mowerdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 mowerdude85
Member since 2013 • 33 Posts

Why does Nintendo hate America? First it was MK8 Limited edition for Nintendo World ONLY and now Hyrule Warriors limited Edition No-where to be found in North America, it seem like japan and europe get way better stuff everytime anything is released by Nintendo and also everytime a game releases America is always the last ones to get it. Also the free game selection that Nintendo of America gave us with the mario kart 8 promotion was just plain lazy on NOA end, EU got to pick from 10 games with some not even made by nintendo and here in NOA we get the most common games that almost everyone that purchased a wii u already owned. Nintendo of America is really starting to suck, it's no wonder I am considering saying the Hell with Nintendo and just purchase my games elsewhere?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

They don't. Nintendo of America isn't perfect and they have a lot of problems they need to fix but, compared to Nintendo of Europe we're getting the better options (no offense). First off, we usually get games earlier than them. Some games take months to come out in Europe. Also, some countries in Europe don't get things like Club Nintendo so we should consider ourselves lucky whether you like them or not. Also, the reason they got more options is because, of how poorly the Wii U has been selling in Europe and to entice people into buying a Wii U they gave more options.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

They don't. Nintendo of America isn't perfect and they have a lot of problems they need to fix but, compared to Nintendo of Europe we're getting the better options (no offense). First off, we usually get games earlier than them. Some games take months to come out in Europe. Also, some countries in Europe don't get things like Club Nintendo so we should consider ourselves lucky whether you like them or not. Also, the reason they got more options is because, of how poorly the Wii U has been selling in Europe and to entice people into buying a Wii U they gave more options.

This. I never even thought about it that way.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

lol..its crap all round this time. You should have been complaining about that during Wii era. NA missed out on quite a few games & got games very late & stupidly price too (Xenoblade Chronicles) due to NA making bad decision. :P

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#5 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Nintendo of America/Europe have no autonomy. If they want to bring games x, y, and z to their regions, they have to get on their knees and lube up their hands for the executives in Japan. It's not that NoA is lazy. The people that they have to take orders from are out of touch.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

You guys in the US have it better than most. It's usually between Japan and the US for the best stuff. Out here in Australia/New Zealand, we get the near worst deals among the western world. I'd imagine the PAL region in general (UK) would be in the same boat.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#7 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@trugs26 said:

You guys in the US have it better than most. It's usually between Japan and the US for the best stuff. Out here in Australia/New Zealand, we get the near the world deals among the western world. I'd imagine the PAL region in general (UK) would be in the same boat.

I tend to cringe when I see the release dates for AU and NZ. It's a shame you guys don't get software sooner.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@superbuuman said:

lol..its crap all round this time. You should have been complaining about that during Wii era. NA missed out on quite a few games & got games very late & stupidly price too (Xenoblade Chronicles) due to NA making bad decision. :P

Yeah, NOA has been problematic during the late GC and throughout all the Wii years. I don't know how much is NOA and how much is Nintendo Japan, but whatever the case, it has been a huge issue.

A number of great games never made it out of Japan, and the games that did arrived way late.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
Member since 2014 • 322 Posts

Nintendo is pretty anti-America.

They hate you guys.

A lot.

krizalidzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By krizalidzero
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Reggie is anti-Nintendo. I never got why people like him.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Region is irrelevant with Nintendo, their entire approach to the Wii/Wii U has been out of touch.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts

@haziqagha: why? D;

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@zeroyaoi said:

@haziqagha: why? D;

Didn't Iwata say something like Japanese game is for Japanese people only..hehehe. Too much work...imo... Have to have voice dub in english..then must have US accents..must change dialogs..cause US people don't eat sushi so change it hotdog/pizza etc. JPN voice & eng subtitle not good enough? :P

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

I live in the UK and although we occasionally get thrown a bone I can assure you that the US are treated better overall on the Nintendo front.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Nintendo of America/Europe have no autonomy. If they want to bring games x, y, and z to their regions, they have to get on their knees and lube up their hands for the executives in Japan. It's not that NoA is lazy. The people that they have to take orders from are out of touch.

Precisely.

I don't fault NoA at all, in fact I feel sorry for them as they've become nothing but a puppet PR localization branch of NoJ. What Iwata did upon becoming president:

From 1990-2000. Nintendo of America had production and management autonomy from Japan. NOA basically culminated its own production team, along a few co-designers, and started funding and producing games with developers.

DMA Design: Uni Racers, Body Harvest (Nintendo dropped it in 1997, Midway took it),Angel Studios: Ken Griffey Baseball, Buggie Boogie (canceled), Bits Studios: Warlocked, Riqa (canceled), Rare: Donkey Kong Country, Killer Instinct, Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark, Software Creations: Ken Griffey Baseball, Tin Star, Silicon Knights: Eternal Darkness (N64 version),Left Field Productions: Kobey Bryant in NBA Courtside, Excitebike 64,Looking Glass Studio: Mini Racers (canceled), Mass Media: Star Craft 64, H20: Tetrisphere, Saffire Corp: Nester's Funky Bowling, James Bond 007, Midway: Cruisn Series

Nintendo of America also procured the Ken Griffey and MLBPA license, NHL License, Kobe Bryant and NBA license, PGA license, Disney license, James Bond license, StarCraft license. Star Wars Episode I license. They were producing their own first-party games separate from Nintendo of Japan. That all changed when Iwata transitioned from Global Marketing Chief to President.NOA Production was killed, and Nintendo of Japan's SPD Department took over all Western development (Star Fox Adventures, Geist, Eternal Darkness GC).

Henry Sterchi, Brian Ullrich, Ken Lobb, Ed Ridgeway, Jeff Hutt, Faran Thomason, and the whole crew left NOA to Microsoft and other developers. Since then, we've seen the Western model we have today. Western developers reporting directly to Japanese management, and pretty much making B/C sequels to Nintendo IPs.

Under Iwata's wonderful "leadership", he's completely gutted and stripped NoA of all it's autonomy to make everything Japan-centric. Such a brilliant move when gaming was becoming more and more a Western dominated market. Iwata and Nintendo in general have adopted a very different philosophy and attitude towards us than the Nintendo of old. It seems to me that it's not a lack of understanding, from the above move it seems like they hold active contempt for the types of games the West produces, and want no part of it.

My God I can't wait for that fucking moron Iwata to leave, that is if he doesn't sink the company first.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Precisely.

I don't fault NoA at all, in fact I feel sorry for them as they've become nothing but a puppet PR localization branch of NoJ. What Iwata did upon becoming president:

From 1990-2000. Nintendo of America had production and management autonomy from Japan. NOA basically culminated its own production team, along a few co-designers, and started funding and producing games with developers.

DMA Design: Uni Racers, Body Harvest (Nintendo dropped it in 1997, Midway took it),Angel Studios: Ken Griffey Baseball, Buggie Boogie (canceled), Bits Studios: Warlocked, Riqa (canceled), Rare: Donkey Kong Country, Killer Instinct, Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark, Software Creations: Ken Griffey Baseball, Tin Star, Silicon Knights: Eternal Darkness (N64 version),Left Field Productions: Kobey Bryant in NBA Courtside, Excitebike 64,Looking Glass Studio: Mini Racers (canceled), Mass Media: Star Craft 64, H20: Tetrisphere, Saffire Corp: Nester's Funky Bowling, James Bond 007, Midway: Cruisn Series

Nintendo of America also procured the Ken Griffey and MLBPA license, NHL License, Kobe Bryant and NBA license, PGA license, Disney license, James Bond license, StarCraft license. Star Wars Episode I license. They were producing their own first-party games separate from Nintendo of Japan. That all changed when Iwata transitioned from Global Marketing Chief to President.NOA Production was killed, and Nintendo of Japan's SPD Department took over all Western development (Star Fox Adventures, Geist, Eternal Darkness GC).

Henry Sterchi, Brian Ullrich, Ken Lobb, Ed Ridgeway, Jeff Hutt, Faran Thomason, and the whole crew left NOA to Microsoft and other developers. Since then, we've seen the Western model we have today. Western developers reporting directly to Japanese management, and pretty much making B/C sequels to Nintendo IPs.

Under Iwata's wonderful "leadership", he's completely gutted and stripped NoA of all it's autonomy to make everything Japan-centric. Such a brilliant move when gaming was becoming more and more a Western dominated market. Iwata and Nintendo in general have adopted a very different philosophy and attitude towards us than the Nintendo of old. It seems to me that it's not a lack of understanding, from the above move it seems like they hold active contempt for the types of games the West produces, and want no part of it.

My God I can't wait for that fucking moron Iwata to leave, that is if he doesn't sink the company first.

I do not think he is a moron, just misguided. He did after all bring great success after the GC. But it is so abundantly clear to Nintendo fans around the world that Nintendo of Japan should not be the only source of creativity and output of Nintendo games.

We need more experiences like SM3DW, SSB4, and MK8. I do not think this new game is going to come from Japan though. I think it will come from a new developer from the West that is partnered up with Nintendo.

Nintendo should rebuild its NoA front. It is time for change and we all see it. We all see the complete lack of games. Many games are coming out in 2015 but they are, for the most part, projects of small scale or niche.

Avatar image for ThatOneGamerGuy
ThatOneGamerGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 ThatOneGamerGuy
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I dont know man, I just think Japan still has a grudge against us for what happened back in dubeya dubeya tew if ya catch my drift?

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Because we talk a lot of shit.

Avatar image for IcedEarthaholic
IcedEarthaholic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By IcedEarthaholic
Member since 2004 • 67 Posts

From what I know, Iwata himself is in charge of NoA now, I believe he took over because he was not happy with the way things were being executed there and wanted to change it. All in all, I feel he's done a good job of beginning the shift. The fact that we're not having to fight for Xenoblade Chronicles X like we did with the original Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii, and a bunch of other things, is a sign that things are changing for the better. Now granted, he is not perfect, and there is still much to do, but I haven't seen them tackle a bunch of M-rated games like this in a long time. However, I won't be satisfied until I hear that the new Fatal Frame for the Wii U is hitting the US/EU.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@thedude- said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Precisely.

I do not think he is a moron, just misguided. He did after all bring great success after the GC. But it is so abundantly clear to Nintendo fans around the world that Nintendo of Japan should not be the only source of creativity and output of Nintendo games.

We need more experiences like SM3DW, SSB4, and MK8. I do not think this new game is going to come from Japan though. I think it will come from a new developer from the West that is partnered up with Nintendo.

Nintendo should rebuild its NoA front. It is time for change and we all see it. We all see the complete lack of games. Many games are coming out in 2015 but they are, for the most part, projects of small scale or niche.

It's been time for change for a while now, and go figure....his approval rating actually rises. I've never seen someone so incompetent keep their job. Iwata should write a book: "how to lose nearly a billion dollars in three years, irreparably damage your brandname, shrink your company into near irrelevance, and manage to keep your job as a CEO."

I can't grasp why he did what he did to NoA. I see absolutely no benefit in it aside from a short-term cost saving measure which would translate to long-term losses from a strategy that's far more insular as a consequence than it has been. NoA not only had studios, they had acquired popular licenses that held enormous draw and opened up a huge variety of potential in a market that's grown to prominence in the industry. Then he comes out and says, nigh ten years later after he obliterated NoA's autonomy, that his "pulse" has been off for the West. Well no shit, Einstein, it's a good thing you only took a decade to come to this realization. Again, why appoint himself to NoA's CEO? I don't want a Japanese CEO in charge of a Western arm of the company, because, well, they're......Japanese.

There are vast cultural differences and tastes. If I were a CEO of a company here, I wouldn't have one clue as to what Japan would desire and would best leave that in the hands of those who know. People say him becoming NoA's CEO is a great move. No, sorry, I want a Westerner in charge of the West. Who knows the language, the customs, knows how to acquire connections. Iwata's micromanaging something he has no business in doing. He's not trusting in people who reside here and is attempting to run international branches of his business solely through Japan. That is poor and inefficient management.

With everything Iwata does, he just goes more and more to prove to me he has basically no clue as to what he's doing in so many things, and Nintendo's results over the past years support it. Sorry for being a passionate, sarcastic ass, but I can't stand some of the moves he's made. Personally I also don't know how Yamauchi stood for it as when Iwata took over as president he was still on the BoDs. I would've gone apeshit had I see such a move. It ultimately did nothing but shrink the company.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

@thedude- said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Precisely.

It's been time for change for a while now, and go figure....his approval rating actually rises. I've never seen someone so incompetent keep their job. Iwata should write a book: "how to lose nearly a billion dollars in three years, irreparably damage your brandname, shrink your company into near irrelevance, and manage to keep your job as a CEO."

I can't grasp why he did what he did to NoA. I see absolutely no benefit in it aside from a short-term cost saving measure which would translate to long-term losses from a strategy that's far more insular as a consequence than it has been. NoA not only had studios, they had acquired popular licenses that held enormous draw and opened up a huge variety of potential in a market that's grown to prominence in the industry. Then he comes out and says, nigh ten years later after he obliterated NoA's autonomy, that his "pulse" has been off for the West. Well no shit, Einstein, it's a good thing you only took a decade to come to this realization. Again, why appoint himself to NoA's CEO? I don't want a Japanese CEO in charge of a Western arm of the company, because, well, they're......Japanese.

There are vast cultural differences and tastes. If I were a CEO of a company here, I wouldn't have one clue as to what Japan would desire and would best leave that in the hands of those who know. People say him becoming NoA's CEO is a great move. No, sorry, I want a Westerner in charge of the West. Who knows the language, the customs, knows how to acquire connections. Iwata's micromanaging something he has no business in doing. He's not trusting in people who reside here and is attempting to run international branches of his business solely through Japan. That is poor and inefficient management.

With everything Iwata does, he just goes more and more to prove to me he has basically no clue as to what he's doing in so many things, and Nintendo's results over the past years support it. Sorry for being a passionate, sarcastic ass, but I can't stand some of the moves he's made. Personally I also don't know how Yamauchi stood for it as when Iwata took over as president he was still on the BoDs. I would've gone apeshit had I see such a move. It ultimately did nothing but shrink the company.

Don't apologize for being passionate! I wish there was more of this in the Nintendo forums here. Its clear what interests Iwata is becoming more and more divergent to the average western Nintendo fan. I do not want sidescrollers in place of new IPs.

NiceMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NiceMouse
Member since 2015 • 194 Posts

@MirkoS77: Not to mention kicking RARE out the door. That was a result of Iwata's and Miyamoto's vanity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

The simple fact that they don't edited and censored games, but our versions of games are, yeah they clearly have some kind of bias towards us. In other cases rightfully so, outside removing/editing mature content, they been westernizing stuff and making it easier for NA, and in many cases not releasing content here, not even in digital form. So I feel Nintendo hates us adults playing their games.

djura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By djura
Member since 2016 • 542 Posts

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

That's not really correct. Each of the Nintendo subsidiaries decides which games it wants to publish in its relevant territory. In fact, each subsidiary actually has some dedicated people who analyse upcoming games pre-release to make recommendations about potential localisation/release opportunities.

Also, it's not remotely about laziness. It's about analysis - each subsidiary makes these decisions. Subsidiaries actually have to purchase stock from NCL. So here in Australia, if Nintendo Australia decides to publish a certain game here, it needs to actually order the stock from NCL in advance - so the subsidiaries take on inventory and they take on substantial risk in some cases (they order the stock, they locally publish and distribute, they arrange and fund local marketing efforts, registration with ESRB-equivalents, etc...)

I just wanted to shed some light on that, because it may not be well understood unless you've worked for a Nintendo subsidiary.

@nicemouse: On the subject of Rare, it's worth mentioning that many of the key developers at Rare had left the company well before Nintendo sold it to Microsoft. If you consider how Rare performed subsequent to that sale...I think it's pretty clear that Nintendo made the right decision there. Rare has been a shadow of its former self for a very long time.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5247 Posts

Why is a year old thread bumped?

djura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 djura
Member since 2016 • 542 Posts

@onesiphorus said:

Why is a year old thread bumped?

Is that your only contribution? :P

But seriously, there are a few recent comments on here. It made its way back to the front page for a few of us, I guess. It's all good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
deactivated-5938196c2bbcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
Member since 2013 • 344 Posts

I do kinda wish that Nintendo would show Europe the same amount of respect as Japan...

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Can a Mod please lock this old thread.

All this thread is, is a reminder that some users don't understand Nintendo is a company of Japan first, and foremost!

It's not "hate" it's practical business.

The level of entitlement here is sickening to be honest.