do you think its wrong that regular pokmeon games are only on DS than WII?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gubrushadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gubrushadow
Member since 2009 • 2735 Posts

on the WII , pokemon is great , but isnt there will ever be a regular pokemon game , first diamond/pearl, then platinum then HG/SS and now blackfor 2011< and all of them are only on the DS , do this piss anyone else than me off ??

FullMetalRoze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 FullMetalRoze
Member since 2010 • 169 Posts

Well it doesn't piss me off, however that might be because I have grown out of Pokemon....

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

No, because Pokemon belongs on handhelds. I wouldn't mind Pokemon Stadium though, those were alot of fun IMO.

AfterBurnerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AfterBurnerZ
Member since 2010 • 1304 Posts

How is it wrong? The developers have always made Pokemon for handhelds, this is nothing new..

publicgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 publicgamer
Member since 2010 • 97 Posts
i dont think its wrong, but i agree that it would be cool to have a full blown pokemon RPG on a console. i just dont think it would sell as well as the others
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

There are many things wrong with the Pokemon franchise, but that isn't one of them. Keep the games on handhelds.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

Well it doesn't piss me off, however that might be because I have grown out of Pokemon....

FullMetalRoze

I thought that too till I bought SoulSliver, Pokemon works so so well on the DS, I'm not sure I'd buy a wii one.

ImproveMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ImproveMind
Member since 2010 • 172 Posts

The DS needs a system seller and that is Pokemon. It is strictly a business move, and a smart one at that.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#9 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
What's wrong is that the Wii doesn't have a Pokemon MMO.
ImproveMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ImproveMind
Member since 2010 • 172 Posts
What's wrong is that the Wii doesn't have a Pokemon MMO.GamerForca
Nintendo's online system could never support a MMO. The lack of anti-hacking/cheating is a major issue and also the FC system is worse than having to use IP addresses in the early 1990's. Simple online games barely work on the Wii and an MMO would be way too much for it to handle.
bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts

Pokemon is best suited for portables. Pocket monsters, pocket system. Makes sense to me.

ScionofEntropy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ScionofEntropy
Member since 2006 • 733 Posts

No problem with the games staying on handhelds. But a new Pokemon Snap would be kind of cool.

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts
there are some pokemon games for the gamecube and i think one for the wii... but the last one i played for the gc was freakn stupid and crappy compared to the old handheld ones... i havent played any of the ds ones either htough.. the last one i played was ruby version haha... idk i got tired of the same exact crap every time with ruby... idk why they havent made a GOOD pokemon on consoles lol
dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts
Meh, don't care about Pokemon so no.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#15 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerForca"]What's wrong is that the Wii doesn't have a Pokemon MMO.ImproveMind
Nintendo's online system could never support a MMO. The lack of anti-hacking/cheating is a major issue and also the FC system is worse than having to use IP addresses in the early 1990's. Simple online games barely work on the Wii and an MMO would be way too much for it to handle.

...that doesn't make it any less wrong.
catd77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 catd77
Member since 2010 • 66 Posts

The DS needs a system seller and that is Pokemon. It is strictly a business move, and a smart one at that.

ImproveMind
It's the only reason a lot of kids have DS's
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

There's nothing wrong with Pokemon being a portable-oriented franchise. The games are just better fits on portables in a number of ways. A major part of Pokemon's draw has always been able to carry the game with you on the go and be able to interact with different people in the ways of trading, battling, and other ways. It's the level of interaction can't be duplicated on a home gaming system of any sort, much less the Wii.

I'm sure it's not impossible to create a full-scale Pokemon game on the Wii, but even if that was ever to happen, the overall experience wouldn't have the same potential as it does now on the DS. Therefore, it's probably best that the formula stays the way it is.

InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts

Pocket Monsters. I cant put the Wii in my pocket or play it when Im on the pot. :lol: I do think it's a crime that we havent had a true sequel to pokemon stadium developed by Hal Labratory to compliment the handheld releases.

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#19 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

It doesn't bother me as I do own a DS and a Wii.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
Its always like that. The main Pokemon games are on handhelds and the console get the rubbish spinoffs.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

Pocket Monsters

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#22 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

That it hasn't appeared on a console in it's classic form shows a lack of confidence in the game by the publishers. I'm beginning to believe in the message that they're sending: the Pokemon series is a one-trick pony, forever condemned to small-scale productions to match the small-scale imaginations of the developers.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
i actually like them on handhelds. I would gladly sacrifice the whole pretty graphics and shiny presentation with simplified effects and on-the-go convenience.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

That it hasn't appeared on a console in it's classic form shows a lack of confidence in the game by the publishers. I'm beginning to believe in the message that they're sending: the Pokemon series is a one-trick pony, forever condemned to small-scale productions to match the small-scale imaginations of the developers.

so_hai
Its actually not that hard to figure out, think about it like this, Nintendo put Twilight Princess on the Wii first to migrate the fanbase from the cube to the Wii. That is what Pokemon does for the handheld market, when a future Pokemon game is for the 3DS only, you have to upgrade to the next handheld to keep playing. Pokemon serves as Nintendo's migrating game, it moves whatever hardware that its on. Now if you take that and put it on a console, the handheld version may not look so good anymore, especially with the bigger is better mentality that many have. Pokemon got millions to move from the GB to the DS and it will get people to go from the DS to the 3DS, you don't want to potentially upset that by making a bigger better version for consoles. Its not a lack of confidence they have, its a don't rock the boat attitude that they have. Cant blame them, Pokemon is the gravy train.
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#25 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
As a gamer, I do find it weird that the consoles can't have one normal Pokemon game. But from a business point of view, it's a handheld cash cow that means insta-sell of Nintendo handhelds.
so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 so_hai
[QUOTE="so_hai"]

Sepewrath
Its actually not that hard to figure out, think about it like this, Nintendo put Twilight Princess on the Wii first to migrate the fanbase from the cube to the Wii. That is what Pokemon does for the handheld market, when a future Pokemon game is for the 3DS only, you have to upgrade to the next handheld to keep playing. Pokemon serves as Nintendo's migrating game, it moves whatever hardware that its on. Now if you take that and put it on a console, the handheld version may not look so good anymore, especially with the bigger is better mentality that many have. Pokemon got millions to move from the GB to the DS and it will get people to go from the DS to the 3DS, you don't want to potentially upset that by making a bigger better version for consoles. Its not a lack of confidence they have, its a don't rock the boat attitude that they have. Cant blame them, Pokemon is the gravy train.

If you use Zelda as an example, you have to acknowledge that it exists successfuly on boht handhelds and consoles - what's to say Pokemon can't do the same?
shaka_fo00o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 shaka_fo00o
Member since 2009 • 735 Posts
As a gamer, I do find it weird that the consoles can't have one normal Pokemon game. But from a business point of view, it's a handheld cash cow that means insta-sell of Nintendo handhelds.Kenny789
Japan has that nice pikachu adventure looking game. Man i would have liked to play that. Sadly from what i hear its not coming to the states. Wouldn't mind seeing the game on the Wii but i can't argue with the majorities point here.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
If you use Zelda as an example, you have to acknowledge that it exists successfuly on boht handhelds and consoles - what's to say Pokemon can't do the same?so_hai
Because its easier to go from console to handheld, than handheld to console. Zelda has always been a console game, on a handheld, its smaller Zelda on the go. But if you want the full Zelda experience, you have to stick to the console. A Pokemon on consoles would still be the full experience, but bigger and grander than the handheld version. See the difference? Think of Pokemon Stadium like a handheld Zelda game, its Pokemon, it has its only little flare, but its not the full experience your accustom to, to get that, your going to have to buy the 3DS. You understand now.
Darthschneider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Darthschneider
Member since 2008 • 257 Posts
I think they should do a game for the wii like stadium so that you can see your pokemon fight each other in 3d (I know 3ds is coming but that's not what I mean) we have now hg/ss and with black and white coming the next year we need a pokemon game that can have all the new pokes, we can't depend on Battle Revolution forever :? So yes the should make a game for the wii, another full RPG? Not really something like stadium is good and something that does not include 10 year old kids that save the world from an evil team >_>
so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 so_hai
[QUOTE="so_hai"]If you use Zelda as an example, you have to acknowledge that it exists successfuly on boht handhelds and consoles - what's to say Pokemon can't do the same?Sepewrath
Because its easier to go from console to handheld, than handheld to console. Zelda has always been a console game, on a handheld, its smaller Zelda on the go. But if you want the full Zelda experience, you have to stick to the console. A Pokemon on consoles would still be the full experience, but bigger and grander than the handheld version. See the difference? Think of Pokemon Stadium like a handheld Zelda game, its Pokemon, it has its only little flare, but its not the full experience your accustom to, to get that, your going to have to buy the 3DS. You understand now.

The 'full' Zelda experience doesn't always rate as high or sell as much as the handheld edition - so I can't see what that really means... But anyway. I thought the Pokemon fans had more faith in Gamefreak and Nintendos abilities... I guess they'd only make it for fans that would really want it anyway.
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

Well, I'll admit that it sucks that there isn't a true Pokemon game for Wii, but the DS needs that exclusive game to boost sales.