Does the Gamepad need to be in the stand when not in use?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Right I have had my Wii U for about 2 days now and I haven't used the stand on the Gamepad when I haven't been using it because it's right next to where the console is.

My question is that should it be placed in the stand when not in use or can is it okay just to have it next to it or does it damage it at all.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

You can put the gamepad where ever your heart desires. The stand is just a bit of plastic to prop it up if you want to.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Some people like to have the gamepad on the stand next to the console because the console is pretty nondescript. The gamepad is what makes the console stand out according to some. Personally I like it anyway and I keep my gamepad charged in a corner and pull it out when its time to game. Its a matter of preference.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I just put mine on the TV stand without the stand... I just lay it flat on the entertainment stand.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

I use the one stand when I play Wii VC games on the pad with other controllers. I usually put it on the charging stand when I'm done because it doesn't hold a charge for a great length.