Everyone Votes Channel - Adding to the Community

This topic is locked from further discussion.

88Ghost89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 88Ghost89
Member since 2004 • 1618 Posts

Most people seemed to have looked at this as sort of a 'lame' channel. To me it was amazing. After I finally got it to work and started voting I felt something. This seems like a start of a more Wii community. Every other channel that uses online didn't have any interaction. Yeah...News, Weather, Internet was online, but you were alone. Even sending messages felt isolated. It wasn't like msn or a forum, it was kinda slow. If anyone knows Xbox Live, you get a pop up when you receive a message, in-game. I know about the blue light, but I want a pop up when I'm playing games.

If you check the 'operations guide' in the Everyone Votes Channel, you will notice under one of the section they talk about poll results. One of the pictures showed a bunch of Mii's in a giant circle, representing what they voted for. These Mii's are the Mii's of other people within your area. That is only on national polls. In Worldwide they have it sorted my countries. Tomorow one of the polls will end and I will check it out, and it would be cool to see other people's Mii in the pie chart.

Your probly thinking this is weird, but I just felt connected. Yeah the Wii is online, but the online games aren't here yet, and it's not like there is any Chat Channel. I sent Nintendo a survey suggestion which wasn't really a survey it was me asking them to put a gamer's poll section. That too felt neat, felt cool that Nintendo would look at our suggestions. If enough people ask questions instead of giving them a survey they will totally create a 'Contact Us' Channel or something...

Anyway, that's me. This new channel is very cool, if it is updated everyday it will be another reason to turn on my Wii everyday.

I'm tired, so I'm going to sleep.

reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts
Haven't seen it yet...I didn't even know it was available for download...
aBathingApe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 aBathingApe_
Member since 2007 • 264 Posts
That sounds awesome, I want to update my Wii now. haha. But I too am tired, and am going to bed. Tomorrow is another day :)
Foolio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Foolio1
Member since 2003 • 7467 Posts
I just got a message about this new channel on my Wii.  I was like: "Everybody Votes?  What the (fill in explicit here) is that?"  I'm downloading right now.
soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 soulfood4
Member since 2005 • 5459 Posts
I just woke up to the glowing light, and i voted, its actually pretty cool
killerkop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 killerkop
Member since 2004 • 2187 Posts
arg, im having trouble with my Wifi USB, arg arg  arg
Psy236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Psy236
Member since 2006 • 973 Posts
I just came in to my room about an hour ago and saw the blue light. so I went into my message board and my wifi was lagging, so like usual, to speed it up I went to the update thing to do the "test connection" thing and figured it would start an update and then pop up the message that I'm already up to date, but then it actually started updating. I was wondering "What could this be?" and thinking that they need to start messaging every time there's an update to tell us what was updated. then when it was done, I went to my message board and saw the notice. I was like "What the heck?" so I finished reading and went to DL the thing. I was actually excited, even tho I didn't realy know waht it was, but I was excited because I was actually gettin something new on my Wii (ain't getting another game for a couple weeks) and also I saw the pic of all the Miis standing there so I thought that would be cool. I got it DLed and tried it out. It's actually pretty cool, the only thing needed is more questions (instead of just 3 at a time), more choices, and the ability to see the current results of a poll after u voted instead of only being able to see the results after it's completely done. As long as they add at least those first 2 options, I think it'll be REALLY cool.
readymix347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 readymix347
Member since 2005 • 33 Posts
yeah, I dont know about this channel yet. It's a nice idea, just glad nintendo is starting to use the Wii in some interesting ways. Hopefully they have other ideas like this in the near future. Cant wait till the polls close to see which is more popular....dogs or cats.

I went with dogs...
Psy236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Psy236
yeah, I dont know about this channel yet. It's a nice idea, just glad nintendo is starting to use the Wii in some interesting ways. Hopefully they have other ideas like this in the near future. Cant wait till the polls close to see which is more popular....dogs or cats.

I went with dogs...
readymix347
I voted cats but picked dogs to be the most popular
readymix347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 readymix347
Member since 2005 • 33 Posts
[QUOTE="readymix347"]yeah, I dont know about this channel yet. It's a nice idea, just glad nintendo is starting to use the Wii in some interesting ways. Hopefully they have other ideas like this in the near future. Cant wait till the polls close to see which is more popular....dogs or cats.

I went with dogs...
Psy236
I voted cats but picked dogs to be the most popular

actually, I predicted that cats would win.
so many people love those damn things.
killerkop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 killerkop
im really happy with this.  Maybe its just cuz we didnt know it was coming, but like december they released a new channel, then in january, and now in feb.  Will this continue?  I think its great, even if all the channels aren't AAA material, its spreading out the "abilities" of the Wii, and broadens it's appeal.

someone needs to submit a poll idea that says "Is Nintendo Kiddy?" Yes or No.
and "Do Graphics Matter?"  Yes or No.
rotf
lets end this once and for all!
redoctane2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 redoctane2001
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Is this only for a certain region because I just updated and didn't get the new channel
killerkop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 killerkop
you update to prepare the system to handle it, then you have to goto wii shopping like you did for the internet channel.
Psy236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Psy236
Is this only for a certain region because I just updated and didn't get the new channelredoctane2001
you have to go into the Wii Shop and DL the channel like u did for the opera browse
slgnbenchwarmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 slgnbenchwarmr
Member since 2007 • 615 Posts
I love the idea, for the short term for Nintendo's fans. This fad will grow old soon, but it is a very interesting concept and a sign of many more interesting channels to come.

I, personally, find flowers to be a better choice on Valentine's day.

I also said dogs are better but cats will probably win on the popular vote.

I also created my own question, but I also know this one will be created by many other users:

Which came first: the chicken or the egg?
amtentori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 amtentori
Member since 2003 • 1911 Posts
lets hope nintendo uses this for customer feedback..

someone should submit... do you like friendo codes?
Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
Today I finally switched my Wii on again after it lit up blue. I hadn't played on it because I'm waiting on SSX Blur and playing World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade atm. Had a good look in the channel and I must say I was very surprised at how fun and interactive it was. Seriously Nintendo, good job! :D Voted on two polls already, left the third one behind 'coz I don't like eggs > AT ALL! :P
Kojo222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kojo222
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts
Does anyone think Nintendo will use this channel for important questions? It''s the PERFECT medium for customer feedback; whether we liked a game, whether a game idea is popular, possible new channels, basic performance... Endless possibilities for us. Let's hope some of their questions go beyond cats and dogs.