Fire Emblem Awakening release

• 187 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by Sword-Demon (6964 posts) -
[QUOTE="Meinhard1"]I just noticed that Radiant Dawn had third tier classes ... do you think those added anything to the game? Or did they just prolong the leveling process? This game obviously chose to forgo them in favor of a more detailed class/reclass/skills system.

it just gave you more levels and gave you a skill unique to that class. it's a sequal to PoR, so Ike's group starts out promoted and they needed another tier to upgrade to.
#152 Posted by King_Dodongo (3247 posts) -
Didn't ask the same amount of copies of a game like NSMB2, but this is a limited supply launch.
#153 Posted by darkspineslayer (19547 posts) -
Kind of off topic, but the PoR order system (precursor to autobattle) is completly broken. playing chapter 9, finaly manage to get to the end of the stage without a casualty, I tell them to avoid because I didn't want to cycle through them all and tell them to wait. First thing they do, both my healers run right into the firing zone of the only enemy within range. FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.....
#154 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24907 posts) -

Damn, only just started and i'm already being introduced to so many characters. Already attached to some of them.

I notice they only gain exp if they engage in battle. Is it better to give everyone a chance or focus on a few?

moltenix

get the DLC once you hit Chapter 5.

after that train there like you've never trained before.

Got nearly all of my relationships that way.

My Next Playthrough will be just getting every piece of dialoge I can. (can't now since too many of my units have died.)

#155 Posted by jaypakavelya (270 posts) -

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

I'm like a month late here, but I only just passed Chapter 12 and I'm about to hit my 50 hour mark.

THIS GAME IS AMAZING!

moltenix

Grrr, I feel so much better now! :P

Congrats ! I am happy for you , enjoy the game ! its amazing I can't put it down !
#156 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

Words can't even describe how awesome this is on my new XL. :D

#157 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24907 posts) -

over 70 hours on my game.

Haven't beat it yet.

Next Playthrough I'm going to get all of the dialogue.

#158 Posted by BigBen11111 (1528 posts) -

My copy of Fire Emblem Awakening is ranked 7th with 102:25. I got the final chapter unlocked but I'm waiting for Paralogue 20 21 & 22, before I finally complete the game. Untill then, I gonna train my units at the EXPonential Growth DLC to help pass the time. I really wish this game could interact with online players too...

#159 Posted by lamprey263 (23171 posts) -
damnit, I wish I knew of this game earlier, I mean I did know of it and saw it got good reviews but not being a fan of JRPGs I didn't give it much attention at first... BUT, I tried the demo and it blew me away, and I don't usually like JRPGs that much, but this is a beautiful game and fun, the 3D looks good and the presentation on my XL looks great, I'll be picking this up next chance I get
#160 Posted by HowlingLotus (399 posts) -

Just about to start the game and probably won't worry about best marriage pairings and stat potentials until a second playthrough. I tend to do this with many games and have my second playthrough as the "master" or "final" file where I try to min/max everything. Should I wait to get the DLC for the second playthrough.. or would I be missing out on anything important? Remember - I'm playing for fun the first time and don't care about having everything the best. 

#161 Posted by Sora278 (1495 posts) -

Just about to start the game and probably won't worry about best marriage pairings and stat potentials until a second playthrough. I tend to do this with many games and have my second playthrough as the "master" or "final" file where I try to min/max everything. Should I wait to get the DLC for the second playthrough.. or would I be missing out on anything important? Remember - I'm playing for fun the first time and don't care about having everything the best. 

HowlingLotus

I do not have much DLC but I do not think anything is that important at all.  You might want it for Insane mode I will say that.

#162 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22113 posts) -

I like the european cover more than the JPN/NA covers. doesnt have that huge black box in the bottom

#163 Posted by yokofox33 (29367 posts) -

I definitely need to up the difficulty next playthrough. I'm on Chapter 21 and no one can even touch my characters. Like literally, the enemies have a 0% chance of hitting my main people and at most 20% chance of hitting my "weaker" characters. Game would probably be more fun if there was some sort of challenge, but again, that's my fault for picking easy/casual.

#164 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

Omg, this game is so awesome! (As if you guys didn't already know that :P)

So much stuff to do. I'm getting distracted by all the extra Challenges, Side missions and Streetpass missions.

#165 Posted by HowlingLotus (399 posts) -

As stated I started last night finally and it was very hard to put down and sleep as I had to get up early for work. I probably played for 3 hours straight which is rare nowadays when I play my 3DS. I haven't played a Fire Emblem game in ages so I'm playing on Normal to get back in the mix, but it is still very entertaining. Going to get all the levels down and strategies and going to try and make the leap to Lunatic on a second playthrough. For now it's just run around killing everything and marry whoever... it's only normal and super easy :P. 

#166 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11116 posts) -
I FINALLY found one last night! I will start playing later today :D
#167 Posted by HowlingLotus (399 posts) -

I know nothing is confirmed in regards to a FFTA3 or FFT title appearing on the 3DS, but Awakening has many mechanics I would LOVE to see in one! Similar combat visuals would be nice, bring back the combo system from FFTA and make it similar to pairing up, customizable avatar, something similar to support/marriage. They would be looking at a jackpot given Awakenings success and praise!

*Edit*

It's probably a very noob question, but how does the game select a unit to support an attack when the attacking unit has multiple allies next to them. For example lets say I'm about to attack with my Avatar unit and Chrom is below me, Lissa is above me, and Frederick is to my right. The enemy is to my left and the game tends to randomly pick one of them to support my attack. Is there a way to switch this or does the game have a method of selecting the best boost from surrounding units if more then one?

#168 Posted by darkspineslayer (19547 posts) -

I know nothing is confirmed in regards to a FFTA3 or FFT title appearing on the 3DS, but Awakening has many mechanics I would LOVE to see in one! Similar combat visuals would be nice, bring back the combo system from FFTA and make it similar to pairing up, customizable avatar, something similar to support/marriage. They would be looking at a jackpot given Awakenings success and praise!

*Edit*

It's probably a very noob question, but how does the game select a unit to support an attack when the attacking unit has multiple allies next to them. For example lets say I'm about to attack with my Avatar unit and Chrom is below me, Lissa is above me, and Frederick is to my right. The enemy is to my left and the game tends to randomly pick one of them to support my attack. Is there a way to switch this or does the game have a method of selecting the best boost from surrounding units if more then one?

HowlingLotus
The game pairs whoever has the highest support level. With equal levels I'm not sure...
#169 Posted by King_Dodongo (3247 posts) -
Definitely my personal GOTY.
#170 Posted by darkspineslayer (19547 posts) -
Definitely my personal GOTY.King_Dodongo
I agree. Not a lot of games keep my attention for over a month.
#171 Posted by HowlingLotus (399 posts) -

Just finished Chapter 9 :(. 

I have too many units now I don't even know who I should really be using. Of course it is only on normal so I'll try all of them to see which are best for a second and serious playthough. I loved Sully's rainbow and puppy speach when she and Frederick hit S support. 

#172 Posted by HowlingLotus (399 posts) -

Sorry for double post, but didn't want to start a new thread.

I've been hearing things about a "new game +" for Fire Emblem, but that it only carries over the Renown score and taht you can recruit prior avatar units if you have the money to spend. I take it there isn't any chance that the support conversations carry over? If that is the case then does that mean I need to play x times to unlock all S support conversations? Or can units reach a S conversation even if they are married to someone else?

#173 Posted by Meinhard1 (6768 posts) -
I FINALLY found one last night! I will start playing later today :DKaze_no_Mirai
Make sure all your affairs are in order before you start! Once you do you'll likely find you're spending way more time playing the game than you originally planned
#174 Posted by Meinhard1 (6768 posts) -
What are some weapons, skills and classes you value in a good spotpass team? I just got a hold of a Mire (dark tomb) --- in the hands of Tharja this should make for an interesting ultra long range element. Also an assassin with astra has increased chance of criticals and lethality. Morgan has very high speed cap, so paired with a Balmung and max stats she can be tough to hit. Most of my team members have regal or custom weapons.
#175 Posted by darkspineslayer (19547 posts) -
[QUOTE="Meinhard1"]What are some weapons, skills and classes you value in a good spotpass team? I just got a hold of a Mire (dark tomb) --- in the hands of Tharja this should make for an interesting ultra long range element. Also an assassin with astra has increased chance of criticals and lethality. Morgan has very high speed cap, so paired with a Balmung and max stats she can be tough to hit. Most of my team members have regal or custom weapons.

Gale force on everyone possible. If an enemy isn't prepared, they'll get steamrolled
#176 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Meinhard1"]What are some weapons, skills and classes you value in a good spotpass team? I just got a hold of a Mire (dark tomb) --- in the hands of Tharja this should make for an interesting ultra long range element. Also an assassin with astra has increased chance of criticals and lethality. Morgan has very high speed cap, so paired with a Balmung and max stats she can be tough to hit. Most of my team members have regal or custom weapons.darkspineslayer
Gale force on everyone possible. If an enemy isn't prepared, they'll get steamrolled

You can still lose units fighting other players right? I don't go crazy with the galeforce 'cause I figure if I kill a unit they'll reset. It would work fine if they're playing on casual though.

#177 Posted by Sword-Demon (6964 posts) -

What are some weapons, skills and classes you value in a good spotpass team? I just got a hold of a Mire (dark tomb) --- in the hands of Tharja this should make for an interesting ultra long range element. Also an assassin with astra has increased chance of criticals and lethality. Morgan has very high speed cap, so paired with a Balmung and max stats she can be tough to hit. Most of my team members have regal or custom weapons.Meinhard1

Skills:

• Galeforce
  • Counter
  • Sol
  • Luna
  • Aether
  • Lifetaker
  • Lethality
  • Pass
  • Pavise
  • Miracle

Weapons:

• Brave Weapons
  • Hauteclere
  • Helswath
  • Ragnell
  • the Three Regalia
  • Valflame
Classes:
  • Assassin
  • Great Knight
  • Great Lord
  • Dark Knight
  • Grandmaster
  • Dread Fighter
  • Warrior
#178 Posted by King_Dodongo (3247 posts) -
ListSword-Demon
You forgot aegis but it's a pretty good list.
#179 Posted by _Pedro_ (6829 posts) -

19th of april.... 19th of april.... aaaagh! :P

#180 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6007 posts) -

[QUOTE="Meinhard1"]What are some weapons, skills and classes you value in a good spotpass team? I just got a hold of a Mire (dark tomb) --- in the hands of Tharja this should make for an interesting ultra long range element. Also an assassin with astra has increased chance of criticals and lethality. Morgan has very high speed cap, so paired with a Balmung and max stats she can be tough to hit. Most of my team members have regal or custom weapons.Sword-Demon

Skills:

• Galeforce
  • Counter
  • Sol
  • Luna
  • Aether
  • Lifetaker
  • Lethality
  • Pass
  • Pavise
  • Miracle

Weapons:

• Brave Weapons
  • Hauteclere
  • Helswath
  • Ragnell
  • the Three Regalia
  • Valflame
Classes:
  • Assassin
  • Great Knight
  • Great Lord
  • Dark Knight
  • Grandmaster
  • Dread Fighter
  • Warrior

Skills: Vantage Astra Lethality Pavise Counter Acrobat Weapons: Aversa's Night Killing Edge Killing Axe Thoron Bolt Axe Amatsu Classes: Hero Swordmaster Dread Fighter Trickster Sorcerer Assassin Most of my weapons are customized- brave swords, killing edges and silver swords mostly, but also a couple of tomes and bows.
#181 Posted by Meinhard1 (6768 posts) -

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="Meinhard1"]What are some weapons, skills and classes you value in a good spotpass team? I just got a hold of a Mire (dark tomb) --- in the hands of Tharja this should make for an interesting ultra long range element. Also an assassin with astra has increased chance of criticals and lethality. Morgan has very high speed cap, so paired with a Balmung and max stats she can be tough to hit. Most of my team members have regal or custom weapons.Pixel-Perfect

You can still lose units fighting other players right? I don't go crazy with the galeforce 'cause I figure if I kill a unit they'll reset. It would work fine if they're playing on casual though.

Why didn't I think of that! Galeforce is worthless for spotpass, then. :/
#182 Posted by Meinhard1 (6768 posts) -

Skills: Vantage Astra Lethality Pavise Counter Acrobat Weapons: Aversa's Night Killing Edge Killing Axe Thoron Bolt Axe Amatsu Classes: Hero Swordmaster Dread Fighter Trickster Sorcerer Assassin Most of my weapons are customized- brave swords, killing edges and silver swords mostly, but also a couple of tomes and bows.El_Zo1212o
I agree with the skills but why Thoron over Valflame? Any Dread Fighter seems kind of weak. I human player could maybe use the versatility to good effect but otherwise it would probably be better to obtain the skills and move on to something else.

EDIT: Quoting the post seems to have messed with the formating. 

#183 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6007 posts) -

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] Skills: Vantage Astra Lethality Pavise Counter Acrobat Weapons: Aversa's Night Killing Edge Killing Axe Thoron Bolt Axe Amatsu Classes: Hero Swordmaster Dread Fighter Trickster Sorcerer Assassin Most of my weapons are customized- brave swords, killing edges and silver swords mostly, but also a couple of tomes and bows.Meinhard1

I agree with the skills but why Thoron over Valflame? Any Dread Fighter seems kind of weak. I human player could maybe use the versatility to good effect but otherwise it would probably be better to obtain the skills and move on to something else.

It's probably my own personal preference- I just feel like lightning magic is more potent than fire. My Avatar is my Dread Fighter, and he's got all his stats maxed out at low-mid 40's except for def and res. Defense is 28 and resistance is 35(+10 res skill makes it 45), so he can take on any enemy 1 on 1, and can usually scrape by with up to 3 or 4 enemies on him. I just dropped him back to level one to see if his def and res would max out the second time around. Although in retrospect I ought to have made him a general in order to boost his defense. Meh, it'll be what it is. Between swords, tomes and axes, the Dread Fighter can control almost any battle- armor slayers, wyrmslayers, hammers, wind tomes- he can carry just about any weapon that deals additional damage to any type of enemy unit(except Beast Killer, which is a bummer).
#184 Posted by Meinhard1 (6768 posts) -
[QUOTE="Meinhard1"]

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] Skills: Vantage Astra Lethality Pavise Counter Acrobat Weapons: Aversa's Night Killing Edge Killing Axe Thoron Bolt Axe Amatsu Classes: Hero Swordmaster Dread Fighter Trickster Sorcerer Assassin Most of my weapons are customized- brave swords, killing edges and silver swords mostly, but also a couple of tomes and bows.El_Zo1212o

It's probably my own personal preference- I just feel like lightning magic is more potent than fire. My Avatar is my Dread Fighter, and he's got all his stats maxed out at low-mid 40's except for def and res. Defense is 28 and resistance is 35(+10 res skill makes it 45), so he can take on any enemy 1 on 1, and can usually scrape by with up to 3 or 4 enemies on him. I just dropped him back to level one to see if his def and res would max out the second time around. Although in retrospect I ought to have made him a general in order to boost his defense. Meh, it'll be what it is. Between swords, tomes and axes, the Dread Fighter can control almost any battle- armor slayers, wyrmslayers, hammers, wind tomes- he can carry just about any weapon that deals additional damage to any type of enemy unit(except Beast Killer, which is a bummer).

Makes sense. I'm just not sure if my dreadfighter will be that effective in the hands of the AI. Either way it's just an awesome class, I suppose.
#185 Posted by Meinhard1 (6768 posts) -
People praise Fire Emblem for being a high-stakes game where your actions have real consequences but it seems like most people just restart a mission if someone dies.
#186 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11116 posts) -
I had my avatar max out two classes after using one master seal. I would like to know whether or not my stats will change, either improve or lower if I switch him up to another class with the other seal. I have him maxed out at the second tactician class (forgot the name) what do I do to have him continue to grow?
#187 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6007 posts) -
I had my avatar max out two classes after using one master seal. I would like to know whether or not my stats will change, either improve or lower if I switch him up to another class with the other seal. I have him maxed out at the second tactician class (forgot the name) what do I do to have him continue to grow?Kaze_no_Mirai
If you second seal him down to a base class, you'll see a sharp drop in your stats, due to base classes' low stat caps. But when you master seal him up to another advanced class, your stats will bounce all the way back- as long as they don't hit a cap on the new class.