Fire Emblem: Awakening Demo Available on NA eShop

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

The Fire Emblem: Awakening demo is now available on the eShop. I'm downloading it now.

Immediately off the bat the game is really polished and the 3D effect is done quite well. There's a nice amount of field of depth and layering with the text dialogue. Also, the voice work in English is actually pretty good! The graphics look nice and the combat system is pretty good, especially pairing attacks. The demo has a 30 limit try and only has casual mode on it and not much customization of your avatar character. There's now also a first person mode that's pretty cool.

Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts
I'm going to try out this demo and try and figure it out if I preorder the game. Overall it looks really good but I'm not a strategy guy, so I'll give it a shot and see if its something I could enjoy.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
I thought it was a great demo. Balancing out experience points will be a hassle, though.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
I HATE Fire Emblem, but I'm happy for you guys, cause I assume Awakenig is kind of a big deal. :P
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#5 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

For whatever reason, I never seem to like demos so I'm not gonna bother w/ this one and just go straight for the pre-order... I will only cancel it if people wind up saying it's completely worthless.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I really enjoyed the demo.

Buying this game as soon as possible.

LJChronx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJChronx
Member since 2003 • 954 Posts

Will download after work today. Funny thing is I picked back up my copy of Age of Empires: Age of Kings (DS) the other day and got right back into it. Its a great game, but each level can take hours to complete so I put it down for a couple of years, but im right back into it. Ive never played a FE game, but it should be pretty similar to Age of Kings.

Sora278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sora278
Member since 2009 • 1496 Posts

The story seems to really have developed in this game. The other ones had a pretty shallow story to me, like less character development than non-main CO in Advance Wars.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I loved the demo. The game just felt smooth, polished, and was really fun. I'm looking forward to the 4th very much now.

emirblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 emirblade
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts

I just played the Demo. I'm glad I preordered the game.

esgallad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 esgallad
Member since 2012 • 99 Posts

I can't take Marth seriously with those sunglasses.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

The story seems to really have developed in this game. The other ones had a pretty shallow story to me, like less character development than non-main CO in Advance Wars.

Sora278
I thought the Sacred Stones had excellent character development(even if most of it was due to support conversations).
MrNuttyboh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MrNuttyboh
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

I havent like any of the previous Fire Emblem games but I actually enjoyed the demo very much. I might even buy this game when it comes out!

The Battle system was smooth and easy to pick up on and the visuals were very impressive.

Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Moloch121
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

Sora278
Good to hear.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#15 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
I'm so far behind in the series. I haven't even finished the first one.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 El_Zo1212o
Okay! Just finished the demo and I have to say- after the colossal misstep that was Shadow Dragon, this demo has me totally sold on Fire Emblem again. The only two complaints I have are so minor it's almost silly to mention them. But I will. In the conversation scenes, has anyone noticed that all the characters are peg-legged? None of them have feet. Not a one. And the archer isn't starry-eyed enough. At least L'Arachel looked as dippy as she sounded.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 El_Zo1212o
I'm so far behind in the series. I haven't even finished the first one.JustPlainLucas
Skip Fire Emblem and go right to Sacred Stones. Far and away a superior game.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]I'm so far behind in the series. I haven't even finished the first one.El_Zo1212o

Seriously? Sacred Stones was great but Fire Emblem is easily the better game.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 El_Zo1212o

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]I'm so far behind in the series. I haven't even finished the first one.PhazonBlazer

Seriously? Sacred Stones was great but Fire Emblem is easily the better game.

Totally disagree with you there, bro. Sacred Stones had better dialogue, better characters, and allowed me to keep on playing after I finished the story. Hell, with all the villains and misc characters to unlock, it gave me a reason to continue playing. Sure, you could grind your characters to level 20 and suck all the challenge out of it, but being able to grind out a level or three when you're having a tough time was a very welcome addition.
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

The Sacred Stones (for the record it's my first Fire Emblem game & so I will be very sentimental & protective of this game) is more surperior, it has better charaters development & after you beat the game, there's still plenty of content to unlock like monsters & hidden characters. But I wouldn't knock the first Fire Emblem that's released outside of Japan, it still had a splendid story, but you can't really use every character in the game in 1 play through though & there's not much to unlock. But everybody's opinion(s) will differ. But I would like a sequel for the first (U.S.) Fire Emblem game.

I've preorder Awakening & I'm really looking forward to it. I won't get the demo due to low memory on my card.

Sora278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sora278

[QUOTE="Sora278"]

El_Zo1212o

I thought the Sacred Stones had excellent character development(even if most of it was due to support conversations).

There has to be more in the main story to me no matter how much of an optional story development you can get because you just know how they react to that one person..

Sora278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sora278

About the demo, I loved Sully.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 El_Zo1212o

About the demo, I loved Sully.

Sora278
I liked the archer better, but I'm always a sucker for the ridiculous ones- Sain and Dozla have to be my top two.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i liked the demo and i have loved the fire emblem series its a shame that there is so many games coming out in the next few months or i'd have preordered the game.
usmfan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 usmfan84
Member since 2004 • 106 Posts

I hate the grunts and moans in the conversations. I wish they were either fully voiced or not. It gets aggrevating after awhile.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

I hate the grunts and moans in the conversations. I wish they were either fully voiced or not. It gets aggrevating after awhile.

usmfan84
You can disable them.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

LOVED the demo and can't wait, obviously. :P

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#28 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I don't plan on trying it when the release is so near. Got a lot of games to play anyway, no reason to spend time on demos of games I know I will like (and have paid off the preorder for).

Sora278
Most of the development for characters happened by getting their support conversations in FE 7, 8, and 9 (and base conversations in Nine), really hurt FE 10 and Shadow Dragon when they didn't have them (although 10 still had base conversations). I remember the plot of Fire Emblem 7 to be pretty terrible if you think about it, they even had a long break down of the plot on one of the FE fan sites talking about how bad it is.

From the years I was leading the Fire Emblem Union here I seem to remember the vast majority liking FE7 more, I enjoyed both though. Played about the same, had good characters through supports, liked the branching promotions, hated that you could grind for XP with the game as easy as it was already but I just ignored it. I think I prefer 4, 5, and 9 to the others.
King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
I wonder if it's worthy to find a copy of Radiant Dawn. So many mixed opinions about that game. Loved PoR though.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I wonder if it's worthy to find a copy of Radiant Dawn. So many mixed opinions about that game. Loved PoR though.King_Dodongo
Yes you should get it. While it's not the best game in the series, it's nowhere as bad as some of the negative reviews it received. It looks bad, but it's actually a great sequel to PoR and has some epic moments especially near the end.

Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Will47

Played the demo a few times now, I'm going to preorder the game when I'm out next.

I just saw this notice on Amazon yesterday: "Potential Shipping Delay Delivery of Fire Emblem: Awakening pre-orders may be affected by manufacturer shipping delays . Amazon apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause. "

I wonder if such problems will persist?

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

[QUOTE="King_Dodongo"]I wonder if it's worthy to find a copy of Radiant Dawn. So many mixed opinions about that game. Loved PoR though.Bigboi500

Yes you should get it. While it's not the best game in the series, it's nowhere as bad as some of the negative reviews it received. It looks bad, but it's actually a great sequel to PoR and has some epic moments especially near the end.

Thnx, I'll begin the search.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
got to play a bit on my friend's 3DS. it's fire emblem alright. except with zombies. i like the revamped support system. game's pretty i guess, but damn it needs some smoothing on those jaggies.
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#34 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
So hyped now. I loved the demo :D Having my unit in battle is pretty sweet.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

usmfan84
Same. I would of also liked to see the video art style over the in-game. It's 2013 and they still can't fully voice an RPG...
Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Moloch121
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts
You can turn off the grunts and moans. I assume voice acting is a space issue.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 El_Zo1212o
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]got to play a bit on my friend's 3DS. it's fire emblem alright. except with zombies. i like the revamped support system. game's pretty i guess, but damn it needs some smoothing on those jaggies.

Sacred Stones had zombies. I also like the new support system- the visual confirmation that you're making support progress is a huge plus for me- but I don't like the new pre-battle summary. Being able to see the individual potential specs like damage, hit chance, and critical chance was much more useful when deciding whether or not to proceed than a projected outcome.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 El_Zo1212o

Skip Fire Emblem and go right to Sacred Stones. Far and away a superior game.Legolas_Katarn

From the years I was leading the Fire Emblem Union here I seem to remember the vast majority liking FE7 more, I enjoyed both though. Played about the same, had good characters through supports, liked the branching promotions, hated that you could grind for XP with the game as easy as it was already but I just ignored it. I think I prefer 4, 5, and 9 to the others.

This is baffling to me. FE(GBA) was good, but I loved Sacred Stones to pieces. Just the announcement that it was one of the GBA ambassador games made that extra 80 bucks worth it.
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts
What?? Awesome!
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
Great demo, but the constant grunt and half done voice acting for the dialogs got annoying fast. If they plan on doing that, they could have fully voice out each dialog instead of saying pieces of it...
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
I don't like the new pre-battle summary. Being able to see the individual potential specs like damage, hit chance, and critical chance was much more useful when deciding whether or not to proceed than a projected outcome.El_Zo1212o
i recall that this simple mode was an option in previous games. you can probably revert to the default one if you want.
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#42 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

i hate how they pronounce chrom either krom or chrome just pick one VAs (psst go with krom, its hotter)

but wooooowowow i was always psyched for this game but its really good from the demo. and the special edition 3DS is beau. aah~! hopefully the game gets the series a fanbase so i can actually buy more stuff from my favorite series.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 El_Zo1212o
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] I don't like the new pre-battle summary. Being able to see the individual potential specs like damage, hit chance, and critical chance was much more useful when deciding whether or not to proceed than a projected outcome.BrunoBRS
i recall that this simple mode was an option in previous games. you can probably revert to the default one if you want.

I sure hope so.
Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] I don't like the new pre-battle summary. Being able to see the individual potential specs like damage, hit chance, and critical chance was much more useful when deciding whether or not to proceed than a projected outcome.El_Zo1212o

I sure hope so.

Not much of a fan of the simplified interace myself. It can be rather misleading when you've got a 100% chance to hit, will OHKO, and will attack twice for extra measure if they aren't dead, yet the game says you'll still take damage from fighting. >.> It's also...large, making me look all over the place for information. Not sure why they put that in. Perhaps for people who can't calculate damage quickly?

Thankfully, you can change it via the touch-screen. Just hit the button that says "FULL". :p

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

If there's another minor issue I have with this game is the battle animation/dialog graphics. Sort of wish they stayed with the Radiant Dawn/Path of Radiance style animation. Not a fan of the Final Fantasy crystal chronicles-esque style of character design. Its not a huge issue but it did bother me when I first started the demo...

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#46 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

No need to even play the demo. Every Fire Emblem has been fantastic, even the 'meh' ones, like Shadow Dragon. Theyre all good games, and I will be picking mine up day 1.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#47 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

One of the reasons I got the 3DS yesterday but also to catch up to some DS games and anticipating the new X and Y Pokemon.

Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Will47
Seems like Gamestop cut off preorders today, the girl there said they are worried about being able to fill all orders already in. Amazon has a related notice on their preorder page. I guess they didn't make enough copies, at least not in for the first shipment :P
Avatar image for marioandlinkfan
marioandlinkfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 marioandlinkfan
Member since 2006 • 223 Posts

If there's another minor issue I have with this game is the battle animation/dialog graphics. Sort of wish they stayed with the Radiant Dawn/Path of Radiance style animation. Not a fan of the Final Fantasy crystal chronicles-esque style of character design. Its not a huge issue but it did bother me when I first started the demo...

tocool340
Agreed. I also don't like the characters on the in game map either. If they were gonna go 2d I'd prefer the shadow dragon type models, but nevertheless I'll still enjoy this game.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 El_Zo1212o
Seems like Gamestop cut off preorders today, the girl there said they are worried about being able to fill all orders already in. Amazon has a related notice on their preorder page. I guess they didn't make enough copies, at least not in for the first shipment :PWill47
Good thing I decided to buy it off of the eShop.