Do you think I will regret buying a 3DS ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Royyyyyyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Do you think I will regret buying a 3DS ? (15 votes)

Buy it ! 93%
No , you can't play it for a long time. 0%
7%

I know it's pretty stupid to ask this question.. I'm still considering should I buy a 3DS as a handheld entertainment.. You might don't know , Malaysia or maybe just my state , it's pretty fail to mod or jailbreak those game consoles , it makes those games became cheaper until too cheap. I had PS2 and Xbox360 , I bought their games like 2 discs per week. Because of too cheap , I don't treasure those games , that's why I played like not even half of the story then throw it aside to collect dust. -_- I end up stick with my PC.

I have been deciding to get a handheld console this year, Wii U is a little bit costy to me , PS Vita 's library just not suits me, COD,Killzone, AC , nah.. 3DS will be my choice , I like Kirby , anime , and those games with many transformation(like Kirby )

Most popular 3DS games are turn-based games right, I'm scared I will get bored easily because I downloaded those Pokemon games and play via emulator in PC. 3DS gonna be my first original console , and of course games will be very expensive to me( It's like 10+ times the Xbox360 pirated disc) , I wonder if I can have fun with 3DS. Pokemon X/Y , Bravely Default , Fire Emblem looks great , but I'm just not very confidence I can have fun with it for long time.

So I would like to seek for some advices and suggestions from you guys, I bet nobody have the same experience as me as all of you guys were not Malaysian I think o.o

I'll appreciate any advice and opinion of yours

Btw , I wonder what is Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console , is it like you buy and download the game from online and play it with your 3DS?

• 
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Hmm... this is pretty difficult.

I sort of understand. I was born in a country where a good majority of people pirated their games and many of my family members still do it. I guess it's time to change your habits and maybe consider treasuring your games and playing them to a 100%. Consoles and handhelds will continue to be more difficult to mod. Yeah, full priced games are expensive compared to pirated stuff, but they may be worth it if you try to experience everything it offers. You won't be able to buy games at such a frequent rate, but if you really want a 3DS, or any current/future console, you are going to have to make some sacrifices.

Pokemon X/Y will easily give you 30 hours in single player, and many more if you start to battle competitively online.

Fire Emblem Awakening will easily give you 20 hours of gameplay during the main story, and much more if you decide to complete the optional quests or have the money for the DLC quests.

Bravely Default will easily give you 40 hours of gameplay during the main story.

Kirby is getting a new game called Triple Deluxe. It sounds like you will enjoy it a lot.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

easy...

have you owned a ds or gameboy before?

did you play those handheld systems a lot?

if you did then yes buy a 3ds.

do you travel on the bus or always outside your house? then yes get a 3ds... if you are always inside in your house...then no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

In my opinion, you will NOT regret it.

I'll be honest, I haven't bought a 3DS and my DSlite and DSi are currently collecting dust. But I can tell you from my history of Gameboys and DSs, Nintendo handhelds never disappoint and they've always been consistent in delivering value with a variety of quality games. Pretty sure the 3DS has them. Part of the reason my Gamegear collected dust and never looked at any handhelds that's not Nintendo.

Royyyyyyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Royyyyyyyy
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

Hmm... this is pretty difficult.

I sort of understand. I was born in a country where a good majority of people pirated their games and many of my family members still do it. I guess it's time to change your habits and maybe consider treasuring your games and playing them to a 100%. Consoles and handhelds will continue to be more difficult to mod. Yeah, full priced games are expensive compared to pirated stuff, but they may be worth it if you try to experience everything it offers. You won't be able to buy games at such a frequent rate, but if you really want a 3DS, or any current/future console, you are going to have to make some sacrifices.

Pokemon X/Y will easily give you 30 hours in single player, and many more if you start to battle competitively online.

Fire Emblem Awakening will easily give you 20 hours of gameplay during the main story, and much more if you decide to complete the optional quests or have the money for the DLC quests.

Bravely Default will easily give you 40 hours of gameplay during the main story.

Kirby is getting a new game called Triple Deluxe. It sounds like you will enjoy it a lot.

@KBFloYd said:

easy...

have you owned a ds or gameboy before?

did you play those handheld systems a lot?

if you did then yes buy a 3ds.

do you travel on the bus or always outside your house? then yes get a 3ds... if you are always inside in your house...then no.

@VERTIGO47 said:

In my opinion, you will NOT regret it.

I'll be honest, I haven't bought a 3DS and my DSlite and DSi are currently collecting dust. But I can tell you from my history of Gameboys and DSs, Nintendo handhelds never disappoint and they've always been consistent in delivering value with a variety of quality games. Pretty sure the 3DS has them. Part of the reason my Gamegear collected dust and never looked at any handhelds that's not Nintendo.

Thanks for all of your opinion. 3DS 's graphic in youtube really does not interest me while Wii U 's graphic is great , I have been thinking should I buy a Wii U or not. I think imma gonna post a thread see should I buy 3DS or Wii U. I wonder if 3DS 's graphic I see will be better ? Because 3DS game video in youtube are stretched right.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

@royyyyyyyy said:

Thanks for all of your opinion. 3DS 's graphic in youtube really does not interest me while Wii U 's graphic is great , I have been thinking should I buy a Wii U or not. I think imma gonna post a thread see should I buy 3DS or Wii U. I wonder if 3DS 's graphic I see will be better ? Because 3DS game video in youtube are stretched right.

3DS does not have the best graphics, but it does have the games you may be interested in. Are there any Wii U games you think you'll enjoy playing?

Royyyyyyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Royyyyyyyy

@ANIMEguy10034: Well , I'll just spill out everything. I enjoyed playing Megaman X6/8 in PS and PC , action adventure with difference power and difference form. I do have own a xbox360 , I enjoyed playing the latest Ninja Gaiden , Bayonetta , DMC those beat-em up games , I enjoyed playing sword-playing games but definitely not Monster Hunter , somehow it does not interest me. What Wii U Games I'll enjoy playing ? I think it would be Bayonetta 2 , The Wonderful 101 ,X , maybe some Mario games , maybe I could like to try out Zelda , and I'm looking into the upcoming Hyrule Warrior..
I think I'll list out some CONS too , It's not handheld right , I might wanted to play games in bus or LRT. Meaning I only can play Wii U when i'm home. It's pretty troublesome console which you have to bring the console and the gamepad if you want to play it outside. If not mistaken , Wii U games is around $30 expensive than 3DS games and Wii U's game library is just kind of small. Wii U does have backward compatibility but I think I'll save those money for Wii U games as I can play Wii games via dolphin emulator. Besides , if I bought a Wii U , I think won't have time to play my XBOX360 , or I can play both?
At the other side , 3DS does have greater library , cheaper games compared to Wii U. It's a awesome handheld console , it has better battery life in 3DS XL. 3DS 's games mostly were turn-based games like Pokemon X/Y , Bravely Default , Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei. I finished Pokemon Emerald , Sapphire and Ruby years ago using GBA emulator but once Pokemon hits DS , I did not finish mostly every game like Platinum , Soul Silver , Black and White , I'm scared I can't finish Pokemon X/Y and the other games. Fire Emblem is different , might enjoy it. One big problem , 3DS 's graphic just too poor. Btw , 3DS console is cheaper than Wii U(3DS - MYR715 , Wii U - MYR 1150) Ah yeah , I don't enjoy FPS games like COD and Battlefield.
Thank you for helping me on choosing my console. :) I'm sorry if I typed too much. @@

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

The 3DS is worth getting.

As a moderator, I should tell you that talking about emulators here is not allowed. It is against the terms of service.

Royyyyyyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Royyyyyyyy

@BranKetra: OMG i'm sorry.. Although just talking about story of mine , but I'm sorry :O

By the way , thank you for your suggestion !

GeekInkINC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GeekInkINC
Member since 2014 • 206 Posts

I bet you will not regret it, m8. Go all in, 3DS has a bright future.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

I love my 3DS and Vita for different reasons. Both are amazing. PS4 is collecting dust. Wish it wasn't, but that's typical for a new gen.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

The 3DS is kinda like a portable Gamecube. It terms of "power" The games are decent. Thus far 42 million have been sold. I have a 3DS and a PSvita Both are fun handheld gaming systems. I have 32 PSvita retail SD card games. an a bundle of downloaded games on 2 different 4GB SD memory cards. One came with the PSvita starter pack and one came with the First edition bundle.

The 3DS I just have 8 retail games and a few Downloaded games on the 2GB SD card.

So if you like handheld games the 3DS will be good for you. Do you like Nintendo games? if so the 3DS is for you.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Hm. For a start, it sounds like you want to pirate games on the 3DS if you had it? If so, this can easily lead to bricking the console if connected online. So with that said, no, I don't recommend it (if you're going to pirate the games).

Royyyyyyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Royyyyyyyy

@trugs26: Nah i don't want pirated games on 3DS. I wish every game console are non pirated , it just spoil the market of the console and even spoil the player. I realized that I do not treasure the games I bought with cheap price(pirated) for my XBOX360 because of too cheap..
Btw thanks. I could like to practise myself to change this habits , soon i'll be starting to play fully totally original game :)

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#14 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I've found several games to enjoy on it, although several of them are RPGs. Not sure if that's your thing.