Fire Emblem: Awakening , already got my copy !!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jaypakavelya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jaypakavelya
Member since 2007 • 270 Posts

I called my Ebgames today asking if it was too late to pre-order Fire Emblem Awakening and the guy said you don't need to preorder 

we already got some copies to sell !! I said for real ?!! I told him the release date was only next monday and he said that Nintendo gave them permission

to sell them before the street date so I asked him to reserve a copy for me , when I arrived there to pick it , the same guy told me that I was pretty lucky

to have it because he received a email from Nintendo after my call saying to no sell them finally ,to respect the street date that the permission was a  mistake

So I have it !!! 4 days before the official release , I am pretty happy , I can play it this weekend , it will be awesome !

Somebody else like me got his copy today ????

*sorry for my average english,I try my best *

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Haz (moderator type guy around here) got his last week

jaypakavelya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jaypakavelya
Member since 2007 • 270 Posts

Jaysonguy
for real !! I am impressed , how did he managed to get it soon like that ?
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I should try the demo.  After reading IGN's review and seeing all the good scores, I may very well buy this game :).

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
How is the game? I'm a big fan of Advance Wars...
HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

The EB closet to me (where I pre-ordered) caught wind that other stores and themselves were selling it before the street date. They're going to honour everyones pre-order who did so in advance... or so they say. Lets hope they actually have copies left or they'll probably get an ear full from angry customers who pre-ordered months in advance anticipating low stock volumes. Not that I would be surprised, but I'll stop by close to opening on the 4th just to be safe. 

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#7 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
How is the game? I'm a big fan of Advance Wars...Heirren
They are both strategy games but Fire Emblem isn't like Advanced Wars, you could very easily like one and not the other. Try the demo that is out for Fire Emblem.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

jaypakavelya

for real !! I am impressed , how did he managed to get it soon like that ?

Store (I think EB Games or Gamestop, whatever it's called there) broke the street date.

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

Technically, that's a no-no but I'm happy for you, hope you enjoy the game.

Avatar image for Lebowski__basic
Lebowski__basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lebowski__basic
Member since 2003 • 1252 Posts
For some reason it didn't have a street date and some EB/GameStop's are receiving them as early as today. I hope my GS gets it today.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
[QUOTE="Heirren"]How is the game? I'm a big fan of Advance Wars...Legolas_Katarn
They are both strategy games but Fire Emblem isn't like Advanced Wars, you could very easily like one and not the other. Try the demo that is out for Fire Emblem.

They're very similar seeing as they are made by the same devs. Advances wars is a little less complicated and is basically the futuristic equivalent to Fire Emblem. http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Advance_Wars The link will tell you the differences in gameplay, so you can compare the two series.
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#12 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"][QUOTE="Heirren"]How is the game? I'm a big fan of Advance Wars...Minishdriveby

They're very similar seeing as they are made by the same devs. Advances wars is a little less complicated and is basically the futuristic equivalent to Fire Emblem. http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Advance_Wars The link will tell you the differences in gameplay, so you can compare the two series.

I think most people who like one game or the other, will like both. Fire Emblem is more of an RPG where for each battle, the characters you start out w/ are the ones you get for that battle. You can level them up if you like and they can also die permenantly. Advance Wars is more of a straight-up turn based strategy game where you build a base and can produce your own units as you chose (on most levels). I am more of a Fire Emblem guy myself and am super jealous of the topic creator.

Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts
The Gamestop near me stopped taking preorders weeks ago. They don't expect to have any other sell-able copies for a little while :|. Guess I waited to long.
Avatar image for TheBlackKnight3
TheBlackKnight3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 TheBlackKnight3
Member since 2008 • 1586 Posts

First of all, I went to two Gamestops to secure a pre-order for a friend. I had mine since when the game was first announced, being a big fan of the series. At one, the clerk said that they was a close on all pre-orders iin California. A few days later I was dropping by for Anarchy Reigns and I just figured I could ask since I was there anyways. He said there was a company-wide close on all pre-orders of the game.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
I went down to my local Gamestop earlier today to pay up on a couple of my preorders. I looked at the preorder book and found out that FE:A had an art book as a preorder gift. I tried to set one up and it turned out that because EB in Canada broke street date, they stopped taking preorders and would only hand out the art books to those who had preordered in time. At least, that's the story I got. I blame Canada.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#16 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
My Gamestop said that the game is getting released on the 8th when I called them yesterday.