Dragon Quest Monster Joker... Which to get?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 0

#1 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

So I love Dragon Quest (as a few poeple on this board know) and I love Pokemon (because who doesn't) so I'd like to play one of the DQ Monster Joker games. I found the first for a pretty good price (ten bucks) and the second for 30. Which one should I get? Is the second one a good enough improvement to warrant the extra dough? Which would give me the best bang for my buck? Thanks in advance to whoever answers.

Basically, which is the better game?

xGamePlayerx19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 xGamePlayerx19
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

Ive played the first which was a fun game, but not the second. I have have looked into it before and for the most part it looks pretty much the same in terms of gameplay and such. I think mainly its just a different set of islands, monsters, and story. So as for the first though I do recommend it as it is an enjoyable game.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 turtlethetaffer

Ive played the first which was a fun game, but not the second. I have have looked into it before and for the most part it looks pretty much the same in terms of gameplay and such. I think mainly its just a different set of islands, monsters, and story. So as for the first though I do recommend it as it is an enjoyable game.

xGamePlayerx19

So basically just go with the cheaper option?

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#4 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I thought the 2nd was quite a lot of fun, actually.
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 turtlethetaffer

I thought the 2nd was quite a lot of fun, actually.Allicrombie

Is it worth paying the extra dough to get it?

xGamePlayerx19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 xGamePlayerx19
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

[QUOTE="xGamePlayerx19"]

turtlethetaffer

So basically just go with the cheaper option?

Yes, unless the other poster has some insight as to what the second might have different in it.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

I only played the first one because the second looked exactly the same to me.  Which is fine really, because I put a good amount of time into the first one.  It's a fun series especially once you get to start customizing your monsters and teams.  The only problem with it, as with all DQ games, is that it's a grindfest. 

I don't know what the differences are between the two, but if the second only has different areas and more monsters, I'm not sure it's worth the extra $20.  If anything you can just buy the first and wait for a price drop on the second if you like it that much.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 turtlethetaffer

Ok thanks for the tips everyone!

dsrules13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 dsrules13
Member since 2010 • 1624 Posts

Don't know if you've made a final decision yet but definitely go with the first one. Not only is it cheaper but its better. I liked certain aspects of the second one, but in comparison to the first it is extremely linear. The exploration of all the islands in the first one was one of my favorite aspects, so I ended up kind of hating the second one.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 turtlethetaffer

Don't know if you've made a final decision yet but definitely go with the first one. Not only is it cheaper but its better. I liked certain aspects of the second one, but in comparison to the first it is extremely linear. The exploration of all the islands in the first one was one of my favorite aspects, so I ended up kind of hating the second one.

dsrules13

People's comments on the game made me want the first and this seals the deal.