cant be used so more people are going to try use third party hardwear, and will see the ownbrand versions sat on the shelf alongside the Nintendo stuff. But thanks alot.. Think i'll have to go exchange it for a classic controler and just wait for a wiimote