Fire Emblem Awakening voice language problem.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
So FE:A has both English dub and Japanese dub for voices, so I tried out Japanese dub at first. In the cutscenes, they speak Japanese fine, and even in the premonition chapter, the battlefield voice and textbox voices are all Japanese. Then I got to the prologue with meeting Frederick, Lissa, and Chrom, and they suddenly speak in English during dialogue scene. And then a cutscene follows, and they speak Japanese in the cutscene. And then in battlefield, the voices are back to English again. This pretty much continues from that point on, so I changed the language back to English (which I have to say is one very good dubbing), but I want to know if it's just my problem, or the game's problem. I bought and downloaded eShop version, so if the problem is isolated on me, I will just re-download and see how it goes. But one of my other friends who I think got it on retail copy seems to have the similar problem.
jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
You need to switch back to English and then back to Japanese every time you start up the game. It's annoying but it fixes the problem. Hopefully a patch will come along.
IAmNot_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 IAmNot_fun
Member since 2010 • 3336 Posts
You need to switch back to English and then back to Japanese every time you start up the game. It's annoying but it fixes the problem. Hopefully a patch will come along.jedinat
So it isnt just me. And yeah, I hope so too. But for now, enjoying this now in English. I gotta say, Eng dub is very impressive. I dont think I was ever this impressed with JRPG Eng dub before.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
That's strange... I bought the eShop version and it works just fine- I don't have to switch the language back and forth or anything. The only problem I came across was having to replay the premonition chapter because the english subtitles are only available as an in game option. The lip synch is remarkable in the cutscenes, however.
resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

what about the subtitles during cut scenes?

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts

what about the subtitles during cut scenes?

resevl4rlz
Enable them in the ingame options. They'll work fine from then on with no further input from you.