for nintendo to be successful with online play in games....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Disruptor617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Disruptor617
Member since 2004 • 27 Posts
they need to get rid of the friend code system.... and make something like their own xbox live service, agree or disagree?
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
Having some WiFi enable games would be a better start.
Mac8457

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Mac8457
Member since 2005 • 2624 Posts
Having some WiFi enable games would be a better start.Wintry_Flutist
Agreed.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
As much as everyone hates the concept of FC's and Nintendo's handling of online gaming we'll just have to sit back and wait to see what happens.
FriedConsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 FriedConsole
Member since 2006 • 140 Posts
Yeah baby steps.  Online play would be cool first.  I don't mind a DS style online play where only "Friends" can talk to you.  I want to play strangers but I don't want to hear or talk to them.  Too many tools out there.   Nintendo gave them an inch in Mario Kart to make icons and tools out there had to do lame lewd icons.  I guess the icon thing will be gone on the Wii.  I am sure somebody has a Mii that looks like a body part already.  Lame.  Too many tools online and I don't want to deal with them.  Let all the 13 year old screamers play the 360.  I can play most of the games I want to play online on the PC (no monthly fee) but all the screamers are all on 360.  The X-box saved the PC online scene.  Thanks Microsoft!!

Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts

I personally don't care about the FC system, as I'd rather random-matchups and held tournaments with strangers in them. If I wanted to play with 'friends' I'd invite them over to me place where it's lag-free, and there's no microphone required to trash-talk to them.

But yeah, it sounds Captain Obvious, but I agree with Wintry. Just bring out some ****** Wi-Fi titles already, Nintendo!

Lanfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lanfeix
Member since 2006 • 459 Posts

I dont mind the freind codes as long as every thing else is done right

Let you havbe random battles (So far every Wifi game i've tried has this so no problem)

Let you have rivals (they did this is Metriod)

Let you talk with with your friends (and shut up button as well)

Sort it out so that you can play different types of games in random mode. the same mode again and again is rubish

Use the Wii freind code not a game one. If you are going to have a game code, make it realy easy to send invites to other wii users you allready have registed.

Also let there be a torumant system but with out people talking to each other.

illbitcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 illbitcrusher
Member since 2004 • 2052 Posts
Yeah baby steps.  Online play would be cool first.  I don't mind a DS style online play where only "Friends" can talk to you.  I want to play strangers but I don't want to hear or talk to them.  Too many tools out there.   Nintendo gave them an inch in Mario Kart to make icons and tools out there had to do lame lewd icons.  I guess the icon thing will be gone on the Wii.  I am sure somebody has a Mii that looks like a body part already.  Lame.  Too many tools online and I don't want to deal with them.  Let all the 13 year old screamers play the 360.  I can play most of the games I want to play online on the PC (no monthly fee) but all the screamers are all on 360.  The X-box saved the PC online scene.  Thanks Microsoft!!

FriedConsole
Good point there. Go over to the xbox 360 board and you'll usually see some topic about how someone was dissed or racist remarks etc
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts
I am not "up" too much on this friends code thing, can you only play online with ppl you have friends codes of and if they are online? If so that's very umm, limited
jdmpastor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 jdmpastor
Member since 2003 • 664 Posts
Friend codes are a pain but I don't think it will break the Wii.  They do need to have a sound infrastructure.
DarkMagik9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DarkMagik9
Member since 2004 • 1709 Posts
[QUOTE="FriedConsole"]Yeah baby steps. Online play would be cool first. I don't mind a DS style online play where only "Friends" can talk to you. I want to play strangers but I don't want to hear or talk to them. Too many tools out there. Nintendo gave them an inch in Mario Kart to make icons and tools out there had to do lame lewd icons. I guess the icon thing will be gone on the Wii. I am sure somebody has a Mii that looks like a body part already. Lame. Too many tools online and I don't want to deal with them. Let all the 13 year old screamers play the 360. I can play most of the games I want to play online on the PC (no monthly fee) but all the screamers are all on 360. The X-box saved the PC online scene. Thanks Microsoft!!

illbitcrusher
Good point there. Go over to the xbox 360 board and you'll usually see some topic about how someone was dissed or racist remarks etc

You do realize that Nintendo WiFi has the same problems, though not as much as Xbox Live.  I've seen people put the Nazi symbol as their emblems or pictures of private parts.

I think the best route Nintendo should follow is to offer something similar to battle.net that is used with StarCraft.  It offers everything anybody could want, and is free.

Avatar image for jensen_slipknot
jensen_slipknot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 jensen_slipknot
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
they cant get rid of the friend code system if they already started