do you count The Faces of Evil,The Wand of Gamelon,Zelda's Adventure as zelda ga

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by EmperorZeruel (4194 posts) -

Do you count The Faces of Evil,Zelda: The Wand of GamelonandZelda's Adventure as zelda games?

#2 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

No since they are not developed by Nintendo.

They only happened because Nintendo had to give the license to Phillips for them to work on an SNES add-on when they tried to back out of the deal as a settlement.

Nintendo had to give them a 3 game deal.

But since they aren't developed or co-developed by Nintendo they don't count as Canon.

#3 Posted by MonsieurX (29985 posts) -
There's Zelda in the title,yes.
#4 Posted by BuryMe (22017 posts) -

Yeah. They're non-canon games, but still real.

#5 Posted by Gohansephiroth (9871 posts) -

Of course not, those blights on humanity should remain in the past as nothing more than slight knock offs of a great series, and quite frankly I'm tired of the Internet memes they've stemmed. Let them die

#6 Posted by bbkkristian (14946 posts) -
No... Those games are forbidden. :P
#7 Posted by chocolate1325 (32494 posts) -

No because Nintendo took no part in developing them.

#8 Posted by Yoweeh (3025 posts) -

Are they Zelda games? Yes, there is Zelda in the title and they have a Link, Zelda, and Ganon.

Should they be taken into consideration when making something Zelda-related, like a timeline? Not really.

Should we address them with any seriousness? No, they aren't very canon. More like spoofs.

#9 Posted by meetroid8 (21139 posts) -
Those games are jokes and should be viewed as such.
#10 Posted by stizz- (734 posts) -

^ hilarious jokes. I rarely laugh until I cry, but those youtube videos definitely got me to that point. Honestly I'd love to see them get the licenses to more franchises.

#11 Posted by everlong12 (648 posts) -

Those games look awful but I can't help but feel weary about not ever playing them. I've played all other Zelda games but not those. Spoof or not, they exsist. I consider Spaceballs a Star Wars movie. Without Star Wars there would be no Spaceballs. It's like friends who have a really ugly baby. you love your friends and eventually your gonna have to see the baby lol

#12 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Yes, but they're not serious games. More like cash-ins on the Zelda license and weren't even made by Nintendo.

#15 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

As far as I'm concerned they don't count and should never be spoken of.

#16 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4734 posts) -

I count them as very horrible spinoffs with horrible, unforgettable dialogue.

"Oh, boy, I'm so hungry I could eat an octorok!"
"Great! I can't wait to bomb some dodongos!"

#17 Posted by Litchie (16271 posts) -

They are games, and they have Zelda in the title. Really horrible ones, but you can't pretend they don't exist just because they're bad.

#18 Posted by KnightSkull (1698 posts) -

They do NOT exist :x

Do not speak of them ever again :x

:P

#19 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

They are games, and they have Zelda in the title. Really horrible ones, but you can't pretend they don't exist just because they're bad.

Litchie

But you can pretend they don't exist since they were made against Nintendo's will.

#20 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
as much as i count the flash games.