Fatal Frame Wii U Exclusive!!! Famitsu Revealed

#1 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1367 posts) -

http://nintendoeverything.com/new-fatal-frame-revealed-for-wii-u/

Well isn't this a big shocker. And a pleasant one at that. Bravo Nintendo, will the cause a repeat of the Bayonetta 2 reaction? Possibly...

#2 Posted by Devil-Itachi (4377 posts) -

Certainly no Bayonetta 2 reaction. Fatal Frame series already went to Nintendo systems with the Wii, it just never left japan. Hopefully it makes it to the states and pal regions this time.

#3 Posted by superbuuman (2903 posts) -

Yea need to release it outside of Japan. :p

#4 Posted by Jaysonguy (37690 posts) -

Considering that the last game killed off most of the fans I wonder how the reception is for this.

#5 Posted by thisSonicBoom (33 posts) -

I would buy that, but I'm in America :(

#6 Posted by TTUalumni13 (499 posts) -

Last game wasn't very good, doubt this will make it to the US..

#7 Edited by KBFloYd (13831 posts) -

another horror game?

i still have zombiU sealed lol

anyway...looks more interesting to me...i hate zombie games

#8 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1367 posts) -

@KBFloYd:

This is about ghosts not Zombies though.

#9 Posted by nini200 (9827 posts) -

No hand holding lock on and no ghost location snitch bar and I'd be pretty excited for this game but I just have a feeling that they will include the hand holding make the game too easy features.

Hopefully they'll show some gameplay at e3.

#10 Posted by Pierst179 (10803 posts) -

Now the question is whether or not it will come to NA.

#11 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2604 posts) -

It seems like everytime the Fatal Frame series gets brought, I find very few people know Nintendo purchased the rights to this series years ago. Now, we just need a Pokemon Snap game.

#12 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4771 posts) -

It's pretty hard to get excited for this. The last game was underwhelming and who knows when this one will be localized. :c

#13 Posted by superbuuman (2903 posts) -

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

It's pretty hard to get excited for this. The last game was underwhelming and who knows when this one will be localized. :c

which was the last game?...the one not release outside of Japan or Crimson Butterfly Wii - release in EU/AU?

#14 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4771 posts) -

@superbuuman said:

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

which was the last game?...the one not release outside of Japan or Crimson Butterfly Wii - release in EU/AU?

Fatal Frame 4 - the one not released outside of Japan.

I'm not sure what were changed in the Crimson Butterfly remake, but I assume it's just as good as the original. Fatal Frame 4, however, was very easy. Honestly, the gameplay and the lack of challenge compared to its previous installments were the most disappointing parts of the game.

#15 Posted by superbuuman (2903 posts) -

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

@superbuuman said:

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

Fatal Frame 4 - the one not released outside of Japan.

I'm not sure what were changed in the Crimson Butterfly remake, but I assume it's just as good as the original. Fatal Frame 4, however, was very easy. Honestly, the gameplay and the lack of challenge compared to its previous installments were the most disappointing parts of the game.

Ah ok, thanks...unsure which ones you guys were referring to...yea I enjoy Crimson Butterfly on Wii. :)

#16 Edited by yixingtpot (1405 posts) -

HELL YES, this is great news since I own them all aside from the 3DS? game I never bothered with. I hope they can utilize the gamepad as a type of camera obscura like I dreamed about. This is great news, I can't wait for more details.

#17 Posted by Serbine (10934 posts) -

I still haven't played a game in this serie before, was willing to get Fatal Frame 4 if it was release here in the US but wasn't, so hopefully I get the chance with this new Fatal Frame game.

Another thing as someone mention on GoNintendo, would make sense for Nintendo to release it worldwide seeing as there not much upcoming Wii U titles *as of now*.

#18 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16792 posts) -

I've always wanted to get into the Fatal Frame games. They look really creepy and I love survival horror.

#19 Posted by yixingtpot (1405 posts) -

I'm on my PS4 there's nothing I'm interested in buying so Fatal Frame Wii U is my new top desired game until they reveal RE7 or Uncharted4

#20 Posted by Bardock47 (5316 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

another horror game?

i still have zombiU sealed lol

anyway...looks more interesting to me...i hate zombie games

Should give it a spin, I really enjoyed it. Has its issues, but not as bad as the media portrays. The worse thing I can say about it off the top of my head is the reliance on melee combat, needed a bit more fine tuning with giving out ammo. Very tense though.

#21 Posted by carloscanalesv (106 posts) -

I always wanted to play a Fatal Frame game but for whatever reason I never could. Now that I have a WiiU, it's the perfect chance for me to do so. I just hope that it will be the best FF game ever! ;)