Fire Emblem: Awakening Demo coming next week!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Moloch121 (677 posts) -

Fans can also try out Fire Emblem Awakening prior to launch by downloading the free demo available in the Nintendo eShop. The demo will be available on Jan. 17. When the game launches on Feb. 4, shoppers can purchase the packaged game as usual at retail locations nationwide. Nintendo Press

CTRL+F demo because its hard to find!

Probably getting the digital version myself.

#2 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
I'm excited!
#3 Posted by funsohng (27456 posts) -
Oh right, I can actually get games straight from eShop now. Since I live overseas, I just might do that.
#4 Posted by Blueresident87 (5195 posts) -

Yea, I'm ready for this game.

#5 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
GameXplain has a video preview for Fire Emblem Awakening.
#6 Posted by Bangerman15 (1961 posts) -
i want to try it, it will be my first fire emblem game i try out
#7 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -
Damn, I'll be back at school when the demo lands, and campus internet doesn't like me connecting the 3DS for some reason. Oh well, not that much longer until the release anyway.
#8 Posted by Lebowski__basic (1252 posts) -
I'm going to wear that demo out.
#9 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15592 posts) -
I have the game preordered and it is one of my favorite series but I probably won't play the demo.
#10 Posted by AutoPilotOn (7974 posts) -
I wanna go preorder it. Looks awesome. I never played Fire Emblem but I do own a copy for the Wii because I saw it for sale used cheap.
#11 Posted by NaveedLife (17172 posts) -

I want to be excited, but two things are holding me back.

1. It is a continuation of past stories (I have not played) right?
  2. Is there anything you do besides battle?
#12 Posted by Minishdriveby (10013 posts) -
Damn, I'll be back at school when the demo lands, and campus internet doesn't like me connecting the 3DS for some reason. Oh well, not that much longer until the release anyway.1PMrFister
So glad I moved off campus this year.
#13 Posted by yokofox33 (29001 posts) -

I already pre-ordered a copy, but I'll give the demo a play just in case.

#14 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4616 posts) -

So excited! :D

#15 Posted by Will47 (6826 posts) -

I'm really on the edge about this game, I'm not sure how much I'll like it. I'm not that great at strategy type stuff, but it does look really cool. Pre-orders get an art book or something right? From what I've seen of the games art that could be a pretty cool add on.

After reading this preview I was pushed yet again to consider it. Maybe this demo will let me know if its my thing or not.

#16 Posted by esgallad (100 posts) -

I'm really on the edge about this game, I'm not sure how much I'll like it. I'm not that great at strategy type stuff, but it does look really cool. Pre-orders get an art book or something right? From what I've seen of the games art that could be a pretty cool add on.

After reading this preview I was pushed yet again to consider it. Maybe this demo will let me know if its my thing or not.

Will47

I'm on the same boat as you. I've only played one Fire Emblem game, but it was only for a short period of time. I have been on the lookout for a solid, lengthy RPG, and it came between this or Ni No Kuni. My payday forces me to only choose one.

#17 Posted by Litchie (16187 posts) -
Only for the US. :(
#18 Posted by LJChronx (949 posts) -

Ive never played a Fire Emblem myself suprisingly as I do like turn based strategy games. Was a huge fan of Shining Force and Advanced Wars, so I know Im going to like this. Cant wait for the demo to give it a try.

#19 Posted by BrunoBRS (73259 posts) -

NaveedLife
basic fire emblem structure is story, battle, story, repeat. this one seems to have some overworld thingy like the final fantasy tactics games, apparently. as for story, pretty sure it's a standalone thing, as are most fire emblem games. i mean, apparently it's from the same universe marth comes from, but the games with marth have a pretty bland, passable story anyway, and i doubt they'd delve into much detail about that without providing some good insight to newcomers.
#21 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15592 posts) -

NaveedLife

1: Usually only two games take place in the same world and you never need to play the other one to understand the plot.

2: Unless they really changed anything about the series then no. Fight, buy supplies, watch dialouge/cutscenes during and after battle. There shouldn't be any walking around or exploring or anything like in Shining Force.

#22 Posted by bionicle_lover (4501 posts) -

i hope it has the option for training sidequests like in sacred stones. I've only played the two english gba titles, and without the option to train, it makes deciding on who to level up during real battles a pain :P

#23 Posted by BrunoBRS (73259 posts) -

i hope it has the option for training sidequests like in sacred stones. I've only played the two english gba titles, and without the option to train, it makes deciding on who to level up during real battles a pain :P

bionicle_lover
yeah, the exp micromanaging is kind of annoying in a way.