Does Nintendo even care about the Wii U any more?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mowerdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 mowerdude85
Member since 2013 • 33 Posts

Does Nintendo even care about the Wii U any more? Because all you see is Nintendo 3DS this Nintendo 3DS that and nothing for the Wii U. Everytime something is announced from Nintendo it seems like it is always for the 3DS. Then what isn't helping is that when it gets close to time to release a game for the Wii u it always gets pushed back to a later day. Like Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Armillo, Shovel Knight all got delay's.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

In all honestly, 2014 is looking like an absolutely awful year for the 3DS. The Wii U is getting several games this year. I just don't think Nintendo has enough developers to fully support 2 systems. They need to make their next system a console/handheld hybrid so they can combine their support onto that single system.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

yup wiiu has tons of games this year...

i actually think they need to focus on the 3ds at e3 and assure us it isnt dead...

but yes i want to see at least 1 or 2 new games for wiiu at e3 also...

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Enough to mention it once in awhile. I bet next month we will see MK8 commercials.

freakinFreddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By freakinFreddy
Member since 2014 • 46 Posts

I have the feeling they will faze it out in the next few years and come up with another wii idea that will sell millions again or hit rough patches like the wii U

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

In all honestly, 2014 is looking like an absolutely awful year for the 3DS. The Wii U is getting several games this year. I just don't think Nintendo has enough developers to fully support 2 systems. They need to make their next system a console/handheld hybrid so they can combine their support onto that single system.

Part of me does wonder if that would be a viable strategy for Nintendo. hell, the Wii U is already like a console/handheld hybrid with the gamepad so I don't think it would be outside the realm of possibility for them. If they could make pull it off, I think it could work out much better than how they do things now, as both the 3DS and Wii U have their releases stretched out thinly.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

Hopefully there will be more announced at e3 and with late 2014 release dates. Because at the moment there's only mk8, x and smash bros that I want to play. And two of those don't have release dates and might not make it out this year.

Raptor_Herc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Raptor_Herc
Member since 2013 • 330 Posts

There are several titles coming down the line for the Wii U, so no, I do not think they have stopped caring for it quite just yet, especially when they are also giving it GBA and DS games which the 3DS should arguably be getting.

As for the 3DS having an awful year, I think the first half of this year has been quite good retail wise, at least for NA. We got: PL: Azran Legacies; Bravely Default; and the most recent Yoshi's Island, dud though it may be. We are also getting Kirby Triple Deluxe and Layton Vs. Wright before June. While little has been announced as to what is coming out in the 2nd half of this year, we do know that the 3DS will likely be getting Persona Q as well as Super Smash Bros. 3DS towards the end of it. Nintendo likely has a few more surprises to reveal at E3 as well.