FAST Racing Neo: First Image

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Shin'en has provided the first image for their Wii U exclusive racing game. Prior articles have mentioned their challenges getting the game to run at a solid 60fps while maintaining the level of detail desired - without actually showing us what they were aiming for. More images are supposed to be released next week, and I'll update when they come in.

Source

Looking good!

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Holy shit that looks great :O That stage reminds me of Xenoblade X... and it's going to be a buttery 60fps :D

I knew Shinen could do it, I can't wait for this game.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I'm waiting for gameplay and more info on content and online.

I jumped the gun on the last one due to the hype it generated (from everyone even here gawking at the visuals), played it for about 2 weeks due to lack of content, replayability faded fast and no online play.

If they can confirm a good multiplayer, a functional online play, more than 6 ships, a better control setup and a somewhat decent amount of content, then I'll jump otherwise, they can keep it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@nini200: I never found the original game to be visually impressive. Maybe for a wii ware game, but next to retail wii games it was pretty far behind. I found jett rocket on wii ware to be more impressive, the water in that game for the wii was nothing short of wizardry. But still those games were just meant to be short tech demo's.

Shinen has meant for Fast neo to be a much more feature rich, complete game than FRL, now that they don't have a ridiculous 40mb limit (wii ware's limit) and people expect so much more than the first game.. FRN is over 1 gb. Expect a far better game all around. I've even tweeted Shinen multiple times asking them about gameplay features, or did they change this or that, and their answers never disappoint :)

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nini200

@Chozofication said:

@nini200: I never found the original game to be visually impressive. Maybe for a wii ware game, but next to retail wii games it was pretty far behind. I found jett rocket on wii ware to be more impressive, the water in that game for the wii was nothing short of wizardry. But still those games were just meant to be short tech demo's.

Shinen has meant for Fast neo to be a much more feature rich, complete game than FRL, now that they don't have a ridiculous 40mb limit (wii ware's limit) and people expect so much more than the first game.. FRN is over 1 gb. Expect a far better game all around. I've even tweeted Shinen multiple times asking them about gameplay features, or did they change this or that, and their answers never disappoint :)

People on this very forum and site were going bananas over the visuals on Fast racing yep even though it's a WiiWare game which is probably the reason. Exhibit A

We shall see. I will wait to make my purchase this time around. Hopefully it is rich with content this time.

Yeah I agree Jett Rocket was more visually impressive than Fast Racing League.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

looks very very nice...60fps too....willl be sweet

but i heard shinen wants to branch out to the ps4 too...im a little sad about that. but oh well.

ZombeGoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ZombeGoast
Member since 2010 • 437 Posts

That is an insane amount of detail in the environment a racing game at 60fps. Usually they would just focus on the cars on the tracks, lighting and weather.Slightly Mad better keep their word after what they said earlier this month.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#8  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@Chozofication said:

That stage reminds me of Xenoblade X

I was trying to put my finger on what it reminded me of. And, yep, it's definitely Xenoblade X. I hope they have the content to back up such beautiful visuals.

It makes me wonder what Sega could do if given another shot with the F-Zero series. GX on Gamecube is amazing and the graphics still look good.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nini200

@KBFloYd said:

looks very very nice...60fps too....willl be sweet

but i heard shinen wants to branch out to the ps4 too...im a little sad about that. but oh well.

Unfortunately if that's true, I can see Shin'en joining the list of 3rd Party Devs that will leave the WiiU eventually.

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@Chozofication said:

That stage reminds me of Xenoblade X

I was trying to put my finger on what it reminded me of. And, yep, it's definitely Xenoblade X. I hope they have the content to back up such beautiful visuals.

It makes me wonder what Sega could do if given another shot with the F-Zero series. GX on Gamecube is amazing and the graphics still look good.

I wouldn't mind Sega doing another FZero, as long as Nintendo handles the music. The Music of FZero X >>> Fzero GX