Dragon Quest VII 3DS remake announced

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Vickman178 (866 posts) -

3DS up 500 bazillion units sold.

Febuary 2013 in Japan only.

Dragon Quest VII Remake

I swear to god if they don't bring this to North America i'm going to kill reggie. I have this game for PS1 and it looks like with this remake its going to be Dragon Quest 8 style.

The graphics on the PS1 version aren't the best honestly DQ5 & 6 on Super Famicom looked better but the games story was a lot of fun to follow through on. The game is also RIDUCULOUSLY LONG! Seriously people actually complain that this game is TOO LONG! LOL

It was also the best selling PS1 game in Japan. In other words this is really good news for 3DS owners.

UPDATE: As well as being a full 3D remake, the game will also feature a full orchestraded score!

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/30/dragon-quest-vii-3ds-remake-to-include-orchestrated-music/

#2 Posted by Vickman178 (866 posts) -

Spring 2013

Nintendo buys Japan

From the Gaf :P

#3 Posted by MAILER_DAEMON (45906 posts) -
I remember it took me 200 hours to finish the main story, and I never did all of the optional quests. Not the best game I've ever played, but one of the longest and deepest single player RPGs. It deserves better than what was basically a 1st gen PS1 game's presentation (the dev cycle was quite long to go with the game's length); hopefully they'll bring it overseas.
#4 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Never played it. From what I can tell in that pic, the graphics look pretty nice. I just started Tales of The Abyss (3DS) for the first time and while the graphics are not bad by any means, they are a bit jaggier than i expected. Was it really just as jaggy on PS2? I remember Symphonia looking a bit better.

#5 Posted by Vickman178 (866 posts) -

Never played it. From what I can tell in that pic, the graphics look pretty nice. I just started Tales of The Abyss (3DS) for the first time and while the graphics are not bad by any means, they are a bit jaggier than i expected. Was it really just as jaggy on PS2? I remember Symphonia looking a bit better.

NaveedLife

The graphics are not that jaggy on that game. And the story gets pretty interesting as you progress.

#6 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Vickman178

The graphics are not that jaggy on that game. And the story gets pretty interesting as you progress.

It is just in certain areas (starting area). The fighting, overworld, and other areas look pretty nice.

Don't spoil anything, but Luke is really making me angry :P. I do wish the appearance of my character running around changed when I switched who I use in combat, like it does in Symphonia. Though right now I only have him and Tear.

Back to DQ7. Are there any better pics? And if I recall, the originals graphics were rather bad, but these look pretty nice.

#7 Posted by HowlingLotus (500 posts) -

If it sees an import I'll buy it most likely. I never got into the Dragon Quest series as a kid and really enjoyed IX on the DS as my first entry into the franchise.

#8 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

OMG,this is awesome!!!!!!!

Now do V & VI again.

For 3DS.

:P

#9 Posted by dsrules13 (1624 posts) -

I really hope we get this. They did a great job with DQ on the DS and the 3DS is in dire need of RPG's.

#10 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12825 posts) -
And life just got better. :D
#11 Posted by Bigboi500 (30509 posts) -

You mean I don't have to pay hundreds of $$$ just to play this game now? Good.

#12 Posted by turtlethetaffer (17080 posts) -

That sounds great. I hope it comes to America. There are a few different games that look good on 3DS, and this would help me want to buy it, since I enjoyed the DQ games I payed on the DS. (All of the main ones except IV.)

#13 Posted by Vickman178 (866 posts) -

Bigboi500

Uhhh? What are you taling about?

Anyways this game is actually really good from what I remember the music is also pretty good. The graphics weren't that great even for a PS1 game but everything else pretty much makes up for it, like the story and music and classic DQ gameplay fun!

#14 Posted by DealRogers (4583 posts) -

I'll be getting it.

#15 Posted by Bigboi500 (30509 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

Vickman178

Anyways this game is actually really good from what I remember the music is also pretty good. The graphics weren't that great even for a PS1 game but everything else pretty much makes up for it, like the story and music and classic DQ gameplay fun!

It originally released in small quantities on PSone, so not many people have had access to it, and now it's going for hundreds of dollars new on Amazon. Since it's getting remade on 3DS I won't have to pay more than $40 for it now (if it gets localized).

#16 Posted by Vickman178 (866 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vickman178"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

Bigboi500

It originally released in small quantities on PSone, so not many people have had access to it, and now it's going for hundreds of dollars new on Amazon. Since it's getting remade on 3DS I won't have to pay more than $40 for it now (if it gets localized).

Right that makes sense :P I was lucky enough to find the PS1 version at a garage sale for $5 :D

#17 Posted by elbert_b_23 (8247 posts) -
most likely they will localize it they did localize all of the ds dragon quest games and this is great news i was never able to play part 7 on ps1
#18 Posted by Bigboi500 (30509 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="Vickman178"]

Vickman178

Right that makes sense :P I was lucky enough to find the PS1 version at a garage sale for $5 :D

Wow, that's amazing luck.

#19 Posted by Vickman178 (866 posts) -

Yeah Nintendo has localized all the other Dragon Quest games on the DS so hopefully they localize this game and DQX when it comes out on Wii U.

#20 Posted by JLF1MarkII (1416 posts) -

most likely they will localize it they did localize all of the ds dragon quest games and this is great news i was never able to play part 7 on ps1elbert_b_23

I depends if Nintendo picks up it. Squareenix won't release it in the west.

#21 Posted by Minishdriveby (10288 posts) -
I have the PS1 version. I'd rather stick with that because I like the 2D sprite graphics more.
#22 Posted by tocool340 (20638 posts) -
Grrr....Why couldn't Final Fantasy been in front of that VII?!...:x
#23 Posted by BigBen11111 (1528 posts) -

Great news, hopefully it'll come to the states sometime in the near future.

#24 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Great news, hopefully it'll come to the states sometime in the near future.

BigBen11111

And Europe!

#25 Posted by Vickman178 (866 posts) -

Grrr....Why couldn't Final Fantasy been in front of that VII?!...:xtocool340

It's cool bro, if you haven't noticed Square has been remaking the Final Fantasy games in order just like they are doing with Dragon Quest. FF3 & FF4 were both remade for the Nintendo DS and are exellent by the way. So hopefully we get 5 & 6 on 3DS. And to be honest I would much rather see a full 3D remake of 6 in the style that they are doing for DQ7 then to see a remake of FF7.

#26 Posted by marluxia101 (1614 posts) -

Awesome,but how's the difficulty level in this one? I never beat 9 because it was so hard :C got stcuk and the main castle.

#27 Posted by GamespotSux_IKR (63 posts) -

DQ8 is my favorite game of all time!! I never got to play this one! I'm so happy. I also love my 3DS. <3

#28 Posted by Hate_Squad (1357 posts) -

ok,thats it ,im getting a 3ds

#29 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9246 posts) -

Awesome,but how's the difficulty level in this one? I never beat 9 because it was so hard :C got stcuk and the main castle.

marluxia101

Dragon Quest IX is probably the easiest dragon quest in the series :s