DS games you want a 3DS enhanced remake of.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Are there any DS games you'd like them to remake for the 3DS?(I KNOW,not the best thread ever,but the DS has a rich library,so there maybe games on it that could work better as 3DS games)

ButaDujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ButaDujo
Member since 2009 • 330 Posts

I would love to see a revamped Harvest Moon 64, but I know that might not happen since they have 'The Tale of two Towns' and 'A new beginning'.

I wouldnt mind if they ported over 'Hero of Leaf Valley' from PSP..because honestly, who actually plays PSP anymore? (Granted I loved Chains of Olympus and Valkeryie Profile, but 3 games arent enough for me to buy a new system).

Besides that, it seems all the games I could want are being ported over: Shantae, Luigi's Mansion, Links Awakening, Star Fox 64..too many to list :)

With the new Animal Crossing (oh god yes) and the long awaited 'Fantasy Life'...I think the 3ds has everything I need: backwards compatibility, a virtual console..the damn thing is near perfect.

Although Im sure a new title will pop up that I feel would absolutely need to be made 3ds worthy.;)

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GreekGameManiac

I would love to see a revamped Harvest Moon 64, but I know that might not happen since they have 'The Tale of two Towns' and 'A new beginning'.

I wouldnt mind if they ported over 'Hero of Leaf Valley' from PSP..because honestly, who actually plays PSP anymore? (Granted I loved Chains of Olympus and Valkeryie Profile, but 3 games arent enough for me to buy a new system).

Besides that, it seems all the games I could want are being ported over: Shantae, Luigi's Mansion, Links Awakening, Star Fox 64..too many to list :)

With the new Animal Crossing (oh god yes) and the long awaited 'Fantasy Life'...I think the 3ds has everything I need: backwards compatibility, a virtual console..the damn thing is near perfect.

Although Im sure a new title will pop up that I feel would absolutely need to be made 3ds worthy.;)

ButaDujo

I said DS games...............

>_>

Read.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

Okamiden. It came out right before the 3DS and while it was pretty damn impressive for a DS game, it could have been much better with the power and analog controls of the 3DS.

gettingpatches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gettingpatches
Member since 2011 • 218 Posts

Okamiden. It came out right before the 3DS and while it was pretty damn impressive for a DS game, it could have been much better with the power and analog controls of the 3DS.

scoots9

See I was all ready to enter this thread and shout stuff about no more ports but this is an AMAZING idea. 3ds could give it a nice graphical boost and throw in some modern shaders. Plus the analog stick would work better than a d-pad. That said I've still got the ds game sitting around so I should probably play that first :P

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
Nothing. Why would I want to pay full price again for games I already own and can already play on my 3DS anyway? I suppose if they did more than just tack on 3D, like improve the overall graphics and controls, and add additional content not originally available on the DS version, then maybe, but most devs wouldn't do that, so as it is I see no reason to just release DS games in 3D. I mean it's not like with HD remakes where the original game can't actually be played on newer systems (and those that can are usually buggy), DS games run fine on 3DS, and 3D would add nothing to a game that wasn't designed originally with it in mind.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17809 Posts
infinite space. fix it, upgrade it, build on it. a massive missed opportunity on the DS. I would love to see someone take a second crack at it though as the potential in the DS game was amazing.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

Pixel-Perfect

hellz no. And possibly put off R&S remakes or even better a new region? Forget that!

as for a remake I wouldn't mind? super mario 64 DS. The analog just is so much better.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Jonwh18

hellz no. And possibly put off R&S remakes or even better a new region? Forget that!

Oh, I must have skipped over the part in the OP that said it had to be realistic. Xat-chew.gif

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Pixel-Perfect

Oh, I must have skipped over the part in the OP that said it had to be realistic. Xat-chew.gif

Lol touche'

ButaDujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ButaDujo
Member since 2009 • 330 Posts

[QUOTE="ButaDujo"]

GreekGameManiac

I said DS games...............

>_>

Read.

:twisted:

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

I wouldn't suggest that many to be remade, but it would be nice to see them touch up and bundle games together. I know the handheld market isn't one to go this route (so spoiled in this sense on PC), but people will pay a reasonable price to get a bundle deal.

If anything I would like to see sequels to DS games (such as TWEWY) and see GBA and GB games remade for the 3DS.

Link's Awakening DX/Oracle Of Ages/Oracle Of Seasons Bundle.... MAKE IT HAPPEN NINTENDO

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Suikoden: Tierkreis. Whenever I play it, even though it's great, I felt that it just needs a stronger system to blow me away

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Only game I can think of is Metroid Prime Hunters. Or perhaps a sequel to it...

Perhaps then they won't have any excuse to recycle the same boss over and over again...

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

scoots9

This. ^

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jonwh18

Only game I can think of is Metroid Prime Hunters. Or perhaps a sequel to it...

Perhaps then they won't have any excuse to recycle the same boss over and over again...

tocool340

If they continue with the amazing mutliplayer then **** yes :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
I'm not really interested in any remakes of DS games. Too recent. Most of the GBA library is about 8-10 years old now, and many of those would be worth a look, such as the Megaman games.
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days & re:Coded

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

ninja gaiden dragon sword. of course i havent play the game. but i love me some ninja gaiden

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

ninja gaiden dragon sword. of course i havent play the game. but i love me some ninja gaiden

TheShadowLord07
It was pretty awesome. Mario 64 DS would be obvious. If I could pick any DS games and have them be enhanced in every way for a rerelease on 3DS, I'd choose Glory Days 2 and Lord of the Rings: Conquest.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34567 Posts
Picross 3D. One of the best puzzle games I've ever played. Would be nice to have real 3D for it.
Avatar image for Lebowski__basic
Lebowski__basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lebowski__basic
Member since 2003 • 1252 Posts
Maybe not an enhanced version but at least a new Advance Wars.
Justinps2hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#24 Justinps2hero
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts
Bomberman.......theres always room for another bomberman!
Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts
I really loved Trauma Center, those games were so good. I wouldn't mind seeing another game in the line of TWEWY.
simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

Are there any DS games you'd like them to remake for the 3DS?(I KNOW,not the best thread ever,but the DS has a rich library,so there maybe games on it that could work better as 3DS games)

GreekGameManiac
What's with you in remake/re ports? :/ None. The DS was just last generation. The only thing I'd care for is collections maybe.
gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

I wouldn't suggest that many to be remade, but it would be nice to see them touch up and bundle games together. I know the handheld market isn't one to go this route (so spoiled in this sense on PC), but people will pay a reasonable price to get a bundle deal.

If anything I would like to see sequels to DS games (such as TWEWY) and see GBA and GB games remade for the 3DS.

Link's Awakening DX/Oracle Of Ages/Oracle Of Seasons Bundle.... MAKE IT HAPPEN NINTENDO

Oh God, I would buy a 3ds in a heartbeat if those games came out. I need that!!!!

HowlingLotus

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

Oh God, I would buy a 3ds in a heartbeat if those games came out. I need that!!!!gotdangit

I have a 3DS already, but I'm glad to see I'm not alone in remaking the older Zelda games. I've visited Link's Awakening DX on the eShop countless times, but everytime I say no and exit.... in hopes of a remake:cry:

I-know-that-feel-bro-tights-620x620.jpg

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#29 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Nah, I'm more or less content with how most of the DS games are on Wii. That being said, I think Solatorobo could look more gorgeous than it already does on 3DS.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts
Chrono trigger having a from the ground up polygon design as well as an extra mode to play the classic sprite game.
gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

[QUOTE="gotdangit"]Oh God, I would buy a 3ds in a heartbeat if those games came out. I need that!!!!HowlingLotus

I have a 3DS already, but I'm glad to see I'm not alone in remaking the older Zelda games. I've visited Link's Awakening DX on the eShop countless times, but everytime I say no and exit.... in hopes of a remake:cry:

Yea dude, I haven't played DX in so long, and i think I've lost my seasons and ages. I always played Ages and my bro with Seasons. Those games were the best games for GBC hands down. So much went into them. Plus the after adventure going to the other world thing. I never got it to work, but I would hope if they remade them you'd still be able to do that.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GreekGameManiac

Chrono trigger having a from the ground up polygon design as well as an extra mode to play the classic sprite game.Ghost120x

CHRONO TRIGGER!!! yeeees!

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

I would like to see the Dementium games on the 3DS, games that have stellar atmospheres that could be enhanced by the 3DS's graphical capabilities.

Dumblewis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Dumblewis
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Call of duty core advance wars and metroid prime hunters