Does Partners in Time get better?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Blabadon (25648 posts) -

Last I left off and I think I was in some desert. It was pretty horrible to play through and the combat feels extremely unbalanced. Pretty disappointing considering SuperStar Saga is among the GOATs.

Is there any point in letting this game delay me from BiS or Dream Team any longer?

#2 Edited by Mugzippit (59 posts) -

I found Partners in time to be the weakest of the mario and luigi series so far. its still a fun game and there are some nice references in BIS to PiT but if your not enjoying it then I'd say drop it and play BIS.

#3 Edited by YoshiYogurt (5973 posts) -

It is a great game, but it's definitely the most difficult Mario & Luigi entry of the 4.

All I can say is to get better at the game. It gets much more brutal.

#4 Edited by Pierst179 (10709 posts) -

I don't remember the game well enough to tell you whether or not it gets better beyond that point. However, I can safely say it is the worst game of the series, but by no means a bad one.

Bowser's Inside Story and Dream Team, especially the former, are much better.

#5 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1743 posts) -

The game wasn't memorable enough for me to say. The bosses were meh, the landscapes were meh, enemies were meh, final boss was meh, battle music was meh, bros items were meh. The whole game was pretty bland.

Bowser's Inside Story was great though, it was different, but still had charm like the original.

Haven't played Dream Team, the demo didn't convince me.

#6 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22109 posts) -

I don't remember the game well enough to tell you whether or not it gets better beyond that point. However, I can safely say it is the worst game of the series, but by no means a bad one.

are these games hard to be exact? like FFIV and SMT: Strange Journey hard?

#7 Posted by Pierst179 (10709 posts) -

@Pierst179 said:

Not even close!

Superstar Saga and Partners in Time had some hard bosses and segments, but Bowser's Inside Story and Dream Team are easier (or maybe I just got beter?).

#8 Posted by Mugzippit (59 posts) -

@Pierst179:

@TheShadowLord07 said:

@Pierst179 said:

Not even close!

Superstar Saga and Partners in Time had some hard bosses and segments, but Bowser's Inside Story and Dream Team are easier (or maybe I just got beter?).

They are definitely fairly easy games but they do have much harder challenges to take on late in the game. They are more or less an optional side quest bit.