Fire Emblem Awakening voice language problem.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by funsohng (28819 posts) -
So FE:A has both English dub and Japanese dub for voices, so I tried out Japanese dub at first. In the cutscenes, they speak Japanese fine, and even in the premonition chapter, the battlefield voice and textbox voices are all Japanese. Then I got to the prologue with meeting Frederick, Lissa, and Chrom, and they suddenly speak in English during dialogue scene. And then a cutscene follows, and they speak Japanese in the cutscene. And then in battlefield, the voices are back to English again. This pretty much continues from that point on, so I changed the language back to English (which I have to say is one very good dubbing), but I want to know if it's just my problem, or the game's problem. I bought and downloaded eShop version, so if the problem is isolated on me, I will just re-download and see how it goes. But one of my other friends who I think got it on retail copy seems to have the similar problem.
#2 Posted by jedinat (3560 posts) -
You need to switch back to English and then back to Japanese every time you start up the game. It's annoying but it fixes the problem. Hopefully a patch will come along.
#3 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -
You need to switch back to English and then back to Japanese every time you start up the game. It's annoying but it fixes the problem. Hopefully a patch will come along.jedinat
So it isnt just me. And yeah, I hope so too. But for now, enjoying this now in English. I gotta say, Eng dub is very impressive. I dont think I was ever this impressed with JRPG Eng dub before.
#4 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6038 posts) -
That's strange... I bought the eShop version and it works just fine- I don't have to switch the language back and forth or anything. The only problem I came across was having to replay the premonition chapter because the english subtitles are only available as an in game option. The lip synch is remarkable in the cutscenes, however.
#5 Posted by resevl4rlz (3281 posts) -

what about the subtitles during cut scenes?

#6 Posted by jedinat (3560 posts) -

what about the subtitles during cut scenes?

resevl4rlz
Enable them in the ingame options. They'll work fine from then on with no further input from you.