DS games you want a 3DS enhanced remake of.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Are there any DS games you'd like them to remake for the 3DS?(I KNOW,not the best thread ever,but the DS has a rich library,so there maybe games on it that could work better as 3DS games)

#2 Posted by ButaDujo (331 posts) -

I would love to see a revamped Harvest Moon 64, but I know that might not happen since they have 'The Tale of two Towns' and 'A new beginning'.

I wouldnt mind if they ported over 'Hero of Leaf Valley' from PSP..because honestly, who actually plays PSP anymore? (Granted I loved Chains of Olympus and Valkeryie Profile, but 3 games arent enough for me to buy a new system).

Besides that, it seems all the games I could want are being ported over: Shantae, Luigi's Mansion, Links Awakening, Star Fox 64..too many to list :)

With the new Animal Crossing (oh god yes) and the long awaited 'Fantasy Life'...I think the 3ds has everything I need: backwards compatibility, a virtual console..the damn thing is near perfect.

Although Im sure a new title will pop up that I feel would absolutely need to be made 3ds worthy.;)

#3 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

I would love to see a revamped Harvest Moon 64, but I know that might not happen since they have 'The Tale of two Towns' and 'A new beginning'.

I wouldnt mind if they ported over 'Hero of Leaf Valley' from PSP..because honestly, who actually plays PSP anymore? (Granted I loved Chains of Olympus and Valkeryie Profile, but 3 games arent enough for me to buy a new system).

Besides that, it seems all the games I could want are being ported over: Shantae, Luigi's Mansion, Links Awakening, Star Fox 64..too many to list :)

With the new Animal Crossing (oh god yes) and the long awaited 'Fantasy Life'...I think the 3ds has everything I need: backwards compatibility, a virtual console..the damn thing is near perfect.

Although Im sure a new title will pop up that I feel would absolutely need to be made 3ds worthy.;)

ButaDujo

I said DS games...............

>_>

Read.

#4 Posted by scoots9 (3191 posts) -

Okamiden. It came out right before the 3DS and while it was pretty damn impressive for a DS game, it could have been much better with the power and analog controls of the 3DS.

#5 Posted by gettingpatches (210 posts) -

Okamiden. It came out right before the 3DS and while it was pretty damn impressive for a DS game, it could have been much better with the power and analog controls of the 3DS.

scoots9

See I was all ready to enter this thread and shout stuff about no more ports but this is an AMAZING idea. 3ds could give it a nice graphical boost and throw in some modern shaders. Plus the analog stick would work better than a d-pad. That said I've still got the ds game sitting around so I should probably play that first :P

#6 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

#7 Posted by spike6958 (4686 posts) -
Nothing. Why would I want to pay full price again for games I already own and can already play on my 3DS anyway? I suppose if they did more than just tack on 3D, like improve the overall graphics and controls, and add additional content not originally available on the DS version, then maybe, but most devs wouldn't do that, so as it is I see no reason to just release DS games in 3D. I mean it's not like with HD remakes where the original game can't actually be played on newer systems (and those that can are usually buggy), DS games run fine on 3DS, and 3D would add nothing to a game that wasn't designed originally with it in mind.
#8 Posted by osan0 (12602 posts) -
infinite space. fix it, upgrade it, build on it. a massive missed opportunity on the DS. I would love to see someone take a second crack at it though as the potential in the DS game was amazing.
#9 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

Pixel-Perfect

hellz no. And possibly put off R&S remakes or even better a new region? Forget that!

as for a remake I wouldn't mind? super mario 64 DS. The analog just is so much better.

#10 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Jonwh18

hellz no. And possibly put off R&S remakes or even better a new region? Forget that!

Oh, I must have skipped over the part in the OP that said it had to be realistic. Xat-chew.gif

#11 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Pixel-Perfect

Oh, I must have skipped over the part in the OP that said it had to be realistic. Xat-chew.gif

Lol touche'

#12 Posted by ButaDujo (331 posts) -

[QUOTE="ButaDujo"]

GreekGameManiac

I said DS games...............

>_>

Read.

:twisted:

#13 Posted by HowlingLotus (389 posts) -

I wouldn't suggest that many to be remade, but it would be nice to see them touch up and bundle games together. I know the handheld market isn't one to go this route (so spoiled in this sense on PC), but people will pay a reasonable price to get a bundle deal.

If anything I would like to see sequels to DS games (such as TWEWY) and see GBA and GB games remade for the 3DS.

Link's Awakening DX/Oracle Of Ages/Oracle Of Seasons Bundle.... MAKE IT HAPPEN NINTENDO

#14 Posted by ArchoNils2 (6154 posts) -

Suikoden: Tierkreis. Whenever I play it, even though it's great, I felt that it just needs a stronger system to blow me away

#15 Posted by tocool340 (20473 posts) -

Only game I can think of is Metroid Prime Hunters. Or perhaps a sequel to it...

Perhaps then they won't have any excuse to recycle the same boss over and over again...

#16 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4676 posts) -

scoots9

This. ^

#17 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

Only game I can think of is Metroid Prime Hunters. Or perhaps a sequel to it...

Perhaps then they won't have any excuse to recycle the same boss over and over again...

tocool340

If they continue with the amazing mutliplayer then **** yes :D

#18 Posted by darkspineslayer (19493 posts) -
I'm not really interested in any remakes of DS games. Too recent. Most of the GBA library is about 8-10 years old now, and many of those would be worth a look, such as the Megaman games.
#19 Posted by BigBen11111 (1528 posts) -

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days & re:Coded

#20 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22111 posts) -

ninja gaiden dragon sword. of course i havent play the game. but i love me some ninja gaiden

#21 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6006 posts) -

ninja gaiden dragon sword. of course i havent play the game. but i love me some ninja gaiden

TheShadowLord07
It was pretty awesome. Mario 64 DS would be obvious. If I could pick any DS games and have them be enhanced in every way for a rerelease on 3DS, I'd choose Glory Days 2 and Lord of the Rings: Conquest.
#22 Posted by Litchie (16217 posts) -
Picross 3D. One of the best puzzle games I've ever played. Would be nice to have real 3D for it.
#23 Posted by Lebowski__basic (1252 posts) -
Maybe not an enhanced version but at least a new Advance Wars.
#24 Posted by Justinps2hero (2161 posts) -
Bomberman.......theres always room for another bomberman!
#25 Posted by Will47 (6826 posts) -
I really loved Trauma Center, those games were so good. I wouldn't mind seeing another game in the line of TWEWY.
#26 Posted by simomate (1859 posts) -

Are there any DS games you'd like them to remake for the 3DS?(I KNOW,not the best thread ever,but the DS has a rich library,so there maybe games on it that could work better as 3DS games)

GreekGameManiac
What's with you in remake/re ports? :/ None. The DS was just last generation. The only thing I'd care for is collections maybe.
#27 Posted by gotdangit (8149 posts) -

I wouldn't suggest that many to be remade, but it would be nice to see them touch up and bundle games together. I know the handheld market isn't one to go this route (so spoiled in this sense on PC), but people will pay a reasonable price to get a bundle deal.

If anything I would like to see sequels to DS games (such as TWEWY) and see GBA and GB games remade for the 3DS.

Link's Awakening DX/Oracle Of Ages/Oracle Of Seasons Bundle.... MAKE IT HAPPEN NINTENDO

Oh God, I would buy a 3ds in a heartbeat if those games came out. I need that!!!!

HowlingLotus

#28 Posted by HowlingLotus (389 posts) -

Oh God, I would buy a 3ds in a heartbeat if those games came out. I need that!!!!gotdangit

I have a 3DS already, but I'm glad to see I'm not alone in remaking the older Zelda games. I've visited Link's Awakening DX on the eShop countless times, but everytime I say no and exit.... in hopes of a remake:cry:

I-know-that-feel-bro-tights-620x620.jpg

#29 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16610 posts) -

Nah, I'm more or less content with how most of the DS games are on Wii. That being said, I think Solatorobo could look more gorgeous than it already does on 3DS.

#30 Posted by Ghost120x (3708 posts) -
Chrono trigger having a from the ground up polygon design as well as an extra mode to play the classic sprite game.
#31 Posted by gotdangit (8149 posts) -

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]Oh God, I would buy a 3ds in a heartbeat if those games came out. I need that!!!!HowlingLotus

I have a 3DS already, but I'm glad to see I'm not alone in remaking the older Zelda games. I've visited Link's Awakening DX on the eShop countless times, but everytime I say no and exit.... in hopes of a remake:cry:

Yea dude, I haven't played DX in so long, and i think I've lost my seasons and ages. I always played Ages and my bro with Seasons. Those games were the best games for GBC hands down. So much went into them. Plus the after adventure going to the other world thing. I never got it to work, but I would hope if they remade them you'd still be able to do that.

#32 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Chrono trigger having a from the ground up polygon design as well as an extra mode to play the classic sprite game.Ghost120x

CHRONO TRIGGER!!! yeeees!

#33 Posted by thetravman (3511 posts) -

I would like to see the Dementium games on the 3DS, games that have stellar atmospheres that could be enhanced by the 3DS's graphical capabilities.

#34 Posted by Dumblewis (11 posts) -
Call of duty core advance wars and metroid prime hunters