does the gamecube controller work on wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Joshhhhhhhhhhhh (2 posts) -
Hi guys/gals New to the forums so i'm sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong section. Well, i'm not too good on the controller and nunchuk when it comes to shooting games, so i was looking at the pro controller but i came across the gamecube controller, can you use it on the wii? if so, where do you plug it into? Thanks!
#2 Posted by JuarN18 (4981 posts) -

Not all games support the wii classic controller pro or the gamecube controller, which game are you playing right now?

#3 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

Yes, the gamecube controller does work on the Wii. But only if you are playing a Gamecube game or a Wii game (retail, Wiiware, and VC) that supports it.

#4 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16610 posts) -

It works on some games, mostly Virtual Console and WiiWare but it also works on Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Super Smash Brothers Brawl, as well as Mario Kart Wii.

#5 Posted by Joshhhhhhhhhhhh (2 posts) -
I'm currently playing black ops and goldeneye
#6 Posted by JuarN18 (4981 posts) -
I'm currently playing black ops and goldeneye Joshhhhhhhhhhhh
you can use the GC controller with goldeneye but i don't know if it works with black ops, you can check that on the top right corner on the back of the box
#7 Posted by goblaa (19304 posts) -

Before you give up, here's a couple wiimote pointers that should help you:

1: change around the control options. You want a smaller dead zone so you can quickly turn and react.

2: do not hold your arm out when you aim. Sit down and relax like you're playing any other game. Have your arm rested on you lap or chair. Simply twist your wrist to aim and turn.

3: use your iron sights whenever possible. The last thing you want to do is hip shoot all the time.

#8 Posted by FPSDad1161 (814 posts) -
Yes it does. If you are keeping the system vertical, the GC ports and GC memory card ports are located under a panel on the top of the system.