Do I need hdmi cables for the wii (getting wii soon)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2397 posts) -

IDK if the Wii is HD or not, and was wondering if I need HDMI cables or not? Rather, does it make that much of a difference? I have an lcd and crt tv, so idk if it'd be better to play on one or the other in terms of picture quality. I'll be getting a Wii by the end of the summer and would rather get the opinions of actual owners rather than someone at the store just tyring to sell me stuff.

#2 Posted by SirusCoven (514 posts) -

The Wii doesn't have an HDMI port. You will want to get component cables. I recommened the official Nintendo one.

#3 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2397 posts) -

The Wii doesn't have an HDMI port. You will want to get component cables. I recommened the official Nintendo one.

SirusCoven

ah ok, i'll probably be working with standard a/v to begin with since i'll be pushing my desired spending limit by then once I get the 2 games I want and a classic controller. I should really start looking to see what I'll need to be getting when I get the system so I'll actually be able to play it how it's meant to be played, plus Deus Ex is coming out around the same time I want to pick up a Wii so right there it's bad timing. Thanks for the heads up that there are no HDMI ports on the console.

#4 Posted by super600 (30508 posts) -

The best cables for the Wii are the component cables if you have a Tv that is compatible with them. The picture for most Wiigames when you use these cables are drastically improved on most games.