Does the Wii have USB ports in the back?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by happy_dude63 (1620 posts) -

I dont have a wii yet(I will this Sunday). I was watching a video earlier of a Wii and I think I saw two USB ports, is this real or am I mistaken? If they are real USB ports would I be able to use a flash drive/memory stick whatebver u wanna call those.

If I can use my memory stick (lol) can I like listen to my music or view pictures?

Thanks in advanced

#2 Posted by merch (4235 posts) -

it has usb ports only 2 but u cna only charge a shuffle in there has to be sd card.

#3 Posted by grafkhun (12827 posts) -
it has two, but i dont know the extent of what they can do.
#4 Posted by happy_dude63 (1620 posts) -
So I can only recharge my stupid iPod?! O man...I hate my iPod :(
#5 Posted by ThePlothole (11515 posts) -
The only official use for the ports right now is for the LAN adapter.
#6 Posted by Linkthedueler (4389 posts) -
I'm hoping they're gonna be for a headset and a keyboard.
#7 Posted by ThePlothole (11515 posts) -

I'm hoping they're gonna be for a headset and a keyboard.Linkthedueler

For headset support, I'd rather see them use bluetooth. Having your head tethered down to the console would be rather irritating.

#8 Posted by elite_destroyer (1118 posts) -

i dont why you cant use flash drives. you could store saved games on them then store them on ur computer!

#9 Posted by judgegrumble (8 posts) -

[QUOTE="Linkthedueler"]I'm hoping they're gonna be for a headset and a keyboard.ThePlothole

For headset support, I'd rather see them use bluetooth. Having your head tethered down to the console would be rather irritating.

lol if the headset and keyboard did plug into the usb, it would be a wireless adapter, i think nintendo is done with wires

#10 Posted by ThePlothole (11515 posts) -
[QUOTE="ThePlothole"]

[QUOTE="Linkthedueler"]I'm hoping they're gonna be for a headset and a keyboard.judgegrumble

lol if the headset and keyboard did plug into the usb, it would be a wireless adapter, i think nintendo is done with wires

Hmm, but if they end up going with a wireless HS anyways, why not just use what the console already has? Assuming Nintendo followed the BT standard to the letter, the Wii should be able to connect with up to three more wireless devices (in addition to the four controllers).

#11 Posted by Duckman5 (18934 posts) -

[QUOTE="Linkthedueler"]I'm hoping they're gonna be for a headset and a keyboard.ThePlothole

Wow, that would piss me off to no end. *Sigh* Even if they make a headset this year I probably won't buy one so I can put all my money towards all the games I want.