This topic is locked from further discussion.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

Just started playing and not past the first town but I already feel that this game is no where near as good as the snes FF games. Am I judging it way too early? Early on in FF snes games it feels like your in for something special.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#2 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I've heard that the main reason Earthbound is so popular is for the story and humor, not the gameplay. i've actually heard that the gameplay is kinda meh, honestly. I wouldn't know, though; I have yet to play it. I suppose I should get on that.

nep321a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 nep321a
Member since 2013 • 75 Posts

EarthBound feels both like a masterpiece and a generic game at the same time. I played the entire game myself (back in 2000) and LOVED it. I would give it a 10. Unlike 99% of other RPG's, EarthBound takes place in modern times, and you control a boy who uses ATM machines, walks through towns and cities with modern buildings and cars, etc. The colorful visuals are very charming, too. And I love the soundtrack....it's unbelievable and original. The battle system is great, too. It's a very humorous game.

I would love to see a 3D modern EarthBound game, but I know it will never happen.

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

I think you are judging the game too quickly, just give the game some more time and hopefully you'll enjoy it a little more. I kind of felt the same when I first started playing the game too.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

The gameplay isnt very good. The game shines in the story, humour and music departments. It paints a rosy image of the 90s which I find very appealing.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

Okay but so far the audio and music doesnt sound good to me either, very simple and blah compared to FF or some of the other great snes rpg's.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#7 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

The gameplay is pretty basic, one could even call it outdated. But everything else about the game is stellar.