finally a decent ninja turtles game for 3DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

we had nickolodean ninja turtles in 2013...for wii/3DS/360

then we had ninja turtles the movie(based on the movie) in 2014 exclusively for 3DS

those 2 games looked horrible to me...the nick one is a horrible turtles in time arcade remake...and the movie one is a diablo 3 dungeon crawler...

however...just released is ninja turtles: danger of the ooze....the graphics look great for a 3ds game...much better than the other 2. the gameplay is more to my style as well. NES remake i think.

i think im going to pick it up. the ps3 version looks worse believe it or not...

does this look like a decent turtles game to you or does one of the other 2 suit you better?

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

Just get tmnt 2 the arcade game and turtles in time on the vc, and they can just call it a day.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I actually really enjoy the Nickelodeon Ninja Turtles series. They have a bunch of good Nostalgia in it and it's hilarious.

The game doesn't look that bad from the video but I think they should have worked on the fighting engine a little bit more. It seems stiff. The music is fitting though. I like the original style side scrolling of this as well. I think with a bigger budget or more time spent on development, this game could be pretty good.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

I'm guessing it will be about as mediocre as other newly released Turtles games, despite having better graphics. I'd stay away. At least wait for the inevitable horrible reviews.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

It looks like fun. Between this and Sonic Boom on 3DS its looking better on the handheld.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

I actually think the new TMNT game on 3DS is a Metroid-Vania style game according to an article I read on gonintendo. I'm not too sure about the details really but I always thought TMNT should go metroid-vania.

I always thought it would be cool to be in the Technodrome and basically have that be your map. There could be boss battles, power ups, etc. It could be so cool.

I actually liked the TMNT game in GBA. I think I had Battle Nexus 2 or something, it was actually fun.

@Randolph said:

Just get tmnt 2 the arcade game and turtles in time on the vc, and they can just call it a day.

Those games were my childhood!! I actually really liked the first NES one too. I never beat it but I got REALLY close.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

@roboccs said:
@Randolph said:

Those games were my childhood!! I actually really liked the first NES one too. I never beat it but I got REALLY close.

You mean the one with ultra-annoying movement, a rage-inducing underwater level and a made by satan-difficulty? Yeah, for some odd reason I liked that game too. :P I don't think I ever made it past the level after the water one, though. And I think the water level was the 2nd level in the game..

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

The SNES TMNT fighting game I thought was pretty good, it was better than the Megadrive version. :P

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

@Litchie said:

@roboccs said:
@Randolph said:

You mean the one with ultra-annoying movement, a rage-inducing underwater level and a made by satan-difficulty? Yeah, for some odd reason I liked that game too. :P I don't think I ever made it past the level after the water one, though. And I think the water level was the 2nd level in the game..

LOL! That's the exact one. It's a lot easier when you're a kid to look past that stuff because you have time on your hands to play it over and over and over again until you figure it out. I remember the water level became really easy, level 3 had a certain order to it where you could bypass a lot of it and there was a section where you could quickly and easily keep going back into a sewer or building recharge health.

To be a kid again...