DS games you find most beneficial on the 3DS circle pad?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26699 posts) -

Note that this is NOT a "please recommend me something" thread. The reason why I ask this is because my brother finally got a 3DS and right now, he's sharing it with us and letting everyone play it.

In my first time using it however, I played Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing and Dragon Ball: Origins with it. Honestly, both games felt much better with it compared to the D-Pad. Sure there are several others I've yet to try, but from my impressions, it's going well.

Your choices?

#2 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12825 posts) -
Mario 64. I assume Mario Kart DS as well but I hate that game.
#3 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4763 posts) -

From what I played, Mario 64 and Dragon Quest IX.

#4 Posted by bbkkristian (14952 posts) -
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. It deserves a 3DS remake. The movie on KH1.5 did not do it justice.
#5 Posted by Litchie (16329 posts) -

I'm not sure if I've played a DS game that felt worse on the circle pad.. Maybe the Castlevanias, but the circle pad works great for those too. In games where you can move your character diagonally, like Animal Crossing: Wild World and GTA: Chinatown Wars, it's much more comfortable to have a circle pad.

#6 Posted by Raptor_Herc (221 posts) -
For me, I found Okamiden as well as Solatorobo (and probably other 3d roaming games) to have benefited from the circle pad. I even enjoyed playing Mario Kart DS with the circle pad, although maximising boosts when drifting was a little more difficult to accomplish.
#7 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16756 posts) -

For me, I found Okamiden as well as Solatorobo (and probably other 3d roaming games) to have benefited from the circle pad. I even enjoyed playing Mario Kart DS with the circle pad, although maximising boosts when drifting was a little more difficult to accomplish.Raptor_Herc

Kudos to you for having played both Okamiden and Solatorobo.

Anyways, I find Dragon Quest IX (and the DQ games in general on DS) much more comfortable to control. And for Mario 64, I can only imagine that the Circle Pad does wonders for the game. It's awesome they made it portable and added content, but the controls brought down what would have been an otherwise amazing game.

#8 Edited by Sora278 (1495 posts) -

Mario 64 and Metroid Prime: Hunters.

#9 Posted by Kenny789 (10242 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. It deserves a 3DS remake. The movie on KH1.5 did not do it justice.

Completely agree with you there.

#10 Edited by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

its better than a d-pad, but there's a reason why other systems use analog sticks.

because analog sticks are MUCH better.

#11 Edited by Ryagan (487 posts) -

The first game that popped into my mind was Super Mario 64 DS. It plays much better with the circle pad.

#12 Edited by Avatar_Taxidous (4402 posts) -

Super Mario 64 DS and Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light.

#13 Posted by OctavianZarda (529 posts) -

For me it was Super Mario 64 DS.