{For Fun} What game should be Yarn Style next?

Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1367 posts) 5 months, 28 days ago

Poll: {For Fun} What game should be Yarn Style next? (20 votes)

Assassin's Creed 20%
Call Of Duty 15%
GTA 6 25%
Smash Bros 5%
Mario Kart 9 20%
Elder Scrolls Game 20%
FIFA 5%

Just for fun, what games would you think out of these would be funny to see in yarn form? maybe if Assassin's Creed was in Yarn form I would actually give a damn about it lol.

#1 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13654 posts) -

Exactly how much fun do you get from cosmetic differences ?

#2 Posted by trugs26 (5572 posts) -

Lol GTA would be pretty funny. Someone should make a Yarn mod.

#3 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1367 posts) -

@trugs26: Yeah it would be.

#4 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1367 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: A pleasant art style adds to the fun. If your staring at a bland grey screen you arent going to have much fun compared to a colorful world made of yarn to explore and peel apart. And it wouldn't be just cosmetic. You would be able to peel away stuff. In Yarn GTA your cars that you crash would unravel into bits of yarn lol

#5 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13654 posts) -

@Master_Of_Fools

I hear ya... This was one of my biggest issues with the Batman games and Movies.... The are dark and depressing to look at. :(

they could use a colourfull yarn makeover....

#6 Posted by Star0 (443 posts) -

An open world Donkey Kong game like DK64.

#7 Edited by YearoftheSnake5 (7484 posts) -

A yarn Elder Scrolls would be interesting to see. At least it would be colorful. I don't like Skyrim for a number of reasons, one of which being that it's damn ugly.

#8 Posted by yokofox33 (29880 posts) -

I think obvious choices would be Mario and/or Donkey Kong.

But Pikmin would actually lend itself well to the yarn style I think. Not that I would want that to happen, but I could see it working.

#9 Posted by Sphensen (769 posts) -

COD for the Win. it's the only innovation they have left

#10 Posted by Chozofication (2922 posts) -

Yarn God of War xD

#11 Edited by Master_Of_Fools (1367 posts) -

@Sphensen: True that!

#12 Posted by mario-galaxys (614 posts) -

While it would be inappropriate and downright silly, any game that is "serious" should have the "yarn" treatment. To be realistic, a yarn Mario game is something I would like to see and may be more popular than Kirby's and Yoshi's games.

#13 Edited by wiifan001 (18420 posts) -

I can see a hybrid Yarn Paper Mario game working out

#14 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16789 posts) -

A Zelda yarn game would be really cool I think. It'd be interesting to see how they work the yarn style into the Zelda gameplay.

#15 Posted by Grieverr (2737 posts) -

I voted for CoD. It would be fun to have your enemies explode into strings of yarn! Maybe someone has to quickly knit the flag in CTF matches!

#16 Edited by Pierst179 (10803 posts) -

GTA would be hilarious and awesome at the same time.

As far as Nintendo goes, I would vote for the next Mario sidescroller. The NSMB art style is getting old.

#17 Posted by OmitName (721 posts) -

they should definitely have it among the styles to choose from in mario maker. along with paper & 16 bit.

dead or alive

minecraft style game

sims

knights into dreams

nintendogs style game with a variety of stuffed creatures. with animal crossing, and pokemon elements mixed in.

#18 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1367 posts) -

@Grieverr: LOL that would be great.

#19 Posted by Devil-Itachi (4377 posts) -

Animal Crossing seems like a good fit.. to me anyway.

#20 Edited by Star0 (443 posts) -

#21 Edited by bjmatlock (3 posts) -

I'd like to see a megaman in the yarn style personally. I'm just imagining some of the different rush iterations that he could turn into to help find secrets and cool powerups!

#22 Posted by Wild_man_22 (614 posts) -

I'm still hoping that maybe someday Nintendo branches the paper series out. A paper or yarn zelda would be cool.

My most likely guess though for the next yarn game would be Wario Land. Didn't Good Feel make both Shake It and Epic Yarn? And there actually pretty similar in structure.

#23 Edited by Star0 (443 posts) -

That Mega Man plushie is just anti voice-acting propaganda.

Star Fox is not impressed...

Another great idea actually! Where did you find that picture @bjmatlock? =P

I think Ice Climbers would work well as well. That franchise desperately needs a reboot too. It could have semi-realistic looking stages with stitch-like characters and enemies. I'd have the view-point go towards the vanishing point at a slight angle. I reckon that would look pretty cool, especially in stereoscopic 3D.

#24 Posted by bjmatlock (3 posts) -

@Star0:

Lol! Just noticed he didn't have a mouth sewn on him! Anyhow I just searched for a yarn megaman on google images and he popped up I thought it was the better looking one out of the choices I had.

#25 Posted by Golden_Cupcake (13 posts) -

What does yarn mean? Are we talking about actual yarn? Like for knitting?

#26 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1367 posts) -

@golden_cupcake: You seen Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Yoshi's Woolly World? Thats what I mean.

#27 Edited by Star0 (443 posts) -

@bjmatlock

He also wears his underwear on the outside.

I've tried that on numerous occasions...

It never goes down well :/ And I'm NOT fat!

Umm yeah , Mega Yarn Man...whoop >.<

If they made him really expressive it would be fantastic. There could be seemingly harmless materials and stiching laying about and they could dynamically transform into enemies and platforms as you get close to thrm or trigger switches. That would be quite spectacular actually!

#28 Posted by emirblade (904 posts) -

Mortal Kombat Yarn, maybe they only do FRIENDSHIPS.

#29 Edited by Star0 (443 posts) -

Peppy: "Do a barrel roll!"

Falco: "Hey Einstein, this is no time for knitting!"

o_O

Yarn Pacman would work as well.